The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Description

The choice of recording and post-production professionals the world over, the Genelec 8040B is as famed for its versatility as its renowned performance. Compact enough to fit the most modest of rooms, but equipped with the high SPL of a true market leader, the appeal of the 8040B is rooted in its uncompromising design. Hear your mix as it really is with the colour-free, accurate reproduction of the rigid all-aluminium Minimum Diffraction Enclosure (MDE™). Push your work to its limits with flow-optimised broad bandwidth performance, and the on- and off-axis precision of the Directivity Control Waveguide (DCW™). Finally, when your work is done, Genelec Intelligent Signal Sensing (ISS™) circuitry detects when your system is no longer in use, placing it into an environmentally friendly, power-saving standby mode. Boasting a superior performance for exacting professionals, the 8040B is a modern, monitoring classic.

Discussions

The love hate relationship with Genelec

...are the speakers that I was used to! What are you missing from the CMS65's? If it's low end, then the 8040's aren't going to be very different. You might want to consider a larger woofer, an 8" driver, or if you like the sound of the Focal tweeter, then something larger like the Twin...

View Post

Amphion... Beautiful

...the very first reaction was "wow, they sound nice and smooth. My favourite tracks sound awesome on these!" Unlike on Genelec 8040s I had and behringer genelec clones tracks I love didn't sound the way I know them. I always felt like I had to learn how things should sound on genelecs and like...

View Post

Violin

Another option is the Sennheiser MKH8050 (hypercardiod) or 8040 (cardiod). They have a flat frequency response so no problem with harshness regardless of how they’re oriented to the violin.

View Post

Reviews

Nobody has reviewed this product yet. Have an opinion?