The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Clasp aax DAW Software
Old 26th April 2015
Lives for gear

Clasp aax

Anybody using the new AAX version of the Clasp Plug in? I have no luck, I arm a track but it won't arm the tracks at the Clasp Remote plug in. When I try UPDATE button it got stock and red, but still not circulating thru the banks of tracks, nor updating them.

I love Clasp by the way! just can wait to get to use it with PT11!

Peace!
Old 28th April 2015
Lives for gear

Resolved!

Guys don't forget your HUI Settings in PT11!!! They still have to be set!
Setting HUI in Peripherals resolves the issue mentioned before.
Works Like a Champ!

Old 29th April 2015
Deleted 7f9cade
Man. You have an amazing collection of gear!

I thought clasp was just a unit that records to pro tools after signal hits the repro heads?

Didn't realize there was a plugin involved. Is that for transport control?
Old 29th April 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ienjoyaudio View Post
Man. You have an amazing collection of gear!

I thought clasp was just a unit that records to pro tools after signal hits the repro heads?

Didn't realize there was a plugin involved. Is that for transport control?
The plugin handles delay compensation and switching - when you're in record mode, clasp monitors the direct signal - when repro, clasp plays back from disk.

I've only used it a couple of times, but it's well worth having a go with if you get the chance!
Old 29th April 2015
Deleted 7f9cade
ahh. That makes sense.

So Clasp is a tape to pro tools "bridge" but it also kinda serves as a zero latency cue bus too it seems.

Ive never had the opportunity to track in a studio that had one. Ive always thought the concept was really cool.

From what I understand you can use the same reel of tape over and over again too?
Old 30th October 2017
Here for the gear

Anyone who knows where I might get my fingers on the newest version of the CLASP plugin? I bought one used, and don't have the registration code that I need to download it from the Endless Analog site. So know the CLASP is just sitting in a rack, and I can't use it for anything....

Would be much appreciated :D
Old 2nd January 2018
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nossral View Post
Anyone who knows where I might get my fingers on the newest version of the CLASP plugin? I bought one used, and don't have the registration code that I need to download it from the Endless Analog site. So know the CLASP is just sitting in a rack, and I can't use it for anything....

Would be much appreciated :D
First check about the eprom version... It will tell you about the right plugin version. I'm working with Ndo/Cub so I have the vst plug but maybe I have a 3.5 aax somewhere, I'll check if you still need one.
Top Mentioned Products
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search