The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Viewing Tack Names
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Viewing Tack Names

Hey guys.

I've just imported some files (17 tracks) from an external source.

The filenames are quite long, and I can't see the full name in the channel strip. (fair enough - it makes sense)

BUT, What is the simplest way to see/view the original filename?

Thanks.

[EDIT] Double click/right click = No Joy!

Last edited by stixstudios; 4 weeks ago at 02:34 PM.. Reason: Further Info. and other issues.
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear

If I understand correctly, I would right click the name on the channel strip and hit rename? You'll be able to see the full name there before you edit it.

Hope that helped!

Cristian
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedpiecemcnugent View Post
If I understand correctly, I would right click the name on the channel strip and hit rename? You'll be able to see the full name there before you edit it.

Hope that helped!

Cristian
Thanks, that did help.

It would be nice to double-click on the name and view the properties of the original file. I guess I could always put in a feature request.

Actually, just going to the Editor Window will show the real filename. The problem I had was finding where the original file resided on my hard disk for external editing.

All good now.
Old 6 days ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by stixstudios View Post
Thanks, that did help.

It would be nice to double-click on the name and view the properties of the original file. I guess I could always put in a feature request.

Actually, just going to the Editor Window will show the real filename. The problem I had was finding where the original file resided on my hard disk for external editing.

All good now.
Are you recording in Mixbus, or importing files in to mix?

If you're importing, I find it easier to have all the files for one project in a file created for that project before I import it, that way I know where they are.

However, if you're recording into Mixbus, your audio files will be wherever your Mixbus projects are stored. I'm not at my personal PC to check right now, but by default, the Mixbus Projects folder is either within your "Documents" folder, or in the root folder of the C:/ drive - can't remember which, but it's definitely one of those.

This of course is assuming you're using Windows. If you're on Mac or Linux, I don't know!
Old 6 days ago
Gear Addict

Cheers Kev. All good.

The channel strips in Mixbus have a certain width, which I'm very happy with. It'd be worse if they were wider.

However, whether you import or record files, the name in the channel strip could/can be quite long. Therefore, you can't see it all. A "mouse over" scenario that shows the whole name would be nice. Best to just rename all the tracks with shorter abbreviated names and be done with it. That's what I do now.

All good.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search