The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
constant price changes
Old 21st November 2017
Lives for gear

constant price changes

I bought mixbus 3 and soon after paid for an upgrade to mixbus 4, today mixbus 4 is on sale @ $29 which i believe is cheaper than the price i paid to upgrade from 3 to 4. there seems to be a sale every couple of months.

when mixbus 5 is released will new owners get it cheaper during a sale then current owners?

I think there needs to be a better loyalty system in place
Old 21st November 2017
Lives for gear

@ colm ,

Unfortunately I can't share too many details about our pricing policies. But you've probably noticed that prices can vary depending on factors like:
1) How long the version has been available ( is it still "new" ? )
2) Seasonal offers ( like Black Friday )

...and I don't think that is unreasonable.

Mixbus is becoming a lot more popular, and so we can reduce the price in exchange for higher volumes of users. I can see how this might be frustrating to someone who has been with us a long time, but please be aware that we are still very dedicated to our existing customers.

Our dedication to existing customers is not just "upgrade price" but also when we provide personalized support for the product they bought.

Best,
-Ben at Harrison
Old 28th November 2017
Speaking of which: Is Mixbus 5 in the making?

Personally I don't feel Harrison are not loyal to existing customers. You get fair deals for upgrading, free updates and top notch personal support. The fact there are special deals sometimes that go even cheaper is nothing other companies don't do also.
Old 23rd December 2017
Lives for gear

Name one thing besides Mixbus that is in your studio that costs only $29...A mic cable maybe? Harrison is being extremely fair here. If you need to upgrade at a super cheap pricing do what Ben suggests and wait a year or so and upgrade. Otherwise, hell I wouldn’t complain.

Nothing personal, it’s just buying about anything for my studio is $300 dollaring me to death! I can scoop up Mixbus 32C and every plug in pack plus $108 for a yearly discount club all for around $600! Thank you Harrison!

pat

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search