The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Noise when playback is stopped
Old 26th April 2018
Gear Head

Noise when playback is stopped

I notice when I have a few tracks with some eq and compression going and when playback is stopped I can hear a lot of noise like tape hiss. Is this normal for mixbus? Is it supposed to model the real consoles noise or something? It will slowly disappear as I mute tracks.
Old 29th April 2018
Lives for gear

@ Earwormer :

My guess is that you have "Transport -> Auto Input" engaged: so when you stop the transport, all the tracks switch to input-monitoring. If there are audio inputs connected to each track, then the noise could get pretty loud. You can learn more about the various monitoring modes in our manual: Monitoring - Mixbus v4 - 1

Mixbus applies a very quiet noise for dithering ... somewhere around -100dB ( it will increase with more tracks, just like an analog console ). The dither is a technical necessity for the internal processing; and the only way to hear it is to turn your speakers -way- up.

I hope this answers your question!

-Ben at Harrison
Old 29th April 2018
Gear Head

Ok thanks Ben, I’ll check to see how I have the input monitoring setup.
Old 28th July 2018
Here for the gear

The same problem I also faced with my earphone. It created a noise even when the playback was stopped. I visited Hotmail Customer Service to fix this problem. They suggest me to use a good and branded earphone to get rid of this problem.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search