The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Heartburn ~ When will it end!
Old 26th June 2016
Heartburn ~ When will it end!

I've been suffering from heartburn for many years now and it's been getting worse specially at night. Honestly, I'm sick and tired of it!

I first noticed it when I'd eat spicy foods like Mexican food from Taco Bell. I've never overdone the spices, usually adding one Fire Sauce packet per taco or chalupa. At first, 2-3 Tums anti-acid tabs would take care of the problem and that was it for the day. As the years have gone by, I get heartburn even when I don't east spicy foods and I'm chewing Tums tablets several times a day.

Now I regularly take some Tums before going to bed and I usually wake up at night and need to chew some more.

I'm not overweight and I do cardio and lift weights 3-4 times per week. I'm to the point of needing to take something stronger. There's over the counter tablets that you take once a day and I'm thinking of going that route. I don't think it's serious enough to see a doctor but Tums are no longer doing the trick for me.

What are you taking that really works for you?
Old 26th June 2016
Deleted 7f9cade
Hey. I have the same heartburn and stomach acid problems. Prilosec OTC or Nexium. There are pretty much the same thing. Works like a charm. They have them in 14 day treatment packets. Taking 14 days of either one instantly thwarts my HB. I would say give Prilosec a shot first just because its designed only as a 14 days. However my Doc has told me taking longer is ok.

Another thing i've had that produced heartburn was a tight diaphragm muscle. If the diaphragm is tight it can push on the stomach causing the upward push of stomach acid. There are diaphragm stretch videos on YT but I would suggest going to a myofacial release therapist. Or an advanced massage therapist.

Hope you get it calmed down.

Just to clarify, I am not a doctor and these things I have said worked for me personally. I am not qualified to give true medical advice. See a Doc first if you think it could be something else. Also seek immediate medical help for an erection lasting more than 4 hours.
Old 26th June 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ienjoyaudio View Post
Hey. I have the same heartburn and stomach acid problems. Prilosec OTC or Nexium. There are pretty much the same thing. Works like a charm. They have them in 14 day treatment packets. Taking 14 days of either one instantly thwarts my HB. I would say give Prilosec a shot first just because its designed only as a 14 days. However my Doc has told me taking longer is ok.

Another thing i've had that produced heartburn was a tight diaphragm muscle. If the diaphragm is tight it can push on the stomach causing the upward push of stomach acid. There are diaphragm stretch videos on YT but I would suggest going to a myofacial release therapist. Or an advanced massage therapist.

Hope you get it calmed down.

Just to clarify, I am not a doctor and these things I have said worked for me personally. I am not qualified to give true medical advice. See a Doc first if you think it could be something else. Also seek immediate medical help for an erection lasting more than 4 hours.
Thanks Ienjoyaudio!

I'll check into those two meds. As soon as I'm out of Tums, I think I'll make the switch.
Old 27th June 2016
I went through a period like that when I was young.

I was eating a lot of junk food, skipping meals and eating at irregular times, not eating sometimes and then making up for it by eating twice as much later. From the time I was 17 or so until I was in my mid 20s, I doubt I had three squares a day for more than two days in a row.

And I paid for it not just in acid reflux but, all kinds of gut pains, 'side aches,' gas, and well, downstream issues, too. Sometimes one extreme. Sometimes the other. (Seems like I recall a farm humor parable about a contest between the sun and the human sphincter to see which one was most powerful. I can't remember the particulars, but I'm sure you can imagine who won.)

I gobbled a lot of antacids for a while, too, but often found them ineffective and, worse -- I started imagining that I was becoming 'addicted' to them I finally quit since they didn't seem to help much (Withdrawal was a breeze, though. )

What did help was boring old regular meals -- eating at vaguely regular times of day and eating regular-sized portions (not skipping meals and making up for it by eating twice as much later, for instance). Eating regular meals and trying to keep your system, uh, regular may sound pretty boring and geriatric -- but it payed off in not having all kinds of gut issues, reflux and cycles of, you know, lower tract issues. Ahem.

Better yet, I found that eating spicy foods* didn't seem to be much of a problem.

(However if I backslid and did eat too much and get acid reflux -- then having had spicy food could be a problem as it backwashed back up into the esophagus. For sure.)

I'm no expert, but I would keep an eye on side effects and related issues with acid-reflux medications, there have been some rather nasty issues in that regard over the last few decades, a few drugs pulled into tighter restriction with more warnings and maybe even taken off the market.

