The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
SPL Transducer problems
Old 3rd December 2009
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
SPL Transducer problems

Hi all
2 weeks ago I was recording in a small studio in Prague, Czech Republic and guys over there were doing both recording and monitoring via SPL Transducer. Playing throught thing sounded so damn good that I've decided to replace my old Palmer 03 with this baby which I did.
Came home and holy crap does it sounds BAD BAD BAD!
Now, either I'm doing something wrong or I myselfe am obsolete but what I get from the monitors it the worst possible sound of the worst possible digital overdrive unit. I use guytrone 100FV and 5150 II fo ror my homestudio work and those amps sound great but throught this thing....
I guess i'm wrong SOMEWHERE but can't understand where so if anyone could give a helping hand.....
How do I plug in:
guitar goes to the amp, ams "speaker out" goes to transducer's "power in". From there I run 1/4 jack cable from transducer's LINE OUTPUT 2 into the small monitoring board and XLR cable from transducer's LINE OUTPUT 1 into the recording board.
something wrong here?
What I get on the monitors is a bad bad bad sound with a lot of grain, like sand andabsolutelly no dynamics in it, its totally flat.
Even messing down with equalization on the monitoring board gave no results.
help!
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…