The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Technique against Tinnitus
Old 23rd September 2018
Technique against Tinnitus

Hi guys,
I recently found a video with a technique against tinnitus, by a physiotherapist named Liebscher-Bracht:
YouTube

The theory behind it is that tinnitus often is caused by tense muscles (through excess sitting in wrong positions) that don´t relax by themselves anymore, get hardened and squeeze the nerves. It can be mitigated by stretching those muscles in the neck and shoulders.

Unfortunately the explanation is in German, but it´s quite clearly demonstrated in the video. The most important thing is to do each technique at least for 2 minutes, even though it´s shown shorter in the video (that´s what he says).
Also, go slowly with the stretching, but find the pain in the muscle. On a pain scale from 1-10 do not go 10, but over 8 with the stretchings, that´s what he says.

Oh, and in his other videos he also says that you have to keep doing the techniques for about 14 days for full effect.

Hope it helps!

Cheers,
Christian
Old 23rd September 2018
Gear Nut

Let us know how this goes - if you try it. I just noticed on you tube you can turn on closed captions - auto translate (English).. So maybe I'll try it....

However, I have tried several other YouTube Tinnitus reduction videos - none have worked at all for me - not the slightest bit.
Old 7th November 2018
Lives for gear

A valid approach to Tinnitus I think. I was able to provoke mine through the workout. Disappeared immediately. But was a weird experience nevertheless.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search