The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Description

The PRE-73 Mk2 is the first one-channel low-cost preamp on the market that is using a fully discrete signal path with three separate transformers for the balanced mic input, the line input and the output.

Discussions

GAP Pre-73 to Mac?

The output of the GAP Pre-73 MKII should be line level. Steinberg Ci1 accepts line level inputs too, so you are fine. The best would be to set the Ci1 gain at "unity". Unity gain means the level of the audio isn't affected by the pres of the interface, as it's the point where...

View Post

List your low-end mic pres!

...least it makes the rack look cool! heppy Here's my current list of sub-$500 pres; what've you got? howdy Aphex 107 Golden Age Pre73 Mk2 (stock - so far) Presonus MP-20 (no transformer upgrade yet) SPL Gold Mike Chameleon Labs 581 FMR RNP Sytek MPX-4Aii (w/ BBs on 2 channels) Joe Meek VC1Q Focusrite ISA One ART Pro MPA II RS (on the way, thanks...

View Post

GAP PRE-73 100 hz hum!!

Hey Guys! I bought a second hand GAP Pre-73 mkII which was working great up until a week ago when I started getting a hum at 100 hz. I've tried different XLRs and ports on my interface as well as moving the preamp away from all my other gear - so I'm almost certain it...

View Post