The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
LTI - Lemur Touch Interface for Harrison Mixbus32C
Old 14th November 2017
Here for the gear

LTI - Lemur Touch Interface for Harrison Mixbus32C

Hi guys, just figured I would drop in and share something I've been working on for quite some time.

As you may or may not know, Mixbus features a very rich OSC protocol, that has, for a long time, lacked a great controller to pair with it. When we sat down and tried to create one we really wanted to emphasize customizability, and we couldn't think of a better platform than Lemur's powerful, customizable OSC controller application for Android and for iOS.

So I created the Lemur Touch Interface for Mixbus32C; and it is available today!

You can download the LTI FOR FREE HERE.

The LTI features:
- Mixer Interface: 8 fader scrollable banking interface with quick access to transport, channelstrip knobs, and monitoring.
- Session Overview Interface: displays 24 track "cards" with rec-arm, mute, solo and other features.
- Track Expansion Interface: with channelstrip EQ and Compressor knobs.
- Transport Interface: with change-able jog modes, accelerated scrolling, and transport controls.
- MULTITOUCH SUPPORT
- Controller Customization options, and infinite flexibility.
- And much, much, more!

Check out the interface in this hands-on video or see individual panels below!

• https://i.imgur.com/nqdQu4l.png

Quote:
    The Mixer Interface provides 8 channels in a bank that can be scrolled up or down, each with: fader, mute, solo, panning, rec-arm, monitor selection, and a waveform "history" display that shows a simple waveform for the track.
    The Mixer page also provides global controls for the monitor level ( plus mono, dim, and mute ), a jog wheel, master rec/arm, master play/stop, and previous/next marker.

https://i.imgur.com/MZlf3Sy.png

Quote:
    The Session Overview Interface shows 24 channels simultaneously, each with Mute, Solo, Rec-arm, meter, and fader up/down buttons (in 1dB increments). This page is infinitely expandable by scrolling in increments of four, or scrolling up/down by pages of 24.
    https://i.imgur.com/REeTw12.png

Quote:
    The Track Interface provides access to the channel's compressor with a simple tap from the Mixer interface, EQ, and Mixbus send knobs. Additionally you can change compression modes and disengage both the EQ and Compressor.
    https://i.imgur.com/VODptjx.png

Quote:
    The Transport Interface provides a standard jog wheel & a changeable accelerating scroll wheel, another set of monitor controls, and a selection of useful transport & editing functions which allow a musician or solo recorder to operate Mixbus remotely.
    You can find out more by going to the official product page located here.

Thanks for everyone's support, and I hope you download this and give it a shot! Be sure to drop a line in this thread if you have feature suggestions or issues downloading and installing.
-Nik
Old 20th November 2017
Looks very cool and the fact it's free is a sure plus. Will check it out.

But I sincerely hope a real hardware controller is not off your list because nothing beats touching and turning real knobs.
Old 21st November 2017
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSchlomo View Post
Looks very cool and the fact it's free is a sure plus. Will check it out.

But I sincerely hope a real hardware controller is not off your list because nothing beats touching and turning real knobs.
According to the Mixbus web page, several physical controllers work with Mixbus. Here's the text from the FAQ

What controller formats does Mixbus support?

• Generic MIDI devices can use MIDI Learn to assign MIDI controls directly to on-screen knobs or use MIDI profiles to select many pre-configured device layouts from a pull-down menu, with more to come.
  • Mackie control protocol is provided for motorized fader controllers, and the Mackie protocols have been extended to ergonomically control the Mixbus channelstrip EQ, compressor, and 8 mixbus sends. Dedicated support is provided for popular devices like the Presonus Faderport, Mackie MCU, and Behringer X-Touch controllers.
  • OSC (Open Source Control) protocol supports ethernet-based wireless tablet controllers such as TouchOSC and Lemur for iOS and Android to remote-control Mixbus.
Old 21st November 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradh View Post
According to the Mixbus web page, several physical controllers work with Mixbus. Here's the text from the FAQ

What controller formats does Mixbus support?

• Generic MIDI devices can use MIDI Learn to assign MIDI controls directly to on-screen knobs or use MIDI profiles to select many pre-configured device layouts from a pull-down menu, with more to come.
  • Mackie control protocol is provided for motorized fader controllers, and the Mackie protocols have been extended to ergonomically control the Mixbus channelstrip EQ, compressor, and 8 mixbus sends. Dedicated support is provided for popular devices like the Presonus Faderport, Mackie MCU, and Behringer X-Touch controllers.
  • OSC (Open Source Control) protocol supports ethernet-based wireless tablet controllers such as TouchOSC and Lemur for iOS and Android to remote-control Mixbus.
Yeah, I know, the Faderport 8 or X-Touch seem to work great, but I loved the idea of a dedicated hardware controller by Harrison.
Old 6th December 2017
Lives for gear
Looks great! I will check this out over the weekend. Any reason why you didn’t include the ability to control the tape saturation?
Old 8th December 2017
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Oracle View Post
Looks great! I will check this out over the weekend. Any reason why you didn’t include the ability to control the tape saturation?
I think we just haven't added the ability to control it over OSC yet. We're always adding stuff to the OSC protocol, and it'll never be perfect. Also there was a conscious effort to put the most "bang for buck" controls into the interface.

Really aimed at people who need to be up and about and moving.
Old 9th December 2017
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha Trion View Post
I think we just haven't added the ability to control it over OSC yet. We're always adding stuff to the OSC protocol, and it'll never be perfect. Also there was a conscious effort to put the most "band for buck" controls into the interface.

Really aimed at people who need to be up and about and moving.
Fair enough. I’ll give it a go none the less. Would love to see Mixbus 32c become native multitouch friendly in the not too distant future.
Old 11th December 2017
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Oracle View Post
Fair enough. I’ll give it a go none the less. Would love to see Mixbus 32c become native multitouch friendly in the not too distant future.
As would I! Always babysteps.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search