The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
List of plugins not working on Harrison Mixbus
Old 22nd January 2014
Gear Guru
I have SKNote Presence that is having problems and freezing and crashing the program. BTW Klanghelm, TB, UBK, Slate, SPL, P&M programs running fine. Most of what I've demoe'd OK also.....
Old 23rd January 2014
Gear Guru
Update, talked w/Quinto and going to try a fix for Presence. Don't want to spread false rumors....!
Old 18th February 2014
Gear Guru
SKnote Presence still crashing and freezing program. Anyone able to use SKnote plugs w/Mixbus?
Old 19th February 2014
Lives for gear

To get a meaningful answer, you need to include your OS version, Mixbus version, and plugin versions.

A plugin that doesn't work on your setup might work fine on someone else's system.

Best,
Ben
Old 20th February 2014
Gear Guru
OSX 10.8 and 10.5.8 Sorry! Also Mixbus 2.4

Last edited by ardis; 20th February 2014 at 03:49 PM.. Reason: update info
Old 24th February 2014
Gear Guru
Update Roundtone and Stripbus seem to work fine on Mixbus. Don't know why Presence was having a problem. Quinto has great customer service! Great products!
Old 3rd February 2015
Eventide Ultrachannel - not a problem as such - With Ultrachannel used in a project Mixbus will always prompt you to save on quit even if you have already saved your project. The effect is it doesn't give you confidence that your settings have been saved (even though they have evidently).

Grancomp3 - Mixbus crashes sometimes during use and sometimes on quit.

Acon Digital CMverb + Mulitply - Parameter changes are not retained on project reload - returns to default setting.

Frederick Alonso Infinity - acts very funky - Parameter changes only take effect when you save and a project and reload it.
Old 3rd September 2017
hey guys just downloaded mixbus32c licensed...i own slate digital bundle some plugin alliance and some waves plugins how can i make them appear on the plugins menu on mixbus?
Old 3rd September 2017
Deleted User
In Preferences --> VST, make sure the path is right and check the box to scan for new VST plugs (and/or AU on Mac) when program starts.
Old 22nd September 2017
Gear Nut

Also, under 'Edit\Preferences\VST' make sure you set the 'Scan Time Out' time to a higher value. I just set mine to 5 minutes to deal with the various WaveSshells.
Good luck!
Old 22nd September 2017
thanx blamejake got it shorted out ...limiter No6 is crashing the software in both au and vst...anyone else on this?
Old 14th October 2017
Limiter No6 previous version crashes immediately mixbuss 32c
Old 11th November 2017
BFD drums don't work, I saw the Softube Tube plug in on my PC, but it caused the program to crash.

I think I will stick with Cubase 8.5 even though I like the sound and workflow better in MixBus with its nice Eq, comp and tape emulation.
Old 13th November 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason rocks View Post
BFD drums don't work, I saw the Softube Tube plug in on my PC, but it caused the program to crash.

I think I will stick with Cubase 8.5 even though I like the sound and workflow better in MixBus with its nice Eq, comp and tape emulation.
No problem here with Softube at all. The newest mixbus generation is pretty rock solid, but it still does crash more often than Cubase 8.5. I happily use both DAWs, depending on the source material, track count and mixing philosophy I have in mind. For large track counts and complicated routing I use Cubase, for more simpler rock/pop band arrangements, I prefer Mixbus 32c a lot cause I need only a third of the time.
Old 26th December 2017
Here for the gear

Addictive Drums 2

I'm using Mixbus 4 on Windows 10 64bit.
AD2 VST works, but every time I reopen a saved project, the samples either don't play, or are corrupt. Opening AD2 shows the patch with a * (indicating an edited patch?). Changing the patch to a different one then back to the original resolved the issue.
Annoying, but not a major issue....

Anyone else using AD2 with Mixbus??
Old 26th December 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulF707 View Post
I'm using Mixbus 4 on Windows 10 64bit.
AD2 VST works, but every time I reopen a saved project, the samples either don't play, or are corrupt. Opening AD2 shows the patch with a * (indicating an edited patch?). Changing the patch to a different one then back to the original resolved the issue.
Annoying, but not a major issue....

Anyone else using AD2 with Mixbus??
Sounds annoying. You should contact Ben and Nik at Harrison support, they'll work it out in no time.
Old 28th December 2017
Lives for gear

Synthogy Ivory doesn't work. Load it up and Mixbus hangs and needs to be cancelled via Task Manager.
Latest versions of Ivory, iLok and Mixbus.

My other DAW programs have no problems with Ivory.
Old 24th February 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by loopy View Post
Synthogy Ivory doesn't work. Load it up and Mixbus hangs and needs to be cancelled via Task Manager.
Latest versions of Ivory, iLok and Mixbus.

My other DAW programs have no problems with Ivory.
Bump...

Anyone have Synthogy Ivory working with Harrison Mixbus?
Old 22nd July 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by loopy View Post
Bump...

Anyone have Synthogy Ivory working with Harrison Mixbus?
As of tonight, yes.

Run Explorer with elevated rights, give Users full control of the

c:ProgramFiles(x86)\Synthology

folder. Side effect of also what Waves v10 needed.

thanks to this thread for bringing it to my attention....I'd only been using the Keyscape C7 lately...that would've pissed me off to have to stop creative time to figure that out.

Latest updates of Win10 Professional, Ivory 2.5x, and MB32c 4.3x....all freshly downloaded maybe last weekend for this build. It's still on iLok2 hardware auth, FWIW.

To be clear--not working earlier tonight--see the UI....hang...100% reproduceable. So, I fixed it.
Old 22nd July 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by popmann View Post
As of tonight, yes.

Run Explorer with elevated rights, give Users full control of the

c:ProgramFiles(x86)\Synthology

folder. Side effect of also what Waves v10 needed.

thanks to this thread for bringing it to my attention....I'd only been using the Keyscape C7 lately...that would've pissed me off to have to stop creative time to figure that out.

Latest updates of Win10 Professional, Ivory 2.5x, and MB32c 4.3x....all freshly downloaded maybe last weekend for this build. It's still on iLok2 hardware auth, FWIW.

To be clear--not working earlier tonight--see the UI....hang...100% reproduceable. So, I fixed it.
Thank you popmann for taking the time to reply to my question. I will give it a try later today and report back.
Take care!
Old 22nd July 2018
Lives for gear

No prob. BFD2 works fine here right out of the box...or technically, the final version download from the user area of their website. I see that mentioned without version number....is there an issue with v3? I never upgraded.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search