The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Nudging a track or region in milliseconds.
Old 22nd October 2019
  #1
Lives for gear
 
stixstudios's Avatar
Nudging a track or region in milliseconds.

I've changed the "Nudge Clock" to seconds but it looks like the finest measure is in 10ths and not 1000ths (milliseconds) which is what I'd like.

ie. If I type in 0.020 (20 milliseconds) then it automatically reverts to 0.2 (10ths). There's also some other odd behaviour with that input field. (later).

Alternatively, can I move the start of the track or region to a particular starting point?
Old 22nd October 2019
  #2
Quote:
Originally Posted by stixstudios View Post
I've changed the "Nudge Clock" to seconds but it looks like the finest measure is in 10ths and not 1000ths (milliseconds) which is what I'd like.

ie. If I type in 0.020 (20 milliseconds) then it automatically reverts to 0.2 (10ths). There's also some other odd behaviour with that input field. (later).

Alternatively, can I move the start of the track or region to a particular starting point?
Not sure about that as I always nudge by ear, but definitely contact Harrison support with any questions or things you feel are not working right. Ben and Nik probably offer the fastest and most dedicated support I ever came across.
Old 22nd October 2019
  #3
Lives for gear
 
stixstudios's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSchlomo View Post
Not sure about that as I always nudge by ear, but definitely contact Harrison support with any questions or things you feel are not working right. Ben and Nik probably offer the fastest and most dedicated support I ever came across.
Yes, I agree that "nudging by ear" will always work, but when using computers we have the advantage that we can do some things by numbers. It makes it quicker to achieve results. Especially when you want to "nudge"/move multiple tracks by a "known" amount.

Over the next few days I'll see if others have work-arounds. If not, then I'll contact Harrison.

When you are new to something, then it's always possible that the apparent issue is YOU!!!. Who knows?... Then you may find, after research, that the issue is easily settled, or is beyond your control. Then you take it from there.

Give it a few days, and we'll see what happens
Old 22nd October 2019
  #4
Quote:
Originally Posted by stixstudios View Post
Yes, I agree that "nudging by ear" will always work, but when using computers we have the advantage that we can do some things by numbers. It makes it quicker to achieve results. Especially when you want to "nudge"/move multiple tracks by a "known" amount.

Over the next few days I'll see if others have work-arounds. If not, then I'll contact Harrison.

When you are new to something, then it's always possible that the apparent issue is YOU!!!. Who knows?... Then you may find, after research, that the issue is easily settled, or is beyond your control. Then you take it from there.

Give it a few days, and we'll see what happens
Definitely takes time getting used to a new environment. Took me weeks to quickly move around in MB. It has so many secrets and great functions up its sleeve. Don't forget there's not nearly as much tutorials out there compared to other major DAWs.
📝 Reply
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
🎙️ View mentioned gear
Forum Jump
Forum Jump