The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Dyno-Mite
Old 15th January 2016
Lives for gear

Dyno-Mite

It's free with Harrison Mixbus3, and maybe you don't hear much at -2, or -4. But try putting Dyno-Mite on the Master. And use -8 (or +10) then press the Dry button. Interesting and sometimes useful.

Who else is using Dyno-Mite?

best, john
Old 16th January 2016
Gear Maniac
Interesting use. I have never used that thing on master but only for percussive materials to trim sustain and sometimes on piano. I will try it out. the music you are making must be drum influenced if you are using it on master my guess. like dance and hiphop.
Old 16th January 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallworld View Post
Interesting use. I have never used that thing on master but only for percussive materials to trim sustain and sometimes on piano. I will try it out. the music you are making must be drum influenced if you are using it on master my guess. like dance and hiphop.
Well actually it's a 48k transcription of the Beatles, "Help!" LP (box set). Running the Dyno-Mite at -6 to -8 made things just a little more smooth. Sort of like an expensive cartridge running in the 'locked' room at the local hi-fi store (when there were hi-fi stores).

Drums eh? I wonder how Americana, rock and roll, and punk drums would sound using Dyno-Mite. Gotta try that. Thanks!

best, john
Old 22nd May 2017
Gear Guru
Dyno Mite works well on drums.... Its a bit like Devil Loc.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search