One medication that has subtle side effects that many don't find too unpleasant (just don't operate dangerous machines) is medical marijuana, which is now legal in half of the US states. Different people report varying levels of effectiveness with regard to reflux.

* with the exception of one not-widely-used-in-LA pepper that I find unfortunately tasty; it just really bites back at me almost no matter what, if I have more than a little bit... took me a while to figure that out though. I'd go to this one really great little restaurant where the foot was really good and every night, hours later, it was agony... I finally figured it was one of their two or three hot sauces and avoided it; over the years I've learned to recognize the pepper's taste and usually ask for an alternative.
Old 27th June 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synth Guru View Post
I've been suffering from heartburn for many years now and it's been getting worse specially at night. Honestly, I'm sick and tired of it!

I first noticed it when I'd eat spicy foods like Mexican food from Taco Bell. I've never overdone the spices, usually adding one Fire Sauce packet per taco or chalupa. At first, 2-3 Tums anti-acid tabs would take care of the problem and that was it for the day. As the years have gone by, I get heartburn even when I don't east spicy foods and I'm chewing Tums tablets several times a day.

Now I regularly take some Tums before going to bed and I usually wake up at night and need to chew some more.

I'm not overweight and I do cardio and lift weights 3-4 times per week. I'm to the point of needing to take something stronger. There's over the counter tablets that you take once a day and I'm thinking of going that route. I don't think it's serious enough to see a doctor but Tums are no longer doing the trick for me.

The alkaline contained in two sticks raw celery will neutralise the stomach acid (it makes sense to peel away the long fibres). Some say it tastes a bit gross (soapy) but it's also pretty healthy unlike some acid reflux medication. I like it quite a bit and combine celery with a Cuban cigar and a glass of Jura. Alcomohol, acidic and sugary food, processed food and stuff that contains raising agents triggers heartburn more than hot food. But then, I have no clue on which crap level Taco Bell food stays
Old 27th June 2016
Lives for gear

I used to get heartburn from the following: fast food, most processed meats, badly made coffee and many brand of beer. After getting a grip on those I never have heartburn anymore. As for spices, "Table Blend" by Mrs Dash (fantastic salt substitute) and cayenne pepper never mess with me, even in the form of Tabasco or thereabouts.

Fast food though, such a false economy for a lot of people. It's for your digestive system what smoking is for your lungs.

Another thing: careful with Prilosec OTC because warnings out now it's bad for your kidneys. Larry The Cable Guy isn't exactly a doctor, and quite frankly I wouldn't want to use the bathroom after him
Old 27th June 2016
Lives for gear

Many good answers and as always theblue1 has a lot of anectdotal insight. I have been dealing with heartburn my entire life ....seriously. when I was 7 yrs old, I was taking Phillips tablets. Of course it wasn't all the time but still. As others have mentioned, eating smaller meals more often is a big help, but most hectic lives don't let us eat when and what we should.

I am a little over weight (about 15 lbs over the ideal), but that isn't the problem. For me it is a floating hiatal hernia. Many people get them and never know that this is what causes so much of their acid reflux issues. I was told that I may have been born with a slight defect, but we will never know for sure.

Anyhow....STOP taking Tums. I used to take Tums a lot when I was younger and they will actually start to create more heartburn. Now, I take Prevacid only as needed. What that means is, if I know I am going to eat spicy food or drink a lot of wine... I will pop a Prevacid. So usually 2-3 days a week I am taking a Prevacid. They will tell you not to use it this way, but for me the 14 day treatment is not successful. I have tried dang near every PPI out there and Prevacid worked the best for me.

Also, some will say that you have heartburn because you don't have enough acid in your stomach. I am not sure about that, but I knew 2 people who would take 1 tablespoon of white vinegar before their biggest meal of the day for 1 month and they swear that they have never had another bout of heartburn. Oh well, we are all wired a bit differently.

Good luck,

fb
Old 27th June 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by theblue1 View Post
What did help was boring old regular meals -- eating at vaguely regular times of day and eating regular-sized portions (not skipping meals and making up for it by eating twice as much later, for instance). Eating regular meals and trying to keep your system, uh, regular may sound pretty boring and geriatric -- but it payed off in not having all kinds of gut issues, reflux and cycles of, you know, lower tract issues. Ahem.
This is very sensible.

To remedy the OP's problem, you have to think of promoting and maintaining the gut's flora so it does its job, where it's not causing havoc and functioning without reflux and other discomforts. For many this is best achieved through diet rather than medicines, which have unintended deleterious consequences, and not the best long term solution.

