The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Ardour for Windows and Mixbus DAW Software
Old 12th August 2016
Gear Addict

Ardour for Windows and Mixbus

I've been a supporter of Mixbus since the early days, and have offered my support by purchasing licenses for each new version.

Alas, I don't use it very often because of the (for me) terrible usability on Windows. But I cut my teeth on an old Harrison and really want to see the product succeed.

The Ardour site describes the PC version as having a tabbed interface, which would do EXACTLY what I need it to do:

"The editor window, the mixer window and preferences are now available as "tabs" in a single window, with transport controls shared across them all. Working with Ardour on laptops and other small-screen and/or single monitor systems is now much easier. If you use multiple monitors, and/or prefer to have the editor, mixer or preferences in their own windows, you can tear them off and Ardour will remember those settings for the future."

I'm wondering if Ben Loftis (or someone from Harrison) could chime in and let me know if we can expect to see this in the Windows version of Mixbus at some point?
Old 12th August 2016
Lives for gear

Yes! All of the Ardour5 features ( VCA faders, Lua scripting and Tempo Ramps ) will be part of Mixbus in the future.

Some of the features ( plugin connection management ) are already available in Mixbus and were adopted into Ardour for the Ardour5 release.

There is a very tight collaboration between the 2 development groups. Whenever they have a great new feature, we incorporate it into Mixbus. And vice versa.

Best,
-Ben
Old 12th August 2016
Gear Addict

That is fantastic news. A tabbed interface would mean I would use Mixbus so much more.
Old 19th August 2016
Gear Maniac
Any idea when the new Ardour 5 stuff is available in Mixbus?
Old 2nd September 2016
Lives for gear

when try to use my UAD plugs it just crashes.
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search