The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Several problems + my opinion
Old 23rd August 2018
Gear Head

Several problems + my opinion

Love idea of this DAW. Testing trial version right now and thinking about buying it. Like it a lot but some things drives me crazy:
  • 1. Fonts are extremly tiny on my ACD 27'. I know there is a way to edit some of them in config file on my Mac but fonts on pop-up windows are so small I can't read them and they aren't editable AFAIK.
  • 2. I'm making hip hop beats so loop function is really important for me:
  • 2a. I hear cracks on the loop every time it ends. It's not because my loop is looped incorrectly because I have no problems like that in other DAWs.
  • 2b. Loop function often turns off without any reason.
  • 2c. There is no keyboard shortcut for it.

Tutorials on youtube are very helpful. Program has a lot of good features and I hope those small problems will be fixed.
Old 27th August 2018
Gear Addict

One quick point to consider

MixBus is an amazing tool for mixing. Though it can be used for recording and creating music, I think most of the power users you'll find use other programs to write and track music.

The strength with MixBus is its sound and its mixing worflow.
Old 30th August 2018
Gear Head

Found a way to fix this loop crack sound problem. That's strange for me that option for this isn't set proper way in menus by default.

Edit: Bought it while it’s on sale now
Old 17th September 2018
No problems with looping here.

I can highly recommend the mixing tutorial course which is available for under 20 dollars if I recall correctly. Although focused on mixing and band music, there's a tremendous wealth of tips, shortcuts and workflow streamliners in it you may not discover by just reading the manual.
Old 18th September 2018
Gear Guru
Quote:
Originally Posted by smackmastering View Post
One quick point to consider

MixBus is an amazing tool for mixing. Though it can be used for recording and creating music, I think most of the power users you'll find use other programs to write and track music.

The strength with MixBus is its sound and its mixing worflow.
Yeah but the GUI is horrible. The gray one was even better. Tiny buttons and unreadable track names. Sad since the layout of having a real mixer is fantastic....
Old 18th September 2018
It's definitely made for large screens. If you have one, it's amazing.
Old 18th September 2018
Gear Guru
I'm on regular Mixbus, can't even conceive of 32c on a laptop, which is too bad. Even their plug ins which are pretty ugly, read easily and are easy to use. I really hate the trend of making Guis look like hardware. A mouse doesn't have fingers to twiddle a knob. Do something like Valhalla as an option at least. Hell even Airwindows sliders. Hate to be a bug about this but it really is a huge time suck, and having to switch glasses or take them off to read tiny text or numeric values, is very frustrating.....
Old 18th September 2018
Gear Addict

I don't mind the GUI of MixBus. I use a MacBook Pro 13" without issue. The GUI is no worse then ProTools. I also kind of dig the console design of the GUI. To each their own.

I will say with 32c, you really need a large monitor to work, but i've done a few mixes with 32c on my 13" MacBook Pro.

In V5 adding the scroll bars really made a ton of difference.
Old 18th September 2018
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardis View Post
I'm on regular Mixbus, can't even conceive of 32c on a laptop, which is too bad. Even their plug ins which are pretty ugly, read easily and are easy to use. I really hate the trend of making Guis look like hardware. A mouse doesn't have fingers to twiddle a knob. Do something like Valhalla as an option at least. Hell even Airwindows sliders. Hate to be a bug about this but it really is a huge time suck, and having to switch glasses or take them off to read tiny text or numeric values, is very frustrating.....
Well it's called skeuomorphism and personally I like it. And there is a reason why they use it for software that mimic real hardware console. But you have an option to change to the flat buttons / knobs design if you wish, it's in the settings.

Btw - there is v5 of regular Mixbus and I have received it for free because I purchased Mixbus v4 not long ago, yay!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search