The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Vaping - There's more to it
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by stixstudios View Post
the pin & glass method
I used to do this back in the day whenever I was running out of hash.
We also used improvised bongs and things.
One day I had made one from a shampoo bottle and the plastic melted, I inhaled the smoke without realizing and got seriously sick.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by memristor View Post
I used to do this back in the day whenever I was running out of hash.
We also used improvised bongs and things.
One day I had made one from a shampoo bottle and the plastic melted, I inhaled the smoke without realizing and got seriously sick.
Thanks Mem, that made me laugh!!. I've been there in a similar situation. Smoking plastic is not good.

I've partaken in many many drugs over my years. Addictions here and there. The one drug I cannot get off is Nicotine.

Speed, Coke, LSD, MJ and others. I gave them up years ago. Perhaps a little bit of Mary Jane these days, but I can't give up Nicotine!!!. It's worse than the other drugs. And it's Legal!!!!...

Last edited by stixstudios; 1 week ago at 03:15 PM.. Reason: Clarification.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for snowflakes

Caveat Emptor!
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict

I was about 13 when I heard "Earache My Eye". No drugs were ever taken. We just loved the words and did our own rendition. Love the lyrics.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJW67QN24SA
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

And now... a little science.

https://www-m.cnn.com/2019/11/08/hea...-bn/index.html
Old 1 week ago
Vaping nearly killed me, says British teenager https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-50377256

Saw this today.

Discuss.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by psycho_monkey View Post
Vaping nearly killed me, says British teenager https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-50377256

Saw this today.

Discuss.
It seems the kid had an allergic reaction to one of the ingredients. That sucks but is no different than someone having an allergic reaction to peanuts or a hundred other allergens.... maybe they need to add allergen warnings to vaping products?

Alistair
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear
what about vaping using dry herb and a stand alone vaporizer? haven't read up on this much but it seems like a lot of cases are related to e-cig users with the liquids. hope they figure this schit out
Old 1 week ago
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRSC View Post
what about vaping using dry herb and a stand alone vaporizer? haven't read up on this much but it seems like a lot of cases are related to e-cig users with the liquids. hope they figure this schit out
I've brought this up several times starting with the first post in this thread.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRSC View Post
According to the CNN article above, vaping problems exist because Vitamin E, used to make concentrates, is sticky and stays on the walls of the lungs. I’m assuming that vaping bud doesn’t have the same problem since it’s not a concentrate.
Old 1 week ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnderTow View Post
It seems the kid had an allergic reaction to one of the ingredients. That sucks but is no different than someone having an allergic reaction to peanuts or a hundred other allergens.... maybe they need to add allergen warnings to vaping products?

Alistair
Also the bit about smoking being 95% more dangerous or words to that effect...
Old 6 days ago
Gear Guru

Any kind of combustion is going to release particles likely to have a negative impact on your lungs if breathed in.

I've never liked smoking joints, I always figured that sucking in the ash from the burning paper was probably as bad or worse for you than the burning marijuana.

And of course the sticky finger issue.
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sounds Great View Post
Any kind of combustion is going to release particles likely to have a negative impact on your lungs if breathed in.

I've never liked smoking joints, I always figured that sucking in the ash from the burning paper was probably as bad or worse for you than the burning marijuana.

And of course the sticky finger issue.
There's no question smoke and particulates are not good for the lungs.

However there's been conjecture whether marijuana has some mitigating effects on lung health, citing its anti-inflammatory properties and as an expectorant.

Quote:
Smoking anything, including marijuana, is never a good idea for people with lung disease. But, marijuana in other forms may benefit people with COPD.

No conclusive research indicates that marijuana can treat COPD. Certain factors make performing clinical studies with marijuana difficult. The strength of marijuana can vary greatly, depending on the variety, for example.

Also, research has shown that many people who smoke marijuana also smoke cigarettes, which can make it difficult to isolate the effects of marijuana.

However, some research indicates that marijuana use may increase forced vital capacity (FVC).

FVC is the amount of air that a person can forcefully and quickly exhale after taking a deep breath. Reduced FVC is one sign of COPD.

According to a 2015 reviewTrusted Source of 19 studies, smoking marijuana may increase FVC, though the reasons remain somewhat unclear.

Some researchers have suggested that CBD and THC may decrease swelling in the lungs and help to open the airways in people with COPD.

It is important to understand that many medications and other treatments for COPD exist and that these do not involve marijuana.

Treatment for COPD often involves bronchodilators and steroids that the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) have studied and approved. The FDA have not approved marijuana to treat COPD.

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/art...ana-treat-copd
Whereas it's practically taboo for athletes to smoke cigarettes now days, weed use has spiked exponentially, even at the highest professional levels, though that might be just reflective of general cultural trends. Nevertheless it doesn't seem to have any bearing on performance or competition.
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12tone View Post
Nevertheless it doesn't seem to have any bearing on performance or competition.
How many tokes to get high? And then how many inhalations for a pack-a-day smoker? Regular tobacco smoking must be on the order of 1000 times more exposure to harmful tar, ash, etc than spliff. I mean, unless you're like Cheech and Chong . . .
Old 3 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Yeah, that's to be expected. But I imagine legal vape companies are suffering much more.

Apparently Trump is backing away from a ban on flavoured vape products. You'd think out of pragmatism and legal concerns, but basically purely a political move, as a result of the apparent potential backlash from his vape toking base. It's a very volatile issue.
Old 3 days ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12tone View Post
Yeah, that's to be expected. But I imagine legal vape companies are suffering much more.

Apparently Trump is backing away from a ban on flavoured vape products. You'd think out of pragmatism and legal concerns, but basically purely a political move, as a result of the apparent potential backlash from his vape toking base. It's a very volatile issue.
I won’t remove this, but a warning to everyone to leave the political discussion please!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search