I'd suggest 3 things to incorporate into your diet right away:
1) bone broth (beef, chicken, Vietnamese pho, etc...)

2) yogurt, kefir

3) fermented foods, like sauerkraut, kimchee, pickles

if need be, take probiotic supplements as well.
Old 27th June 2016
Here for the gear

You need to drink at least half your body weight in ounces of WATER (not soda, not coffee....WATER) per day; more if you're hot or exercising, etc. My guess is you haven't been doing this and that you've been chronically dehydrated. Heartburn is a warning sign of dehydration. Take a teaspoon of sea salt (the kind without the anti-caking agent...available in health food stores) per day. This will help you retain water. I had heartburn for a long time, before I figured out that I wasn't getting enough water. I'm 100% confident that chronic dehydration resulted in me getting my stomach cancer. So....start off by drinking two 16.9 ounce bottles of water, and then follow that with a bottle every 2 hours for the next 6-8 hours to get caught up. I only weigh 130 lbs, so half my body weight in ounces would be 65 ounces. I drink 4 bottles, minimum, per day. That's 67.6 ounces. How much are you drinking?
Old 27th June 2016
Quote:

I used to get major heartburn - it's the diet - start eating real food that you make yourself - vegetables, avoid red meat as much as possible etc. Any prepared food is basically terrible for you.

If you're getting heartburn, it's a sign that your eating poorly. Cardio and weights isn't going to help, and eventually that diet will major cause weight gain once your metabolism loses it's grit as you get older.
Old 27th June 2016
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbordy View Post
You need to drink at least half your body weight in ounces of WATER (not soda, not coffee....WATER) per day; more if you're hot or exercising, etc. My guess is you haven't been doing this and that you've been chronically dehydrated. Heartburn is a warning sign of dehydration. Take a teaspoon of sea salt (the kind without the anti-caking agent...available in health food stores) per day. This will help you retain water. I had heartburn for a long time, before I figured out that I wasn't getting enough water. I'm 100% confident that chronic dehydration resulted in me getting my stomach cancer. So....start off by drinking two 16.9 ounce bottles of water, and then follow that with a bottle every 2 hours for the next 6-8 hours to get caught up. I only weigh 130 lbs, so half my body weight in ounces would be 65 ounces. I drink 4 bottles, minimum, per day. That's 67.6 ounces. How much are you drinking?
I disagree with the reasoning behind this. If anything, I'm guessing that increased concentration of acid is an issue and diluting it with water helps.

As far as dehydration goes our species has successfully survived for hundreds of thousands of years without knowing our own exact weight and the corresponding amount of liquid we'd need to ingest: We drink when we're thirsty. The sensation of thirst is the body telling us to drink before we get dehydrated.

Hydration is surprisingly uncomplicated.
Old 27th June 2016
Gear Guru

Quote:

It's serious if you're eating Tums daily and the problem doesn't go away. The problem isn't just the discomfort of the "burn", it's that the actual acid can damage your esophagus.

Quote:
I used to have big issues and had to cut out spicy foods. These days I can't have hot sauce, hot peppers or too much curry. I also need to keep portion sizes reasonable, which is hard in the US unless you're cooking yourself. But if I buy made food I try to buy sizes that are either moderate or enough for two meals.

Also I agree with TheBlue, absolutely regular old plain good quality food helps. Bad fatty food made it worse for me. In other words, I don't really have a problem eating a moderate serving of a fatty beef stew, but if I start eating fat-dripping pizzas four days a week it'll be an issue. I also get dietary fiber, calcium and live bacterial cultures in every breakfast.

Also alcohol and coffee can make things worse. Coffee is pretty much the only thing I won't 'negotiate' on, but I drink far less alcohol than before. I'm also older so the hangovers are far worse and not worth it.

You also mention not being overweight, so I'll just mention that a lot of people think they're not, but they're really comparing themselves to people who are 'beyond overweight'. So I don't mean to say I don't trust you when you say you're not healthy, just that if it's just your assumption you should probably take another look at that.

Lastly I'd say that stress certainly can make things worse.
Old 27th June 2016
Lives for gear

In reference to coffee, here's how to make the best regular non-gourmet coffee.

Place the still-sealed new container of coffee in the refrigerator until you'd think it's cold through and through. THEN open it but be quick - it oxidizes as fast as a cut apple. The trick is to be quick getting refrigerated coffee out of the can.

