The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Got the flu and now I have tinnitus
Old 15th March 2018
Got the flu and now I have tinnitus

So I got a really bad flu and it's been the third time in 2 months. My son is in daycare and he gets sick like every other week so then I get it. Long story short is I got it pretty bad last week and I think I got an ear infection but I didn't goto the doctor. Whenever I swallow my ears pop now I guess because they are still clogged and I still have slight symptoms of congestion. Anyway I have noticed I have tinnitus and I can't ever remeber haveing this? I'm 37 so its not like I'm to young to get it but I don't listen to music very loud and I have always watched my ears with loud sounds.

Anyway is this possible to get tinnitus when you at sick? Is is permanent?
Old 16th March 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Limit54 View Post
So I got a really bad flu and it's been the third time in 2 months. My son is in daycare and he gets sick like every other week so then I get it. Long story short is I got it pretty bad last week and I think I got an ear infection but I didn't goto the doctor. Whenever I swallow my ears pop now I guess because they are still clogged and I still have slight symptoms of congestion. Anyway I have noticed I have tinnitus and I can't ever remeber haveing this? I'm 37 so its not like I'm to young to get it but I don't listen to music very loud and I have always watched my ears with loud sounds.

Anyway is this possible to get tinnitus when you at sick? Is is permanent?
The internet is the last place you want to get medical advice

go to an ENT asap.
Old 16th March 2018
It's most likely due to the ear congestion. Some people can get side effects of Tinnitus while taking some decongestants. If it doesn't go away after all the Flu/cold symptoms have gone, get it checked out by a doctor.
Old 16th March 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synth Guru View Post
It's most likely due to the ear congestion. Some people can get side effects of Tinnitus while taking some decongestants. If it doesn't go away after all the Flu/cold symptoms have gone, get it checked out by a doctor.
Alright will do. I've been congested for weeks.this **** is brutal.

Thanks,
Old 23rd March 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Limit54 View Post
Alright will do. I've been congested for weeks.this **** is brutal.

Thanks,
You smoke?
Old 23rd March 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshProduce View Post
You smoke?
No I quit 8 years ago. My congestion is finnaly gone but the tinnitus is still there. I still feel my ears popping when I swallow. I do think the ringing has lowe d in volume slightly, not by much but I feel it's different somehow.

I think I still have a problem on my ears but we will see.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search