The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Health and Hearing Loss

Sponsored ByWorking Class Audio
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

How good are they? And are they worth trying?

Seras
replies: 1 views: 297
Synth Guru 2 days ago

The title may sound like a contradiction, but tinnitus and hearing problems pop up on the board once in a while. Most of the...

Frequency
replies: 216 views: 94,285
Midnight Oil Audio 1 week ago

Hi, I was wondering if earplugs that only attenuate something like 3 to 6 dB exist. Thanks.

subwerker
replies: 8 views: 387
studer58 3 weeks ago

If you remember nothing else about the topic, remember this: it often isn't like you see in the movies, where you have this...

bill5
replies: 1 views: 410
clump 13th June 2018

Dear Slutz, if this is not the best place for the thread, Im sorry, please move it to appropriate forum. I've been diagnosed...

klogg
replies: 16 views: 1,279
vincentvangogo 25th May 2018

Where are all the engineer/producers that quit smoking? Damn I need some advice. It's time to quit!! I quit a few months...

auralart
replies: 52 views: 1,728
shufflebeat 18th May 2018

So two weeks ago I started having a plugged feeling in my right ear. I tried cleaning it with a q-tip and it didn't help. A...

KingDiamond
replies: 54 views: 94,753
KevWind 13th May 2018

Anyone have ear tubes put in as an adult and want to reassure me? Had both sides done today to relieve eustachian pressure. Now...

sloansimpson
replies: 14 views: 496
SpeckledOwl 29th April 2018

I'm 60 years old and mixed for over 40 years.. 30 on urie 813's where the A weighted SPL was 120 dB 5 feet behind my mix position...

Sigma
replies: 1 views: 869
achase4u 25th April 2018

I'm 42 yrs. old, pianist, audio-technologies person, relatively healthy, never complained about hearing, able to hear 20+ kHz...

AKM
replies: 10 views: 558
Synth Guru 6th April 2018

So, my mom called tonight with my dad having an emergency need with his mouth bleeding (profusely) Went over, picked him up,...

toowrongfoo
replies: 42 views: 1,351
foxwaves 31st March 2018

Here's a cheery subject So who's lost their high frequency hearing ? or even worse has tinnitus ? A friend of mine who also...

Orchestrion
replies: 18 views: 1,724
johannburkard 31st March 2018

So I got a really bad flu and it's been the third time in 2 months. My son is in daycare and he gets sick like every other week...

Limit54
replies: 5 views: 435
Limit54 23rd March 2018

Hello all, What are signs of ear fatigue? Thanks, ben

ob1
replies: 2 views: 399
Sigma 17th February 2018

I just read about a 70% to 80% recovery rate for Tinnitus treatment using Lidocaine IV injections. I know a lot of Gearslutz...

Rob Coates
replies: 17 views: 1,401
bill5 2nd February 2018

Have any of y'all experienced a recent uptick in tinnitus-related spam? I sure have. A big one.

Brent Hahn
replies: 11 views: 628
Brent Hahn 21st January 2018

The cold and/or the flu are mostly gone but I still have a hacking cough and the sound effects in my ears when I swallow or...

Thomas W. Bethe
replies: 13 views: 774
Synth Guru 15th January 2018

Went to see there was a hearing test a booth of 6 people in a booth. And my results came it it is in the normal but a loss at the...

spektor
replies: 2 views: 693
spektor 11th January 2018

I knew that I'd never be one of the greatest engineers on this planet but I had the strong desire to constantly learn to make the...

wkj
replies: 14 views: 875
12ax7 8th January 2018

Do you believe there's any correspondence between mental illnesses and creativity? Reason to think there could be is that I've...

soundmodel
replies: 15 views: 1,274
M32 5th January 2018

I don't do them. This year, I wish I had. Friday night felt like a long, tough week. Saturday morning, too late for Cold Eeze,...

JayTee4303
replies: 10 views: 733
toowrongfoo 24th December 2017

Hello guys. Like many other people I work usually sitting and I keep such position really for a long time. However I really don't...

Seras
replies: 7 views: 772
WarmJetGuitar 18th December 2017

I had a stroke on January 6 that wiped out my fingers on my left hand and thoroughly messed up my singing voice. Being as I make...

brill bedroom
replies: 28 views: 1,565
theblue1 19th November 2017

Don't know if its an ear thing or just being really picky, been tracking a vocal (me) for a few days now and after I take a break...

masternfool
replies: 2 views: 533
masternfool 17th November 2017

Sonic attacks in Cuba hit more diplomats than earlier reported, officials say - CNNPolitics Brings to mind Kate Bush's...

antstudio
replies: 5 views: 772
Dezibelzebub 17th November 2017

who of you engineers is working with mild to severe hearing los? Can anyone please share your experience? Especially as a mixing...