Also a lot of coffeemakers have it so you can preheat the water, like a little recycle up top, I use that for every pot, get it to almost hot, then bam put the coffee in and let it do its magic.

* Caution: if you're not quick or otherwise allow much warm air into the coffee can the taste will be worse than if you didn't do it that way.

= fantastic coffee, smooth and easy on the stomach, but mellow/bold taste and no wasted caffeine
Old 27th June 2016
On the good coffee front, once I started grinding my own beans right before brewing, I really couldn't go back to pre-ground. (I'm a big fan of the Trader Joe's chain's dark roasts -- good coffee at a very reasonable price -- for those lucky enough to live near a TJ's.)
Old 27th June 2016
TNM
Lives for gear
Unfortunately here too. Since around 23. Now 43.
it started that one zantac every 3 days would be like a miracle, now a zantac 300 at night and a lansoprazole in the morning still doesn't take all of it away. it's just the most horrendous burning, to the point I went to hospital sure I was dying once (I though heart attack, this was in 2007). They gave me nexium intravenously and it really worked, but nexium orally does nothing for me for some reason.

Anyway - I've had the usual endoscopy (called gastroscopy here), which only revealed a small to medium hiatus hernia. That was a few years back. I believe in the US they can fix those with surgery but i don't know of anyone who has had it done here. I will investigate again to see if we've gotten with the times.

I've tried everything. Cutting out all spicy food. I don't drink coffee (never liked it, honest). I completely quit smoking. No booze or fruit juice (one good sip of orange juice feels like someone just lit me on fire, and i love orange juice. Haven't drank any for over a decade now). No sodas (called soft drink here hehe. Makes sense i guess when you think about it). At this stage of my life I only drink water, seriously. I also drink the PH balanced alkaline water 1 hour before and 1 hour after a meal. It hasn't done much. I tried switching *only* to alkaline water for like 2 years except for at meal times (it mucks with digestion hence at least 1 hr before or after meals), and it did make a slight improvement, but nothing earth shattering. Still, better than nothing, so i have alkaline water as time and money allows.

I have tried every proton pump inhibitor and antacid drug combination on the market. Since my back disability and being prescribed oxy for pain (before anyone judges, the doctor told me that for what i got through, people have 2 or 80mg pills a day, but I just have one 20 at night and never have increased over years, just so i can sleep otherwise the pain is too much), the heartburn has gotten worse. Apparently because opiates relax the muscles and the valve thingie lets up even more acid than usual. So it's a lose lose. Really hard to balance things.
I survive at present with zoton 30mg once a day and ranitidine (zantac et al) 150mg, sometimes 300, at night. The other way around doesn't work for me, the PPI has to be whilst I am upright and active and the zantac helps once horizontal.

I am not sure what to do anymore other than find out if someone will do the surgery on me. That said, i am pain tolerant and the size of my hole should not be giving this much pain (after my multiple ear microsurgeries for tumors, i learned what real pain was, believe me, but that's another story), so who knows if the surgery would actually truly fix it anyway. So i investigated. I found out that some people go through this exactly like me and others in this topic, and have NO hiatus hernia whatsoever. They just have constant heartburn and until one has it they can't really understand how unpleasant it is, *especially* in bed.

The last thing I am going to try before I go to see the specialist again is this natural (supposed) remedy:
https://www.acidgone.com

I'll let you all know how it goes when i get some.

I don't know how to help anyone here since i haven't really found a cure for myself, therefore can only empathise with my own story and let you know you are not alone.

I promise I will absolutely report back if acidgone helps, or anything else I may find in the meantime. I am always researching for anything to help

Hugs to all and hope you wake up tomorrow and it's miraculously vanished. Imagine, the pure bliss!

Old 27th June 2016
Gear Maniac

I stoped having heartburns when I significantly reduced dairy products intake. They dont cause them directly but imbalance the body and cause stomach acid overproduction and/or joints pain in some people. Be aware that dairy products can hide in industrially processed food.
Old 28th June 2016
Stop consuming these "things":

WHEAT
SAUSAGE
BACON
FROZEN DINNERS
BURGERS
POTATO CHIPS
“DIET” FOODS
MARGARINE
ARTIFICIAL SWEETENERS
POPCORN
BAGELS
DELI MEATS
TOASTER PASTRIES
PIZZA
CHEESE
BISCUITS AND GRAVY
ICE CREAM
PACKAGED CAKES AND COOKIES
ALCOHOL
Old 28th June 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattiasnyc View Post
As far as dehydration goes our species has successfully survived for hundreds of thousands of years without knowing our own exact weight and the corresponding amount of liquid we'd need to ingest: We drink when we're thirsty. The sensation of thirst is the body telling us to drink before we get dehydrated.

