The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Supported By Beesneez Pro Audio
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

hi everyone. i've just been given beautiful old revox A77 1/4 inch stereo tape deck. this thing looks pretty serious, and weighs...

fatty
replies: 3 views: 3,882
fatty 25th November 2003

I'm using 4 pair of monitors in my main control room, and my Otari 54c's speaker switch module crapped out. I'd like to build a...

bjornson
replies: 1 views: 1,463
hollywood_steve 25th November 2003
replies: - views: -
Rick Sutton 25th November 2003
panhead 24th November 2003

I saw this posted and wanted some tech input on what this means...heres a link to Alesis where they state the build these...

Bobalou
replies: 9 views: 1,923
CV7 24th November 2003

Not sure if this is the right place for this post but... I have a great idea which I don't think has been done yet, but is...

Mr Funk
replies: 4 views: 1,741
Noah 21st November 2003

Lynx-TWO/Lynx-22 and G5... good or not good? Does anyone have experience of using the Lynx-TWO or Lynx-22 audio interfaces with...

bellehard
replies: 0 views: 2,621
bellehard 20th November 2003

Hey all; I"m caught in the middle of racking up some Neve 3126's - I've got 4 of them i'm going to rack in pairs,...

Tungsten
replies: 1 views: 1,402
Geoff_T 19th November 2003

I have an old Spectrasonics 8-channel mixer built 1968 which I use as preamps. Two channels have gain controls with fixed...

hrn
replies: 11 views: 2,177
Tim Farrant 17th November 2003

Ok. Don't laugh I'm Poor.. I have a mackie 1402, that has auxillary on it. I'm trying to hook an alesis parralell effect unit...

lanemeyer16
replies: 1 views: 1,000
Steve Smith 9th November 2003

I am having a problem with a rack of ten sound workshop series 30 modules that I use as a front end to Pro Tools. I built and...

jaded
replies: 1 views: 2,640
Peter Gruden 9th November 2003

I used it yesterday to fix the flanging that occurred with a round trip through an Apogee PSX and an RME AES/EBU to Lightpipe...

panhead
replies: 2 views: 2,395
panhead 9th November 2003

I've got one of these - it can output AES/EBU on a phono connecter - whasdatallabout? - i thought AES was a balanced signal!? -...

Eee-jut
replies: 14 views: 2,740
Ianneve 8th November 2003

I have a few questions: How does a transformer distort the low end more than the high end? I almost seems like you would have...

jbuntz
replies: 7 views: 4,711
Bernd G 7th November 2003

Hi, With so many designers lurking around this forum I was wondering how you approach a new design. After you've chosen what...

jason
replies: 0 views: 2,047
jason 6th November 2003

Hi, I need some 24 balancing transformers (preferably with ground lift switches) to go from my unbalanced DAW outputs to the...

DeadPoet
replies: 5 views: 2,764
DeadPoet 6th November 2003

Im trying to get these two Seem Limiters up and running http://www.electronicscene.com/m1/37/36/media/8437.jpg...

ultima
replies: 5 views: 1,253
Geoff_T 4th November 2003
T. Biddy 4th November 2003

i'm in the process of doing four DIY 1272 and i'm wondering how the heck do i get transformer manufacturers to send me just a few...

Teacher
replies: 16 views: 2,729
Geoff_T 3rd November 2003

Hi Anyone who reads the various messages and tips I post on my site will know that I love tube/valve equipment (I learnt all...

Geoff_T
replies: 0 views: 2,876
Geoff_T 3rd November 2003

Well i'll make a long story short. I own a 2 rackspace waldorf micro Q synth that I recently plugged the wrong adapter into and...

epsy
replies: 1 views: 1,361
Jay Kahrs 2nd November 2003

i'm in the process of doing a diy 1272....from what i've heard/read the biggest difference between the 1272 and the 1073 is that...

Teacher
replies: 3 views: 1,984
Geoff_T 2nd November 2003

Greetings, I am currently using a friend's Manley 16/2 8+8 mixer and wondered if anyone has ever objected to the high...