MikeHotten
replies: 24 views: 1,782
Synth Guru 17th November 2017

Hello guys. I'm a working audio engineer and I just started for 2 years. I normally monitor my mixes at around 60-70dBa. I never...

MinamiChan
replies: 35 views: 2,610
js230 9th November 2017

Smoking

My moan... Everything is going great- getting loads of work, making good money, enjoying my work but I started smoking...

octatonic
replies: 49 views: 4,094
JoeyM 19th October 2017

Watch this. Try it. Report back. Cheers... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajb37ie-Juo&feature=youtu.be

Dot
replies: 6 views: 913
Synth Guru 16th October 2017

I've got a "dip" in my hearing at around 460Hz in my left ear. If i crank up the volume, i start to hear...

VinylScra
replies: 0 views: 510
VinylScra 13th October 2017

A few years ago, I took a touring guitarist gig and got the hell out of my Aeron after more than 12 busy years of studio life. ...

Kyle Ashley
replies: 6 views: 644
Noisewagon 8th October 2017

Ugh.. nothing quite like getting sick when you're actually excited to work on a track. - - Yesterday, my boy came over and laid...

FreshProduce
replies: 4 views: 891
FreshProduce 6th October 2017

I've been getting pains in my neck and wrist for awhile but the past two days its unbearable.im thinking its because of using the...

djwaxxy
replies: 65 views: 3,672
Tui 28th September 2017

Hey guys. Today I saw on the news that the possibility of contracting this disease will be more prevalent in the wake of both...

Synth Guru
replies: 1 views: 994
Arthur Stone 18th September 2017

Hello, recently i noticed some Hairs starting to grow out of my ears. I guess they have a function regarding hearing. but...

Mario Super
replies: 4 views: 713
Synth Guru 18th September 2017

Not sure if the Java Code will work on modern computers, but try this. Hearing Test Products I have found using a quiet space...

DanDan
replies: 0 views: 654
DanDan 6th September 2017

Hello fellas, I've been dealing with tinnitus since november 2009 after a very long studio session... the first 4 months were...

Stevefire
replies: 40 views: 11,966
Synth Guru 31st August 2017

NO not the VSM3 or VSC2!! Although are my favs! I suffer from Vestibular Migrane Vertigo. I only bring this up because I had a...

ardis
replies: 2 views: 702
Ardis 30th August 2017

I say this because I did and I really fell off the health and fitness wagon epically! About 2 years ago I got very sick with...

James Lugo
replies: 12 views: 1,489
edwinhurwitz 29th July 2017

I'm seeing a lot of threads on tinnitus on music/audio forums. I recently tried listening to my own tinnitus (I usually ignore...

Toobd
replies: 3 views: 1,094
edwinhurwitz 29th July 2017

Hi, apologies for the 'boring' topic, but I can't be the first person here to think about this? I am relatively 'fit' and active...

The Beatsmith
replies: 47 views: 2,613
hohoho 1st July 2017

My question is this - Do you feel your ears physically tired? The reason I ask is because I'm making music at what I perceive...

jamesghost
replies: 2 views: 778
Emos Eno 25th June 2017

My basement is half studio and half gym. Now I'm not the picture of bodybuilding but I've been doing this for about 3 years, so...

illynoise
replies: 2 views: 873
ARIEL 15th June 2017
replies: 6 views: 1,392
Sharp11 7th June 2017

Time to face the music ! All these fancy toys can you even hear them : https://newt.phys.unsw.edu.au/jw/hearing.html Is it...

Gusss
replies: 13 views: 1,320
Gusss 23rd May 2017

Anyone knows more about this and where it originates from? Seem to calm my hearing a bit, one comment was that it works...

mattssons
replies: 2 views: 1,055
jazzgitter 15th May 2017

Hey Guys, this is my first topic here. Well, I'm a music producer who likes to produce harsh dirstorted electronic sounds and...

tonnonic
replies: 2 views: 1,019
kafka 8th May 2017

Hi. Not quite sure where to post this, so apologies if it's the wrong place. Yesterday I had several bad events culminate...

Foxis
replies: 13 views: 3,355
Empathy37 8th May 2017

Hi! I have a question about wearing earmuffs. Do you think that wearing earmuffs for a long time, most time of a day for...

biardakmix
replies: 1 views: 773
Midnight Oil Audio 8th May 2017

I've noticed this since a few years ago Which is still completely baffling to me and anyone I mention it to. A little...

Trip Hop Mop
replies: 3 views: 1,016
philsaudio 10th April 2017

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search