The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
How's Mixbus' popularity now? March 2019
Old 17th March 2019
Gear Head

How's Mixbus' popularity now? March 2019

Not a poll or a troll, I'm just curious if MixBus is still being used as much as it was after it came out. When it was released there was the typical hype but soon afterwards people started really liking it and there were comments about how users were so happy with MixBus that they were using it for all of their mixing. Then v3 was released, then v4, and there seemed to be a lot of MixBux users - the Harrison forum was growing and being used more and more. But after v5 popularity seemed (to me) to start waning, and now the Harrison forums have slowed way down, and even here at GS the posts have dropped off. Do you feel that Mixbus is as popular as ever, or do you use it less than before, or have you moved on? Or is everyone waiting for v6?

Last edited by thewonders; 17th March 2019 at 11:12 PM..
Old 18th March 2019
Lives for gear

@ thewonders : Mixbus is growing at a very fast rate now. Any random day is bigger than our big sales days used to be, when it comes to adding new users. Mixbus is also used in schools throughout the world for teaching audio signal flow.

Now that Mixbus is stable and is better understood, there isn't as much intense discussion as there was during the launch. That's a mixed blessing, I guess.

We provide personalized email support from our factory, so people tend to write us directly instead of posting questions on forums etc. That's another mixed blessing for us, but it's great for users.

A lot of the public conversation now happens on our own forum or social-media channels. But we are publishing a Mixbus update this week, and usually this creates some activity on the Gearslutz forums.

Thanks for your continued interest!!!

-Ben
Old 20th March 2019
Here for the gear

RuCo is making a dedicated hardware controller for MIXBUS & 32C that's how popular it is.

I pretty much record direct and edit on MB now, used to record on PT and edit on PT because I knew it well. I only use PT now for legacy material I have.

I still find it hard to beliee how good MB is and once in a while to pinch myself, I try to mix a track on PT and then on MB. MB wins EVERY time for speed and result. I also use fewer external plugins...
Old 20th March 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leftygent View Post
RuCo is making a dedicated hardware controller for MIXBUS & 32C that's how popular it is.
It would be nice if there was some more up to date status/story on that.
Old 20th March 2019
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by brucerothwell View Post
It would be nice if there was some more up to date status/story on that.
RuCo Mixbus Control Surface Group public group | Facebook
Old 20th March 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
I had seen that before, but before it became a Closed group, and I don't do Facebook.

I've seen some pics, and it looks like a nice controller, but I never see any pics of it have any faders.

Anyone know what that will entail?

1 fader? 8 faders? 16 faders? 32 faders?

16 or 32 would be super nice. (even 24)
Old 20th March 2019
Lives for gear

Also, anyone know when more units will be available to order or pre-order?
Old 2nd April 2019
Gear Nut

Does anyone know which plugins do/ dont work with the paid versions?
I mostly have waves, slate, and IK
Old 2nd April 2019
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garage Rodeo View Post
I've used waves and IK, but really they all should work.
Old 2nd April 2019
Gear Nut

Quote:
I've used waves, IK, Expotential Audio, Stillwell, Toneboosters, Valhalla, Pianoteq, fxpansion, jamstix
Old 5th April 2019
Gear Head

Quote:
Slate Everything Bundle is working for me using VST format.
Old 5th April 2019
Gear Guru
Probably be easier to ask what doesn't work...... FWIW everything I own works fine and that's a bunch....!
Old 10th April 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenLoftis View Post
@ thewonders : Mixbus is growing at a very fast rate now. Any random day is bigger than our big sales days used to be, when it comes to adding new users. Mixbus is also used in schools throughout the world for teaching audio signal flow.

Now that Mixbus is stable and is better understood, there isn't as much intense discussion as there was during the launch. That's a mixed blessing, I guess.

We provide personalized email support from our factory, so people tend to write us directly instead of posting questions on forums etc. That's another mixed blessing for us, but it's great for users.

A lot of the public conversation now happens on our own forum or social-media channels. But we are publishing a Mixbus update this week, and usually this creates some activity on the Gearslutz forums.

Thanks for your continued interest!!!

-Ben
Great to hear that, Ben. As on many occasions I will use the opportunity to mention that your support is incredible indeed. Always fast, personal, patient and helpful!

By the way: Are there plans for a v6 yet?
Old 27th August 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by brucerothwell View Post
I had seen that before, but before it became a Closed group, and I don't do Facebook.

I've seen some pics, and it looks like a nice controller, but I never see any pics of it have any faders.

Anyone know what that will entail?

1 fader? 8 faders? 16 faders? 32 faders?

16 or 32 would be super nice. (even 24)
Just in case: there's a webstore now under rucoproaudio.com

But it's more or less a channel strip design with just one fader which actually is a pot. For now I'll stick to controlling it with Console1 and a Faderport.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search