Hydration is surprisingly uncomplicated.
You'd think so, but overhydration has become an health issue, as the incessant calls for people to stay hydrated, especially during exercise, studies have shown many drinking too much water for their own good.

At least in America, there was a very big uptick for athletes, especially football players during summer practices to constantly stay hydrated because of a string of heat related deaths in HS and college football in the early 2000s, with the most famous case being the death of NFL offensive lineman Korey Stringer of the Vikings.

This mindset carried through to the casual gym attendee, with the ubiquitous articles and reports touting the miracle of water - as a beauty and a weight loss aid...who doesn't want to look beautiful and fit?

It was somewhat tempered in 2007, when a Sacramento radio station held a contest to see who could drink the most water without urinating, at a chance to win a a Nintendo Wii gaming console - "Hold your Wee for a Wii"...of course a woman, a contestant died.
Old 30th June 2016
Deleted User
Forget the drugs. If you need an immediate, cheap, natural and healthy remedy... eat a sliced up apple or two (important to keep the skin on) and a handful or two of natural, raw, unsalted, non-fried almonds.

I learned about this years ago while overseas in Asia after I ate something that gave me the absolutely worst heartburn I have ever experienced, to the point of being ready to visit the emergency room. Within minutes of eating the apples and almonds the heartburn was completely gone. I couldn't believe it worked.. seriously amazed. Since then, every time I've had heartburn, same deal.. it just works and fast. Try it and see for yourself.

For the long term solution, eat clean (ditch all of the obviously crap processed "foods" for lots of daily fresh colorful veggies and high proteins), drinks lots of water (like 4+ litres a day) and exercise 3-5 days per week for an hour+ (even just fast walks to break a sweat). If you're a lazy ass, get a treadmill and make it your routine to walk and watch tv, play games, chat or whatever.. you'll forget you're even exercising. You'll rarely if ever have heartburn ever again.. but when you do cheat and do get heartburn again, go back to the apples/almonds for relief. Its good to always have some handy for a healthy snack anyway.
Old 30th June 2016
Lives for gear

Yeah like Jack LaLanne used to say, if man makes it - don't eat it.
Old 1st July 2016
Gear Maniac

Change your diet as well as how much you eat and when. This cures 98% of all HB cases. It did for me. If you don't have the discipline to do do that then then just learn to live with it.
Old 1st July 2016
TNM
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by jj88 View Post
Forget the drugs. If you need an immediate, cheap, natural and healthy remedy... eat a sliced up apple or two (important to keep the skin on) and a handful or two of natural, raw, unsalted, non-fried almonds.

I learned about this years ago while overseas in Asia after I ate something that gave me the absolutely worst heartburn I have ever experienced, to the point of being ready to visit the emergency room. Within minutes of eating the apples and almonds the heartburn was completely gone. I couldn't believe it worked.. seriously amazed. Since then, every time I've had heartburn, same deal.. it just works and fast. Try it and see for yourself.

For the long term solution, eat clean (ditch all of the obviously crap processed "foods" for lots of daily fresh colorful veggies and high proteins), drinks lots of water (like 4+ litres a day) and exercise 3-5 days per week for an hour+ (even just fast walks to break a sweat). If you're a lazy ass, get a treadmill and make it your routine to walk and watch tv, play games, chat or whatever.. you'll forget you're even exercising. You'll rarely if ever have heartburn ever again.. but when you do cheat and do get heartburn again, go back to the apples/almonds for relief. Its good to always have some handy for a healthy snack anyway.
all that did was fire mine up within about 60 seconds.. just because it worked for you, to be so dismissive of meds is not fair on others, and you presume those of us who suffer are either lazy or have bad diets. We have brains too you know, and have been living with it for years and tried many solutions. You had reaction heartburn that's not debilitating in the long therm.. you ate something that bothered you and you found a quick fix. It doesn't work for me at ALL.. but i live with HB 24/7, 365 x 20
Checking out the natural "remedies" is something I do regularly and the apples and almonds is an old one that just makes my heartburn go crazy rather than help.
Old 1st July 2016
Lives for gear

I had the exact same as the OP for many years thinking it
was heart burn, it got worse as the years went on until earlier
this year i was taken to hospital.

It turned out to be gallstones - very common apparently..

