The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Noise when playback is stopped
Old 26th April 2018
Gear Head

Noise when playback is stopped

I notice when I have a few tracks with some eq and compression going and when playback is stopped I can hear a lot of noise like tape hiss. Is this normal for mixbus? Is it supposed to model the real consoles noise or something? It will slowly disappear as I mute tracks.
Old 29th April 2018
Lives for gear

@ Earwormer :

My guess is that you have "Transport -> Auto Input" engaged: so when you stop the transport, all the tracks switch to input-monitoring. If there are audio inputs connected to each track, then the noise could get pretty loud. You can learn more about the various monitoring modes in our manual: Monitoring - Mixbus v4 - 1

Mixbus applies a very quiet noise for dithering ... somewhere around -100dB ( it will increase with more tracks, just like an analog console ). The dither is a technical necessity for the internal processing; and the only way to hear it is to turn your speakers -way- up.

I hope this answers your question!

-Ben at Harrison
Old 29th April 2018
Gear Head

Ok thanks Ben, I’ll check to see how I have the input monitoring setup.
Old 28th July 2018
Here for the gear

The same problem I also faced with my earphone. It created a noise even when the playback was stopped. I visited Hotmail Customer Service to fix this problem. They suggest me to use a good and branded earphone to get rid of this problem.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search