The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

i recently removed an old JL Cooper patch expansion mod that was installed on my Jupiter 8 the mod was a small board attached to...

starfield
replies: 1 views: 1,679
Peter Nielsen 18th October 2018

Hi All, I grabbed a Kosmos off of ebay. Of course it doesn't pass audio. The level pot appears to have been hit pretty...

xmission
replies: 6 views: 670
xmission 18th October 2018

I am building a mid-side encoder/decoder using a pair of Lundahl 1517 transformers. I have attached two images: One is the...

coso
replies: 1 views: 944
DrewE 17th October 2018

Recently, my Monster Power Center 3500 burnt out. Just stopped working. I opened it up and found that a resistor located at R132...

RKATEKBEATS
replies: 31 views: 7,699
jb4674 16th October 2018

hi, i'm looking for the schematics for the trident vfm mixer as mine has a few scratchy controls and a noisy main out.. so i may...

Georgemodular
replies: 0 views: 510
Georgemodular 16th October 2018

Looking for a competent tech to do repair and modification of vintage gear in Atlanta area. Thanks

rnetko
replies: 0 views: 405
rnetko 16th October 2018

Broke a diode fenagling in some 2200uF caps. This is my first experience with diode replacement. Mr Google has lots of info on...

Brian M. Boykin
replies: 29 views: 1,237
Brian M. Boykin 16th October 2018

hey, im just servicing some 70s modules. i did measure all the tantalums and some show a much too high esr. the worst have esr...

salomonander
replies: 33 views: 2,043
mathologie 15th October 2018

I just picked up a Sennheiser Blackfire 530 with some grill damage and the foam inside looks pretty gnarly. Anyone know how to...

bru
replies: 0 views: 537
bru 14th October 2018

Here my predicament guys. I am setting up my home studio and I am getting this nasty buzz when recording direct into my...

metaljoseph
replies: 10 views: 816
NadMk 14th October 2018

Hi - I just got some new DOAs to drop into my pair Lindell 6x500's. I was able to get two ACTUAL API 2520s! If you know...

tommcc
replies: 0 views: 572
tommcc 13th October 2018

Hi, I'm looking for schematics and any info for this mixer (pictures). This is vintage Semrau I bought yesterday. Thank You...

rudee
replies: 12 views: 1,875
rudee 13th October 2018

Im not sure if this is the right place to post this but didnt find a better place. Im looking to buy a frequency counter for...

uni
replies: 4 views: 673
mbrebes 13th October 2018

i have a Z5600 from 2004 or so .the original one with a 7 pin xlr cable . well i lent it to my friend so he could track some...

deuceleader
replies: 0 views: 469
deuceleader 13th October 2018

I have a (non tube) LDC mic where it appears the capsule has gone south on me. It is a mic in the $500 range and the proper...

jdier
replies: 0 views: 473
jdier 12th October 2018

Months ago I was set on the fact that I wanted an all analog studio/sound. I've recently discovered that digital might've been...

Roddick1993
replies: 8 views: 1,817
Jay Rose 12th October 2018

My partner and I do quite some work for apps and games for mobile phones. Each time we wish to cross check a mix, we have to...

audiothings
replies: 1 views: 676
Jay Rose 12th October 2018

Hi all, I've got a P6 with the Kiwisix upgrade that's unable to tune correctly. The synth was initially playing different...

belzrebuth
replies: 49 views: 3,182
tupinamba 12th October 2018

This will be my first scope. Both come recommended via this forum. I’m following both Tiny and Geoff’s advise that if your...

Brian M. Boykin
replies: 6 views: 650
Brian M. Boykin 12th October 2018

Hello Tech Guys! We are refurbishing a Fairlight Dream 2 System and are running into a specific problem with a Windows XP...

ardis
replies: 0 views: 410
ardis 11th October 2018

Hi fellows my 81 ADJUST encoder went crazy. Turning it clockwise or counter-C-W takes the displayed parameter to its max....

italo de angelis
replies: 27 views: 2,289
Jim Williams 11th October 2018

I have a hexaphonic piezo bridge on my electric guitar. I have a multi-pin jack for separate outputs for each string, but would...

forestcreature
replies: 3 views: 586
forestcreature 10th October 2018

So yesterday I played two shows in a row at two different small venues, both using a recently serviced Space Echo. At the first...

TMOQuantity
replies: 10 views: 755
DrewE 10th October 2018

Hello, Here’s how it went down. 1st stage: The PSU caps were replaced with 2200uF, all 47uF electro’s were bumped to...

Brian M. Boykin
replies: 2 views: 774
Brian M. Boykin 10th October 2018

Hi all, I've got a Poly-61 which plays fine but all three 7-segment displays are completely dead. The programmer board works...

belzrebuth
replies: 0 views: 393
belzrebuth 10th October 2018

I've attached a photo of a 7-pin female Molex Housing that was damaged (cause unknown at the moment). The housing houses wires...

