The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
The ultimate solution for mixing with hearing loss
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

The ultimate solution for mixing with hearing loss

Hey, I am not here to speak about all the strategies to achieve a good mix when You have hearing loss (referencing tracks, spectrum analyzer, etc.)

But I wonder why NO ONE ever had the idea to ask a mastering engineer.

There is plenty of subjects over the internet where people speak about compensation etc., but only a few times, someone had the idea of creating a partnership with a mastering engineer.

Let say you made a mix. You are stressed because You are not sure if the cymbals are not harsh for someone with a good high end hearing.

The mastering engineer Will then act like a security for You. Just have in mind That any spike Will be corrected to perfection with him.

And You Will be sure That the final result is perfect for any other ears.

This solution is very simple, and it does not break your creativity : you still compose, produce, and mix.

And that's why I wonder WHY no one having hearing loss is looking for a ME...
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search