The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Hardware insert @ Loop feedback using a single ADDA unit
Old 24th August 2019
Hardware insert @ Loop feedback using a single ADDA unit

I’ve already posted this in Harrison Mixbus’ forum, but I might find some useful help here too...

A few days ago I switched from Pro Tools (thanks to the lovely $79 "10 Year Anniversary Offer")... I'm a newbie with Mixbus 32C and it seems like I really can't find my way in doing very simple things such as setting up a hardware insert on a track without causing a loop feedback. Confused

I need to do a very quick pre-master reference CD for a friend of mine using my beloved analog hardware. So I started with a new project in Mixbus 32C and imported the tracks.

The soundcard I'm using is a RME UCX hooked to a RME ADI-2 Pro FS (high quality stereo ADDA unit) via SPDIF.

Now, here is the workflow I try to set up :

Stereo track "Port Insert Send/Output" to "hardware" SPDIF L & R -> UCX -> ADI-2 Pro FS (DA) -> Manley Massive Passive -> Manley Variable-Mu -> SSL Six with Portico 5042 (main insert) -> ADI-2 Pro FS (AD) -> UCX -> Stereo track "Port Insert Return/Input" to "hardware" SPDIF L & R

Then I would add a final limiter plug-in insert (Waves L2), before bouncing.

Mixbus' Master/Monitoring output is routing to output 5-6 of the UCX.

This was pretty much what I was doing with Pro Tools, but that workflow doesn't seem to work in Mixbus and it provokes a nasty loop feedback... what am I doing wrong ?

I feel a bit stupid not being able to do that kind of basic stuff and I really need to dig more into the Mixbus environnement to feel more confortable with it, but I'm a bit in a hurry for this project... could someone share a basic hardware insert template I could use ?

I need your help.

Thank you for your attention.

Cheers,

Aleks
Old 26th August 2019
My bad... the crazy loop feedback was due to bad settings between the RME UCX and the RME ADI-2 Pro FS.

The ADI-2 Pro has just replaced a dead UAD 2192 ADDA unit and I still have to learn how to use it properly.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search