RichTone
replies: 5 views: 747
gyraf 10th October 2018

I bought an AVID Artist Mix a few months back and it's been working great. Today during a session without touching it I hear a...

ArKay99
replies: 18 views: 6,277
BenWood 10th October 2018

Hi all, I recently got an old mixing board "TrackTech England"... Which seemes very cool but i have a lot of...

Souldust
replies: 5 views: 2,140
analogguru 9th October 2018

Hello good people of Gearslutz, I've had an Avid artist mix for a couple of months that I purchased second hand. It's been...

hogroast
replies: 3 views: 967
BenWood 9th October 2018

I'd like to build a simple 3 or, preferably 4 balanced line level input > one output box in order to select different outboard...

MYN
replies: 16 views: 724
MYN 9th October 2018

Hello, I need to replace the 2.8 mH inductor in a crossover circuit for a Turbosound THL-2. It's a relatively high end speaker...

spookster86
replies: 10 views: 5,043
tINY 8th October 2018

Hello guys, I'm actually thinking to upgrade op-amps inside a Focusrite Saffire-56. I found this useful thread here where a...

BobbyKonders
replies: 6 views: 1,528
Jim Williams 8th October 2018

I built the Poctop D87 from VintageMicrophonePCBKit and I think it sounds pretty great. My one criticism is that I'd like it to...

MYN
replies: 65 views: 2,875
Jim Williams 8th October 2018

hi guys, I've installed the KiwiSix upgrade and now my beloved Polysix is causing some problems; after turning the synth...

dannykorrson
replies: 0 views: 438
dannykorrson 8th October 2018

I'm trying to resurrect my dead ADAM S3A monitors and the tech couldn't find a replacement to this piece. Hypex Electronics...

Sergievsky
replies: 5 views: 1,008
NadMk 7th October 2018

so im an owner of an m-audio as well as evolution. the problem with that is, when you press down on the keys, it gets harder as...

richay13
replies: 7 views: 656
DrewE 6th October 2018

i received a pair of mackie mr8 mk1's and they both started making some buzzing problems and will not pass sound anymore....

vincitytaymo
replies: 0 views: 482
vincitytaymo 6th October 2018

Hi, I got a an old quadro compressor from the former Polydor Studios in Vienna, wich is obviously self build by an engineer,...

Mono-Peter
replies: 7 views: 5,345
Ritchie 5th October 2018

Hi! So I love the pad-grid on the push, super responsive and light to the touch, but it's not as portable as I want it to be....

3260element
replies: 3 views: 1,387
BobbyKonders 4th October 2018

Hello! I have Roland M240R as submixer for my old drummachines http://www.gbaudio.co.uk/data/m240r.htm the M240R has 4...

esaias
replies: 5 views: 5,663
Apollodisco5 4th October 2018

Looking into recapping an Ibanez AD202 analog delay. Quick count shows around 80 caps, so a few evenings... Anyway, the...

Goldenvoice
replies: 7 views: 2,227
paulthesparky 4th October 2018

I just got an SH-101 a few weeks ago and the tune and volume pots are loose. I just wondering what are ohms for those pots and...

Rockman Rock
replies: 0 views: 482
Rockman Rock 4th October 2018

Just recently bought a used C-800G. After months of working great, it suddenly started buzzing/humming a couple minutes after...

idlabs
replies: 17 views: 2,573
eljf 3rd October 2018

While testing an Alesis 3630 compressor I though it was a good idea to test the side chain insert point. The problem is that I...

trondl
replies: 3 views: 477
trondl 3rd October 2018

Could not find the roland wood cheeks roland made a few years back so I made my own exactly like the original. If I can get...

RWalleyTX
replies: 0 views: 1,650
RWalleyTX 3rd October 2018

Does anyone have one! The release on the left channel of mine is busted!! I am really keen to find one and am having NO...

toolskid
replies: 10 views: 4,742
kirkus 2nd October 2018

I swapped out the Harris Quads for LME49740’s and the 5532 for an LME49720. Strapped a .1 ceramic across the power pins because...

Brian M. Boykin
replies: 10 views: 991
Jim Williams 2nd October 2018

Help me Obi-Wan Kenobi, you’re my only hope. Based in Europe, I’ve a Soundcraft DC2000 32-channel mixer. Its computer used...

filmcomposer
replies: 3 views: 1,185
filmcomposer 2nd October 2018

One of the peak level (VU) meters in my Focusrite ISA 428 has stopped moving. The needle won’t jump when a signal is fed...

filmcomposer
replies: 4 views: 1,733
filmcomposer 2nd October 2018

Hey y'all, I've got a question about proper phantom voltage. I think my mixer may be sending too much voltage. I've got an...

David Eugene
replies: 31 views: 1,623
MattS13 1st October 2018

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search