The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

The GUTZ

OK, something to spice up GeekZone = here is where we post images of the INSIDE of audio equipment. Disclaimer; any photo...

Tim Farrant
replies: 1,162 views: 555,304
DGL 27th February 2021

I have been collecting schematics for 30 years and 5 years ago I started make them available at my site www.SecretMind.dk but...

MicroSonic
replies: 86 views: 119,941
waveterm 25th December 2020

DSP Innovations has recently launched a FREE data sheet search site. The site, Datasheetpro.com - Search Electronic Components ,...

gabriel1
replies: 19 views: 56,236
msbettyhunt 27th March 2020

Anyone who offers technical services should get themselves listed into the new member directory here... Gearslutz Directory:...

Tim Farrant
replies: 9 views: 45,277
msbettyhunt 24th March 2020

Hello dear Space friends. I am trying to get my head around Impedance and how to "control it". I am currently...

Ted Krotkiewski
replies: 7 views: 120
Ted Krotkiewski 1 hour ago

Hi, So I've just picked up a Adcom GFA 545 II to use with my NS-10's, it sounds amazing, except it's picking up a lot of...

Aaron Rash
replies: 0 views: 49
Aaron Rash 4 hours ago

I have seen some of you guys are members of GroupDIY as well.... I have tried to register on this site with ZERO success. Is...

soundrick
replies: 74 views: 8,909
Capashitor 9 hours ago

It's a Tascam 122mkII. After fixing about five other problems, the deck is dropping into stop after about ten seconds of play, or...

Jidis
replies: 0 views: 68
Jidis 18 hours ago

Hi gearspace Soo, i'm opening up this thread again in the GeekZone. I'm thinking of buying a couple of smart plugs to power...

grimnebluna
replies: 1 views: 82
Riley Casey 20 hours ago

Hi guys I've posted this at another sub forum, I hope this is the right place for the thread. My Roland JV1080 keeps turning...

claudioferrari
replies: 2 views: 238
claudioferrari 1 day ago

Yeah me too! I started doing studio work in the 90’s when tape machines were still being used quite a bit (along with ADAT) and...

madriaan
replies: 8 views: 458
Sweatervest 1 day ago

I find that the diaphragm that I ordered from Madisound to replace a blown tweeter in my Hafler TRM6 does not seem to be the...

tourtelot
replies: 2 views: 94
tourtelot 1 day ago

I love my KSP8, and the remote is one of the best parts of using it. BUT recently the rubber bottom on the KSP8 remote has...

timtoonz
replies: 2 views: 579
Blatboy 2 days ago

I intend to built a power supply to run Eurorack synth modules, one for bench with a single output (to test new modules that I...

lightnb
replies: 3 views: 170
lightnb 2 days ago

I have an EMT 240 goldfoil and Neve 1762 remote module, but no remote cable or pinouts for either one. I Googled but didn't...

Dr Funk
replies: 31 views: 6,711
HansMues 2 days ago

Hello, We are in the process of adding a TT mic patchbay to our studio. We are gonna be using a solder type switchcraft...

Phase Shift
replies: 35 views: 5,854
bmdaugherty 2 days ago

I've been fishing the web recently for info about capacitors for overhauling a forty year old tape machine and came across this...

Riley Casey
replies: 59 views: 1,988
tINY 3 days ago

Hello, Would anyone be able to recommend more readily available, or cheaper alternatives to - Carnhill VTB9045 Carnhill...

1fisch4
replies: 2 views: 159
1fisch4 3 days ago

Looks like some E-mu spare parts suppliers have dried up of old E-mu parts. I have been able to locate some proper NOS rotary...

rockreid
replies: 1 views: 93
Thomas W. Bethe 3 days ago

Hi all,, I have a tascam us20x20 audio interface and recently have short circuited my laptop with the audio interface...

davquak
replies: 1 views: 95
Thomas W. Bethe 3 days ago

Hi everyone. My Apollo Firewire burned after an electrostatic shock last week and, considering that I'm from Italy and the...

MatteoCT
replies: 0 views: 77
MatteoCT 3 days ago

ADC design stuff we talk about a lot : chipsets, dc coupling, discrete design, power supplies etc. Things we don't talk about...

Nickerz
replies: 0 views: 82
Nickerz 3 days ago

Hello everybody. I have an A800 MKIII permanently stuck in Mute problem. The mute light is permanently on and the mute switch has...

General Malaise
replies: 4 views: 904
Zeppelin 3 days ago

I'm about to buy a Celestion Fullback to put in a cab I have and run a big old Red Knob Twin head through it. The amp has an...

Sean B
replies: 0 views: 97
Sean B 4 days ago

Hi all Maybe you can help me: I can't switch on my Lexicon MPX1 anymore. It's just as if it doesn't receive any power. I...

AuraCore
replies: 19 views: 6,925
AdrianM55 4 days ago

Hi People, Just wanting to check with knowledgeble folk out there with regard to speaker crossover caps, I'm going to replace...

PartHunter
replies: 18 views: 1,640
pablometal 4 days ago

Hi, I'm trying to fix an old genlock (not quite music gear, but audio/visual for sure) and the faders are broken. They look...

