The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Ear hygiene & wax removal
Old 5th November 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by realtrance View Post
Just for the fun of it, I'm not making fun of you, I like your user name, clump, but my first reaction before getting to your post was, "the earwax has spoken!"

We're done here, unless there's a scientific breakthrough in earwax maintenance on the way, I think?
From this day on 'Earwax Personified' shall be embossed onto my business cards, thank you.
Old 5th November 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by clump View Post
What do you mean by "burden"?

People don't make a conscious decision to be upset or insulted by something, they either are or they're not.....it is a natural emotion.

As I said earlier, some people have empathy for others, some don't.....That's part of the human condition.

Seems to me that you find "sensitive people" to be a "problem".......Does that not make you sensitive to them?

Perhaps you should just deal with it and move on?
Life is hard, and there are enough important things to worry about without wasting a single second getting upset over a word someone else says. It's a fault, a weakness, to be bothered by such things, and we should all endeavor to be strong enough to handle such a trivial thing that you have no control over anyway, and when you inevitably find yourself thinking like that - take a moment to remember the childhood saying: sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me.

See, even kids know what's up...

So yes, such troubles are indeed a burden of their own. Suck it up, buttercup.
Old 5th November 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunnyKine View Post
Life is hard, and there are enough important things to worry about without wasting a single second getting upset over a word someone else says. It's a fault, a weakness, to be bothered by such things, and we should all endeavor to be strong enough to handle such a trivial thing that you have no control over anyway, and when you inevitably find yourself thinking like that - take a moment to remember the childhood saying: sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me.

See, even kids know what's up...

So yes, such troubles are indeed a burden of their own. Suck it up, buttercup.
But you are the one who is offended here, yet you are telling everybody else to "deal with it" or "suck it up"

I just find the irony amusing.
Old 5th November 2018
Gear Addict
Couple of years ago, I was in Ireland on a business trip. Asked one of my co-workers if she wouldn't mind, giving me a ride to work. Had no idea I had just made a lewd comment to her. Re: 'Spaz'... It's news to me, that it offends some folks. Knowing that it does, I may try and be more careful in using it. ...as I am more careful who I ask for a ride..

Back to earwax though.. Truly, the mineral oil thing, has been a great thing for me. I mentioned it in my previous post here... but just a few drops, soak for a few minutes.. and my ears were spotless, when I went in to have them cleaned at the Drs offices. I do it now on a monthly basis... and my ears have never been cleaner. I wear hearing aids in both ears... and they let you know if you have wax buildup. Not so much with regular mineral oil treatments.
Old 5th November 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by clump View Post
But you are the one who is offended here, yet you are telling everybody else to "deal with it" or "suck it up"

I just find the irony amusing.
I'm not offended in the least. No irony whatsoever, beyond your assumptions.
Old 6th November 2018
Gear Addict

.. a "ride" to work.. many years back when 18, I was working in construction where my pockets usually got filled with bits of wire, screws, nuts, sand, washers etc. Anyway I was paying for some petrol (gas) and digging through my pockets to find cash money I pulled out a few bank notes and some change, in the process pulling out a few screws with the coins. So in jest I counted out the £7.35 in notes and digging through the coins I said "..30p and a screw". I thought nothing of it, I did push over the remaining 5p but the "screw" word got, well The person at the counter was a busty young girl, all lipstick and hair-do. There was no ill intent on my part.

Offended? Feingned offence?

Time to close this thread it derailed many posts ago. Let's end on a laff
Old 6th November 2018
Lives for gear

i thought we were talking about ears...

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search