The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Wellbutrin and tinnitus/hearing issues common?
Old 11th July 2020
Gear Head

Wellbutrin and tinnitus/hearing issues common?

I recently got diagnosed with ADD and got described Wellbutrin. But after reading up on Wellbutrin online I found that it can cause tinnitus/hearing loss that might even be permanent after you quit taking Wellbutrin. How rare or common is this?

Now I'm a bit worried to even start taking the pills even if my psychiatrist recommended Wellbutrin.

Any experiences or insights?
Old 14th July 2020
Here for the gear

I’ve cycled through several different antidepressants. Many caused tinnitus. Wellbutrin was the worst of these. However, it did go away once the Wellbutrin was washed out of my system. It’s also not the case that it causes tinnitus in everyone.
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh1983 View Post
I’ve cycled through several different antidepressants. Many caused tinnitus. Wellbutrin was the worst of these. However, it did go away once the Wellbutrin was washed out of my system. It’s also not the case that it causes tinnitus in everyone.

I know it’s been a long time since you posted that Josh, but how long did it take to get the Wellbutrin out of your system and the ringing to stop? Thanks.
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
🎙️ View mentioned gear