The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
What is the coolest Preamp today?
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by toneguru View Post
Hands down coolest mic pre... take a look at my avatar.

UA 610.

Pair it up with a 670 and you got thee fattest, realist, most bad ass tone known to man and dog.

Ha! Lol. I’ve been craving a 610 but every time I read GS I get convinced to pass on it with all the wooly blanket comments. I should just trust my gut and get one. I bet I’ll like it a lot. Thx for the nod!
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funny Cat View Post
Ha! Lol. I’ve been craving a 610 but every time I read GS I get convinced to pass on it with all the wooly blanket comments. I should just trust my gut and get one. I bet I’ll like it a lot. Thx for the nod!
Yeh but before you get a UA 610, you gotta find a UA 610 :-)
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Nut

I don't know if this one was mentioned but I love the Buzz Audio MA 2.2. Huge sound and one of the fastest preamps out there:

https://www.buzzaudio.com/products/ma2.2shootout.htm

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ1973 View Post
Lol.. agree, maybe a dumb question but I have the usual suspects (Telefunken/Neve/Focusrite/API/)... curious to know what's cool out there? Let's say I'm the old guy asking the young kid what the latest music is that the kids are listening to.....we are slutz after all, so why not buy because it's cool right? lol...
Edit: By digging into this topic more, I'm hoping we could also discuss some great independent manufacturers who make high quality items that are off the chain as well as the not so discussed vintage pieces that are amazing!
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by toneguru View Post
Hands down coolest mic pre... take a look at my avatar.

UA 610.

Pair it up with a 670 and you got thee fattest, realist, most bad ass tone known to man and dog.
must admit i never tried the 610 console or vintage racked units, but the currently made 610 sounds to me a bit blurry and lacks definition. Not versatille at all. Would love to try the vintage ones
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search