The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Captain's Blog... From the Forum founder Jules
Old 20th June 2016
Gearslutz.com admin

Captain's Blog... From the Forum founder Jules

Welcome to this Blog.

As the founder of Gearslutz I thought I would start this blog to update on behind the scenes info ongoing activities + new functionality & hopes and wishes for the Gearslutz.com forum going forwards. It's been an exciting 14 years and is a great personal pleasure of mine to host this forum.

Here's to many more years!
Old 20th June 2016
Gearslutz.com admin

After a bumpy start, our recommended / favorite gear nominations are underway and members are contributing a lot - Many thanks! Keep it up.

The idea from these came from meeting GS members at trade shows and them telling me that sometimes they don't want to real long threads - and just want to get quickly to crowd sourced "wisdom" on what to buy.

We will be doing a lot of polls on affordable gear and what to to start with when first putting a studio together. So its the communities chance to help fellow recording fans out.

Please join in here..

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/articles/394/

All the best,
Old 23rd June 2016
Gearslutz.com admin

Old 24th June 2016
Gearslutz.com admin

Old 28th July 2016
Gearslutz.com admin

As new elements of the revamped forum get rolled out for all to see we are gathering criticism and suggestions.

"Just put it back as it was" demands are ignored

but we are listening.

Development goes in phases

Stage 1: Live roll out

Make notes / get feedback / frustration /

Stage 2 Implement fixes / incorporate users suggestions or create new solutions

There is enough work for 10 full time developers but we have 2 working semi part time.

Things take time, often progress seems slow.

Slowly inching forwards

The goal is to have one simple layout - so users will gradually see the legacy "styles" available (see attached) disappear. Visitors using rare browsers, on oddball non standard operating systems may find they have to access the site via a standard computer or a mobile device. We can't continue to support niche systems.

Onwards and upwards!
Attached Images

Old 5th August 2016
Gearslutz.com admin

Old 18th August 2016
Gearslutz.com admin

Attached Thumbnails
Captain's Blog... From the Forum founder Jules-preview-peek.jpg  
Old 24th August 2016
Gearslutz.com admin

Excited about the next Q&A guest... watch this space...

Gearing up for the AES show in LA at the end of September..
Old 16th September 2016
Gearslutz.com admin

New design launched!

Quite a few people disliked it but we feel we must press forward and modernise. We did get SOME positive comments! (check out the reviews and classifieds sections)

One of the main grumbles was the lack of at a glance notifications that someone just quoted you. So we rallied to quickly develop a new green alert number count badge functionality that shows you have been quoted and provides a display of who, where and a link to rejoin the conversation.

We also have the asked for text snippet removal and avatar removal on our user options to-do list.

I hope to meet some of you at the AES show in LA please see below for AES info and details of a Gearslutz Brunch on Saturday October 1st. Come on down!

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/aes-...ention-center/

Old 24th September 2016
Gearslutz.com admin

Lots of cool new product launch info coming in for next week's AES show in LA

We publish it the MOMENT we are allowed to so stay tuned to this sub forum https://www.gearslutz.com/board/aes-...ention-center/

LA is the Gearslut capital of the world (its where the most traffic here comes from)

LA! LETS GET GEAR CRAY-ZAY!!!!!!!!

See you there in a few days!...
Old 1st November 2016
Gearslutz.com admin

To all those visiting this post via the newsletter - welcome to The Captains Blog!

I founded the site 14 years ago and this is an area where I bring news on the progress of Gearslutz or other news I am keen to share. (its a thread in the Good News area, but there is a link to here on the front page too)

NEW! Boost your Reverb.com second hand listings within our pro audio gear classifieds area!

This is totally free and available to members (for privately listed second hand pro audio items only)

Simple go to our classifieds here

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/gear...r-classifieds/

(or click on the link "Classifieds" at the top of any page)

And click on the orange "List Reverb.com item

If you didnt already know you have been able to "BOOST" your eBay items here in our classifieds for the last few years - but today we are proud to offer Reverb.com listing boosting

Get more eyeballs on your listings
Old 2nd February 2017
Gearslutz.com admin

Old 11th April 2017
Gearslutz.com admin

Loading mentioned products ...
Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search