The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Sleep Paralysis Anyone?
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

Sleep Paralysis Anyone?

Anybody else deal with sleep paralysis? It usually happens once every few months, but I had two instances where I woke up unable to move. Honestly, the paralysis itself I can deal with and work through, it's those waking nightmares that accompany the paralysis that mess with me. They feel way too real.
Old 5 days ago
I have experienced it on many occasions throughout my life. It always freaks me out being in that state of consciousness.

Thankfully it's not a daily occurrence. 3-5 episodes per year or so for me.
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

I wake up and there these weird things, with moth antinnias that float around then disseapear when I wake up.
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derp View Post
Anybody else deal with sleep paralysis? It usually happens once every few months, but I had two instances where I woke up unable to move. Honestly, the paralysis itself I can deal with and work through, it's those waking nightmares that accompany the paralysis that mess with me. They feel way too real.
I've had it once or twice, it's not bad until you see "The Hag" though. That sh*t will mess you up

Night hag - Wikipedia
Old 4 days ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrischoir View Post
I've had it once or twice, it's not bad until you see "The Hag" though. That sh*t will mess you up

Night hag - Wikipedia
OMG...gobsmacked...and a bunch more words I don't ever say because I've been saving them for times like this. I've tangled with The Hag!

I'd never heard of her before reading this. ^ It was 8 or 9 years ago. She jumped on my back one night as I was sleeping. I was sleeping on my stomach, obviously, and suddenly SLAM.. I was being shoved down pretty hard into the bed. There was none of the buzzing or paralysis that comes with sleep paralysis as I recall. I've had that too. Well, I don't remember how, but I got free somehow and the next thing I can recall is being in the living room. Strangely, it was day, and there was this short, maybe like 4'9" pudgy woman there a few feet away from me. She had on coveralls and had a bandana on her head and as she looked out of the corner of her eye at me her puffy cheeks were puffing in and out as if she was really frustrated. She brushed past me and that's when I woke up.

I told my wife about it. She starts from a position of belief regarding ghosts and such and doesn't ever really go in any direction other than greater belief. I've always been the opposite. She was all "uh huh and oh really about it." but not in an off hand or sarcastic way. Anyway, later that day my wife and son went to the mall, and while they were gone, I had myself a little tour of the premises. I had a profound feeling of home and family defense. I thought about the years that I'd lived in this home, all the violin playing I've done in it. My house! I thought about the pudgy woman, and how she seemed small and weak when I had seen her in the living room. I felt empowered, and ready to rock. But, there was nothing to confront, by the real light of day.

It hasn't happened since, and I'm still not scared. Fear and I are by no means strangers, and I've fought hard to conquer at least one very large fear in my life. It was a battle that lasted many years. Now surprise attacks are by no means fun, or welcome, but pudgy hillbilly woman didn't measure up. I still feel that way. And she hasn't been back. I haven't even thought about it for a few years, till I saw this.

My skin was crawling just a bit last night though after reading the Wiki link you provided, chrischoir. I simply do not know what to make of "The Hag" being such a widespread phenomena. Freaky. I could maybe understand if it was Jesus, or The Buddha, or Linda Carter. But, "The Hag"? What in the Sam hill? A glitch in the matrix perhaps?

Wow, just WOW! <<< Some more words I never say.
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

Old 4 days ago
Gear Nut

Now I understand. Miss Hag was frustrated cuz she didn't get teh hiney.
Old 1 day ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrischoir View Post

Night hag - Wikipedia
Oh my god, why did you have to tell me this? The waking nightmares so far have always involved women. The first one was a translucent angry woman hovering over my head, and the other one was holding me in place and keeping me from screaming.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search