Overmann
replies: 4 views: 174
cyrano 4 days ago

Forgive my mistake, Do you know more about fiber optic cables in microphones? Is the construction of such a cable the same as...

MusicJOY
replies: 4 views: 209
cyrano 4 days ago

Hello, I'm here to see if anyone knows of a good source for electrical information on well, specifically a Mackie CFX12 analog...

PJD3
replies: 0 views: 74
PJD3 5 days ago

Hey Geekz, I was gifted two Realistic Ultra Directional Electret Condenser Microphones. They appear to be battery powered...

sirjuxtable
replies: 11 views: 227
analogguru 5 days ago

I have located a small number of NOS a/d converters for the Lexicon PCM 80 PCM 90 series of digital reverbs that I am using for...

TMI
replies: 135 views: 31,292
morebutter 5 days ago

So ... I put a Bluetooth speaker inside one of those vacuum bags for clothes. When I took the air out of the bag, the sound...

marcelorff
replies: 3 views: 167
CFB4 5 days ago

Hi, I'm looking for an available SN7483J replacement for the MCI Autolocator 2 Thanks !

2Low
replies: 10 views: 213
analogguru 5 days ago

Digital EQ. Do all eq plugins use the same computational process? or do they vary?. I appreciate there is a difference...

palebluedot
replies: 0 views: 110
palebluedot 6 days ago

Hey all! Was hoping some of you might be able to offer some advice or your experience with repairing gear, or specifically with...

alexsandor
replies: 0 views: 91
alexsandor 6 days ago

I picked up a CPS 450 to replace a dying CPS 150 for my Delta 200 board. I am looking at the specs for the two psu's and can use...

dhmaya
replies: 16 views: 1,456
Jim Williams 6 days ago

Was reading the preview of that old Tape Op article about adding a transformer into the chain to induce more color/mojo. Using...

MYN
replies: 49 views: 6,541
RogerFoote 1 week ago

Hi, Does anyone own or have opinions on the SPIRIT ABSOLUTE ZERO nearfield monitors ? A friend is offering them to me at a...

jlsgear
replies: 6 views: 20,515
SympaSizer 1 week ago

I love my Portico 5033, but it's got a terrible interface for mastering, which got me thinking, how do-able would a mod be to add...

toddd_r
replies: 7 views: 363
Jim Williams 1 week ago

Hope someone has can help me on this.. *Sometimes when I switch on the synth it will reset a few times before I have touched...

szf
replies: 6 views: 2,905
Shenes 1 week ago

Anyone knows how to do this mod? I have read many places online that it will make the MA-8 sound better:) Cheers

musicmixer04
replies: 0 views: 106
musicmixer04 1 week ago

Hey guys, this may be a silly question but... I was plugging my electric guitar into the focusrite scarlett 18i20 and as I...

Kaizerwulf
replies: 0 views: 111
Kaizerwulf 1 week ago

I have a Lexicon MPX-1 that is dying on boot up. When first powered on, all the LEDS light up and then it begins the boot...

danjp
replies: 9 views: 804
AdrianM55 1 week ago

Good morning all ! I come here hoping to find some help with my MCI JH24 tape recorder. I bought this tape recorder 2 years...

Piermo
replies: 17 views: 390
Piermo 1 week ago

There has been alot of talk about importance of conversion in recording chain, and lots of people want to know which AD/DA chip...

Chagalj
replies: 546 views: 368,290
paulthesparky 1 week ago

I needed a whole bunch of these on my last Mouser order and have a lot left over. Is there any reason not to use the rest of...

Jidis
replies: 6 views: 206
Orson Maxwell 1 week ago

Hey all - some kids were playing with a Roland boutique. Now a number of black keys are dead. No physical damage to be seen and...

Catabolic
replies: 0 views: 85
Catabolic 1 week ago

Hello, I have a problem with my LA610 (first version). I'm the original owner. When turned on, the vu-meter goes 100% to the...

pardahl
replies: 12 views: 3,147
claudiomas 1 week ago

Hi does anyone know what converters the MOTU Pre8 USB uses? Trying to find the dynamic range of the ins and outs and the...

phuketian
replies: 0 views: 84
phuketian 1 week ago

I have an 36 channel inline Neotek Elan 2 console. It has 24 busses but the first 8 are balanced and must have been rebuild at...

mattssons
replies: 2 views: 145
mattssons 1 week ago

I just bought 2 Soundcraft Delta mixers, a 24 channel and an 8 Channel. The 24 channel did not come with a power supply, and the...

ian1101
replies: 32 views: 14,091
teddymusic 1 week ago

Hi I am a new member here from across the pond in the UK. howdy I am hoping to get some advise based on the forum members...

majnu007
replies: 6 views: 1,534
KimWave 1 week ago

Hi folks, I just installed two Redco TT D-Sub patchbays. I downloaded their patchbay template, but it doesn't line...

jim2b
replies: 13 views: 8,422
DrScruggs 1 week ago

I need help configuring a line level "equalizer" Evidently, the RCA out of the DAC is 4 db and the XLR is 14 db. I'm...

J Ex
replies: 0 views: 103
J Ex 1 week ago

Moderators