The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Harrison Mixbus Plug ins
Old 21st March 2018
Gear Guru
Harrison Mixbus Plug ins

I have certain Harrison plug ins. The eq's, the Multi Comp, Ed Esser, Delay and reverb. Just bought the DeDsser and haven't had the chance to use it. Only have the Hornet one that I like a lot. Anyone loving or hating it?

How do you find the plug ins in general? Any gems?

I like the reverb, very clean, as is the delay. I find the presets useful especially Tightly Brightly as in combo with VVV. The Ambience delay is also a winner.

The Multiband really seems to help on bass definition on the bass setting. A bit pissed since I'd bought at full price and they were just blowing it out at $10-

I'm a big preset guy since I write mostly and am looking to make reference mixes to send out. Anyone loving the proprietary plug ins and any thoughts of settings that work on blues/ballad material? GUI's are ugly as sin (hate the Mixbus GUI, much preferred the gray one), the plug in ones are functional and easy to use which is good!
Old 5th April 2018
Gear Nut

I think they are great ... Love the Character bundle and the Spectral and Multiband comp
Old 5th April 2018
Gear Guru
Yeah the Multiband just seems to make things sound a touch better thru it. I must confess, I'm no tech and use presets since when I start getting "creative" my monitoring isn't great and winds up cartoonish. I'd like to learn how to use it better. Yhe vocal and bass presets seem to work really well. It is a CPU hog. I imagine with a tool like this the crossover implementation is key?......
Old 8th April 2018
Lives for gear

I was so impressed with their line of thinking when developing these plugs that they would have a long way to fall before I would be dissapointed in them. I confess I haven’t had the chance to use one yet. Still working on a song to mix.
Old 9th April 2018
Lives for gear

i like xt plugins very much. They just do the job without headache on tweaking. The momentary bypass is brilliant.
The mastering eq is my favorite one over many other eq plugins I own. The deesser which I purchased recently, it’s just doing what is supposed to do, very easy and without transforming the “ess” to “eth”. The multiband compressor also finds a lot of use here by tightening the lows or by taking out the boxiness in the mix with a very transparent way. Recently also, I did purchase the Lookahead Compressor and the Expander/Gate(free ), though yet I didn’t find the time to use them. Not a fan of their reverb and delay.
Old 20th July 2018
Gear Head

I’ve been frustrated lately gating my toms. I tried their Tom Tom gate. It works great and so easy to use.
Old 21st August 2018
Lives for gear

Thumbs up

The harrison plugins are nice! And, I'm glad the prices have come down.. The verb, delay comps EQ are my go tos.. Very Ensoniq Paris' (ish) warm..Big, Analogs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardis View Post
I have certain Harrison plug ins. The eq's, the Multi Comp, Ed Esser, Delay and reverb. Just bought the DeDsser and haven't had the chance to use it. Only have the Hornet one that I like a lot. Anyone loving or hating it?

How do you find the plug ins in general? Any gems?

I like the reverb, very clean, as is the delay. I find the presets useful especially Tightly Brightly as in combo with VVV. The Ambience delay is also a winner.

The Multiband really seems to help on bass definition on the bass setting. A bit pissed since I'd bought at full price and they were just blowing it out at $10-

I'm a big preset guy since I write mostly and am looking to make reference mixes to send out. Anyone loving the proprietary plug ins and any thoughts of settings that work on blues/ballad material? GUI's are ugly as sin (hate the Mixbus GUI, much preferred the gray one), the plug in ones are functional and easy to use which is good!
Old 29th October 2018
Gear Guru
The Mastering eq is very easy to use and sounds great!
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search