The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Harrison 32C users, do you use less third party plug ins?
Old 30th May 2020
Harrison 32C users, do you use less third party plug ins?

In using the EQ and compressor on each Channel instead of third party plugins improves your workflow. It is faster, easier and more straightforward. The good news is the EQ and compressor on each channel sound very good and I find myself not needing to go to third party plug ins as much.

In Cubase I am going to inserts trying to find out which of hundred EQ and compressors I have to use on each Channel. Opening them up, adjusting them, and going back to your main mix screen is really a negative experience.

How many of you stick with just the EQ and compressors built into Harrison 32C? in addition I don't need to run to third party tape plug ins either
Old 30th May 2020
Lives for gear
I use both MixBus 6, and Mixbus32C 6 as my "summing mixer". I really enjoyed using a Rupert Neve Designs 5060 summing mixer at a local studio. I would do all the tone adjustment. EQ fixing, etc. in Logic using lots of plugins when necessary, then move audio around so I could use the 5060. Basically print my tracks and buses for "final" mixing.

I really like what Mixbus does to the sound just simply passing it through the channels and the mix buses. I usually saturate. The only 3rd-party plugin I use is one of my choices of mastering tools - Ozone 9, T-Racks 5, and sometimes the Lurssen Mastering Console.

I use Mixbus when working on live tapes, just seems to fit my mood. 32c for studio projects. Pretty much my "mastering" tool...I really like being able to use my X-Touch for working on the mix buses...wheee...
Old 12th June 2020
Lives for gear

The one thing I miss about conventional parametric EQs is the real-time spectrum analyzer, so I usually add this one to each channel since I already have it:

http://x42-plugins.com/x42/x42-eq

I've gotten better at doing EQ by ear in Mixbus, but it's still sometimes good to have that real-time display to verify what I think I'm hearing and where I'm hearing it.
Old 14th June 2020
Lives for gear

Yes. It took a while for me of blindly AB’ing to get confident with the built in dynamics, but now id venture that the bass and lead vocal are some of the only track level dynamics I don't do with them generally speaking.

I have two big areas where ii use third party most of the time: bus processing....and reverb.
Old 12th September 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn Bucci View Post
In using the EQ and compressor on each Channel instead of third party plugins improves your workflow. It is faster, easier and more straightforward. The good news is the EQ and compressor on each channel sound very good and I find myself not needing to go to third party plug ins as much.

In Cubase I am going to inserts trying to find out which of hundred EQ and compressors I have to use on each Channel. Opening them up, adjusting them, and going back to your main mix screen is really a negative experience.

How many of you stick with just the EQ and compressors built into Harrison 32C? in addition I don't need to run to third party tape plug ins either
I'm now doing the same thing.
I'm a Logic user and do some crazy stuff with scripter scripts I wrote and I use to use spend too much time inserting and hearing which plug-in sounds good.
Now I just export all the tracks to audio and bring them into MixBus 32c (just bought it on an upgrade price, was using MixBus v6) and I too have found that I'm using no EQ/Compression plug-ins anymore.

The only 3rd party plug-in I'm using would just be a reverb.

I even figured out how to use Space Designer in Logic Pro X with MixBus.

Old 14th September 2020
Lives for gear

Logic user here as well who mixes in Mixbus 32C. Great combination!

I usually have everything taken care of with my track editing in Logic and then just import the bounced tracks out of Logic into Mixbus 32C.

Like everyone has been saying, I just use the Mixbus EQ and compression and some saturation. And I own all the Mixbus plugs which I use too.

I use a mastering chain to preview how the track is going to sound after it is mastered, but I bounce the mix without it and then master in Logic or DP.

Pat
📝 Reply