It always came on with spicy food and fish, i had the gallbladder
removed a few months back as it was full and can now
pretty much eat anything..
Old 1st July 2016
Lives for gear
Zantac 300 mg a day for the last 15 or so years. My father had the same acid reflux issue as does my younger sister. The valve into the esphagus is faulty - my father had his fixed during gall bladder surgery (while you're in there). In our case it has nothing to do with diet, exercise, smoking etc etc etc.
Old 1st July 2016
Hey everyone! First, I want to thank all of you for sharing your experiences and insight from the most complex technical expertise topics to the most mundane as this one. I highly appreciate the input!

Now for the miraculous news! Something extremely incredible occurred! After I created this thread and shared my discomfort with the heartburn issue that's been plaguing me for many many years, suddenly it's gone!

When I went to bed after writing this thread I did not take the Tums antacid tablets as I had been doing habitually in the past. I did not take them because I felt no heartburn before turning in for the night. Before, it was present every evening before I went to sleep.

The heartburn didn't wake me up either on that evening and when I woke up I felt fine! It's been almost a week and it seems as I've been cured! Absolutely NONE, even after eating one of my favorite spicy noodles as pictured below.

It's so peculiar I don't believe it myself and it seems like a dream.

All this time I've been reading the replies, writing down the medicines you have taken and been reading about them online.

So if any of you sent me unknown well wishes or blessings and prayers, I wanted to say Thank You!, because it worked!
Old 1st July 2016
Old 2nd July 2016
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNM View Post
all that did was fire mine up within about 60 seconds.. just because it worked for you, to be so dismissive of meds is not fair on others, and you presume those of us who suffer are either lazy or have bad diets. We have brains too you know, and have been living with it for years and tried many solutions. You had reaction heartburn that's not debilitating in the long therm.. you ate something that bothered you and you found a quick fix. It doesn't work for me at ALL.. but i live with HB 24/7, 365 x 20
Checking out the natural "remedies" is something I do regularly and the apples and almonds is an old one that just makes my heartburn go crazy rather than help.
just wow. all that guy did was offer a simple, safe, inexpensive and healthy solution that works for him. ive known about and used the almond solution all my life. my family members also use it. and at least for us, it has always worked exactly as he described. go figure.

if it doesnt work for you, eating natures harvest causing heartburn "within about 60 seconds"... "HB 24/7, 365 x 20" ??? then yeah, um, either youre allergic to nature and exercise or perhaps you have way more serious health issues going on that require immediate drastic action, complete diet overhaul, drugs, surgery etc. otherwise, drugs, as is clearly evident by the out of control drug addiction problem in america today, should always be used as the extreme last resort.

it is no secret to most that healthy living, eating, exercise and so on can prevent or even cure almost any ailment. heartburn is a clear indication that something in your body or lifestyle is off kilter. arguing with that is ridiculously silly. imvho he offered up some really great exercise and diet tips here. dismissing and jumping all over somebody for merely offering good solid PROVEN tips is just plain horsesh!t man.
Old 2nd July 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Here's the noodles.

gee...(with tongue firmly in cheek) why in the world would you get heartburn eating something like that?
Old 19th July 2016
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desire Inspires View Post
Stop consuming these "things":

WHEAT
SAUSAGE
BACON
FROZEN DINNERS
BURGERS
POTATO CHIPS
“DIET” FOODS
MARGARINE
ARTIFICIAL SWEETENERS
POPCORN
BAGELS
DELI MEATS
TOASTER PASTRIES
PIZZA
CHEESE
BISCUITS AND GRAVY
ICE CREAM
PACKAGED CAKES AND COOKIES
ALCOHOL
My heartburn totally disappeared when I stopped eating wheat... which is in lots of the above.

Def worth giving a go, seems to be pretty common.
Old 19th July 2016
Lives for gear

prilosec
less wheat
less carbs
some sort of probiotic - I started drinking Kefir. in every grocery store in the yogurt section.
my brother takes digest gold pills and I started a couple of days ago. Haven't noticed if they help/harm in a ny way.
I think taking the prilosec when it says you should - 1/2 hour before eating is key to it's working effectively.

I have been battling stomach stuff for decades. I have three brothers and they all suffer from the same thing. we are all different in our health/weight/eating habits (they are all doing WAY better than me!) but we all have the same stomach acid issues.
prilosec for a decade at least...
just started with the probiotics a month ago and noticed a BIG difference.
you could always get one of those poop transplants look it up... eww..
📝 Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
🎙️ View mentioned gear