The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Anybody Out There Tried Lion's Mane Mushroom for Tinnitus?
Old 15th September 2019
Lives for snowflakes

Anybody Out There Tried Lion's Mane Mushroom for Tinnitus?

About a month ago, I started using Lion's Mane (just for general health reasons), and have just lately noticed that my tinnitus seems to have diminished a bit.

Anybody else out there had any similar experience?
Old 15th September 2019
Gear Maniac
Tinnitus comes and goes all the time for me, good luck with the Lion's Mane though.
Old 15th September 2019
Here for the gear

Have you tried working out the frequency, and creating some anti-noise?
Old 15th September 2019
Gear Maniac

I was recently recommended Lion's Main as apparently it helps with brain cell rejuvination (or something!).. having fried a few over the years with the music industry lifestyle and general aging.

Would be great if it helped with Tinnitus as well. I'm not a bad sufferer but I have noticed little hints of it in recent years. Luckily I prefer to work pretty quietly for the most part but have had plenty of exposure during my younger years playing in bands, gigging etc.. and had no idea about it until years later.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for snowflakes

Update:

Continuing use of Lion's Mane, and added Niacin to the regimen (upon the advice of Paul Stamets).

Tinnitus continues to diminish!

Last edited by 12ax7; 2 weeks ago at 04:09 AM.. Reason: UPDATE
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for snowflakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyPanda View Post
Have you tried working out the frequency, and creating some anti-noise?
In my case, its kind of inapplicable:

In my case, the "ringing" is more "broadband" than that.
(Its kinda like pink noise or something.)
I also seem to be quite lucky in that it does not sound "real" to me, and it does not really interfere with my hearing all that much.

It also seems to "follow" the sound levels of the "real world", in that I "hear" the "ringing" just under the lowest ambient level (no matter how loud is the world around me).

...In other words: Whenever I'm in a really quiet place, the "ringing" is very quiet, but if I'm standing next to a Harley Davidson being revved, it comes up to just under the "quietest" bits.

Again, for me this "ringing" does not sound "real" (and would never be mistaken as such).

For me, this little problem is easier to ignore than that little logo in the lower right-hand corner of your TV screen.
(Still, I love the fact that my tinnitus seems to be diminishing!)
I have never heard anyone else ever report this kinda thing, but...

Last edited by 12ax7; 2 weeks ago at 04:17 AM..
Old 1 day ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12ax7 View Post
[INDENT]Continuing use of Lion's Mane, and added Niacin to the regimen (upon the advice of Paul Stamets).

Tinnitus continues to diminish!
Just wanted to follow up and see if it’s still working for ya. What dosage are you taking of each?
Old 1 day ago
Lives for snowflakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by tafkac View Post
Just wanted to follow up and see if it’s still working for ya.
It continues to improve (albeit at a slower rate as of late).
Quote:
What dosage are you taking of each?
1.5 grams of Lion's Mane mycelium, together with 125mg of Niacin twice a day (at morning and evening)...

...So about 3 grams of Lion's Mane and 250mg of Niacin per day.
Old 20 hours ago
Lives for gear

Tinnitus can result from dozens of possible situations. I just want to interject that make sure it is not NADAM. Nadam ranges from hearing with you brain (and more) to deep spiritual enlightenment (hearing). It has almost the same symptoms of tinnitus. The eastern spiritualists often say it is a life long breakthrough where you have evolved to a point where you have 2nd hearing (much like second sight) this type of ringing bells ocean etc. sounds can be controlled and used. When a person has a daydream or a 'vision' doctors do not say you have 'eyenitus' or a disease. It is worth putting time and effort in your education and understanding of these phenomena.

I do not want to get anybody's hopes up. But I just wanted others know that I was misdiagnosed - and instead of it being a handicap it has been a sheer blessing. I use it in my artistic pursuits. I would also find out what frequency the ringing is if you have any - just match it up with a sine wave generator or something.
Old 11 hours ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12ax7 View Post
Quote:
Just wanted to follow up and see if it’s still working for ya.
It continues to improve (albeit at a slower rate as of late).
Quote:
What dosage are you taking of each?
1.5 grams of Lion's Mane mycelium, together with 125mg of Niacin twice a day (at morning and evening)...

...So about 3 grams of Lion's Mane and 250mg of Niacin per day.
Interesting. I think I’ll give it a try. Thanks!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search