The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Emergency rooms....sucking suck
Old 13th February 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by toowrongfoo View Post
Thanks.
You're welcome, Man. Wish things were better for you.
Old 13th February 2018
Lives for gear

Oh FFS, they put it off another week

That poor man.
Old 14th February 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Oh FFS, they put it off another week

That poor man.
Argg! Exactly, your poor Dad. Unfortunately, it's too common.
Old 27th February 2018
Lives for gear

So far so good. Surgery went well, fairly nice hospital (as far as they go, better than the one that is closer)

Unless there is an emergency I'm OVER IT today 3am is bedtime, not wake up in the morning time
Old 3rd March 2018
Lives for gear

Update.

So, for his age and how stressful the procedure is, he's doing good. He's been up walking around a bit, has his color back and is very alert.

Unfortunately, he's had terrible problems with "down under" if you catch my drift. Tomorrow is day 5 and we're stressed but handling it. The Hospital has been mostly great, they only thing that went wrong is after a very stressful commute (it's about 30 miles one way and "business 80" is a nightmare in many ways) there were two times where the "valet" was full. That is hard after all that bobbing and weaving. And hey, I tip!

Oh well, what started as a "tooth" issue that led to this that led to that it's going fairly well. Man, gonna be spendin' time at the folks place when he gets out (if they don't assign a nurse) it's a ton of stuff.
Old 6th March 2018
Lives for gear

Other than "fox" nobody cares. I mean, why would they, it's not some jackass talking about roasted necks (bitter, you bet whitecat)

He's doing well. PITA, to be sure, and we don't "really" know what we are doing. But it's ok so far.
Old 6th March 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Other than "fox" nobody cares. I mean, why would they, it's not some jackass talking about roasted necks (bitter, you bet whitecat)

He's doing well. PITA, to be sure, and we don't "really" know what we are doing. But it's ok so far.
Glad things are going better! It's a rough ride for all involved, I know. Occasionally, you have to find a way to separate yourself from some of the stress...a little escapism. It might be just going to another room when you can to watch a video or call a friend. Even an hour or so helps.

Hang in there, Pal! I can identify with your situation; you'll never regret spending time with your folks and helping a lot. We don't get "do-overs" on some things. Ask your Dad about the old days or something like that...most older folks love to reminisce. All the best wishes for y'all.
Old 18th March 2018
Lives for gear

To the one person who cares ,

Dads doing GREAT! I mean, what a tough ol' coot. He's walking regularly, doing his exercises and can even shower on his own! (the sit chair was recommended early on)

I think he's gonna make it. Maybe I'll get some sleep someday
Old 18th March 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
To the one person who cares ,

Dads doing GREAT! I mean, what a tough ol' coot. He's walking regularly, doing his exercises and can even shower on his own! (the sit chair was recommended early on)

I think he's gonna make it. Maybe I'll get some sleep someday
That's very good news, my friend! I think you can relax a bit now and hopefully do something to refresh your mind too. Going through what you have lately has no doubt changed your perspective on some things. Tough, stressful times tend to do that.

Treat yourself to some time doing whatever you enjoy, even if it is just sleeping more! I think your Dad has a good son and is proud of you. Maybe you've got the makings of a tough ol' coot yourself a few decades from now .
Old 18th March 2018
Lives for gear

You are the coolest. I can't express how thankful I am to have found such a cool dude on the net!
Old 18th March 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
You are the coolest. I can't express how thankful I am to have found such a cool dude on the net!
Well, thanks, Pal . I know how stressful it is to be in a situation such as yours was and felt for you. There are so many jaded, callous health-care folks that when you have one that seems a little more caring you are sorry when their shift ends and a grumpy-gus takes over. The whole affair is tough but you hung in there!

Have a good day, my friend!
Old 31st March 2018
Lives for gear

More update!

He's doing exceedingly well. Cleared to drive, all home health has been eliminated, and he's walking regularly (w/o me) better than before the surgery.

I almost feel left out, but in a good way, cheers!
Old 31st March 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
More update!

He's doing exceedingly well. Cleared to drive, all home health has been eliminated, and he's walking regularly (w/o me) better than before the surgery.

I almost feel left out, but in a good way, cheers!
Finally, better days have arrived for you and your Dad! Enjoy them, my friend; you both have had a rough ride.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search