Bernd G
replies: 5 views: 1,316
Bernd G 1st November 2003

I have a few plug-in ideas that would be fairly simple to make. I have a friend of mine who has made some crude VST plugins but...

jbuntz
replies: 0 views: 1,224
jbuntz 31st October 2003

Can anyone point me to some url's for computer ISO box plans ? It would be greatly appreciated. Thanks ! kfhkh

shikawkee
replies: 5 views: 5,855
andre tchmil 29th October 2003

ouch!!!!! really screwing up my world. I lose control of the transport and when i reboot the machine it's hit or miss if i'll get...

bjornson
replies: 10 views: 2,449
bjornson 29th October 2003

Hi all, I am considering the new AEA r84 ribbon mic ... So would my mic pre (its an A Designs MP2) gain of 46db enough for...

jlsgear
replies: 1 views: 1,379
tom_c 28th October 2003

i own 2*v72a , i like their sound a lot ... only bad thing about it ... the in/output is way too high to hook em up straight to...

5down1up
replies: 14 views: 1,897
e-cue 28th October 2003

Hi all, I am considering the new AEA r84 ribbon mic ... So would my mic pre (its an A Designs MP2) gain of 46db enough for...

jlsgear
replies: 18 views: 5,746
sdelsolray 26th October 2003

I have a beautiful old Soundcraft Series 3 that's only half working. I've only found one tech who can work on it in LA but hes...

nativeangeleno
replies: 0 views: 2,536
nativeangeleno 26th October 2003

A while back a came accross and spoke with a guy I believe operates out of Nashville. He rebuilds, repairs, restores, and...

grahluk
replies: 0 views: 1,154
grahluk 23rd October 2003

I would like to start learning about mic construction, I'm thinking it would be great to start by building a diy ribbon or LDC....

DanV
replies: 2 views: 2,321
madrigal 23rd October 2003

I would like to build a DIY Variable Impendance circuit. Is there a schematic anywere or does some body know houw to build one?

Nutmeg II.
replies: 26 views: 2,442
shikawkee 23rd October 2003

anyone have enough know how regarding ad/da converters to shed some light on whether or not I can upgrade the Word Clock on a...

peterr
replies: 2 views: 1,277
peterr 22nd October 2003

Forgive me for being simple...but what is a "valve" and how do they relate (or not) to tubes? I appreciate anyone...

HeveyMetil
replies: 1 views: 1,463
atticus 22nd October 2003

Hi I've still got around 20 Gearslutz badges left. I'll be hovering on booth 266 if you want to pop by and claim one...

Geoff_T
replies: 5 views: 1,600
Geoff_T 21st October 2003

I need some Help. I have a mackie 1402 vlz pro, which I use to record and I get real pretty good tones out of it. I just read a...

lanemeyer16
replies: 1 views: 1,326
Bernd G 21st October 2003

hello all.... i started a thred a couple of weeks ago about someone building me a power supply for my benchmark...

Marshall Simmons
replies: 0 views: 1,247
Marshall Simmons 21st October 2003

I'm looking for manufacturers distributors of balanced power and uninterruptible power supplies in europe so I don't have to pay...

7rojo7
replies: 13 views: 1,778
7rojo7 21st October 2003

Long Shot here... We have a euphonx cs3000 that I have been having a partcular problem with for a while. A number of our...

agentthumb
replies: 8 views: 1,496
Bernd G 20th October 2003

hi everyone. i'm looking into building 6 channels of mic pre. i was lucky enough to score 6 mic input transformers out of an...

fatty
replies: 3 views: 4,061
gyraf 20th October 2003

I have a 4 channel benchmark pre that i purchased without a power supply. Can someone build me a power supply to power it? I...

Marshall Simmons
replies: 0 views: 1,133
Marshall Simmons 19th October 2003

Goddamn thing grrr One of my Mytek 8X96's is now intermittently clicking and popping on one channel. The problem didn't...

Jax
replies: 0 views: 1,431
Jax 16th October 2003

While changing grills on my B&Ks (I have 4 B&K 4006s) the other day, I noticed that the capsules were pretty...

fifthcircle
replies: 5 views: 13,575
Tousana 16th October 2003

I was looking at the AES breakouts for Yamaha products and I had a question... I notice that for the 8 channels, there are a...

fifthcircle
replies: 3 views: 3,568
Tim Farrant 15th October 2003

Hi Jakob my other question is: I've got a Revox G 36 that seems to need adjustment - one of the outputs is quieter than the...

Rumi
replies: 1 views: 2,708
gyraf 14th October 2003

I just aquired two of these seem(norway) compressor modules and im wondering if anyone has heard these ? Mostly though im...

ultima
replies: 1 views: 1,579
Nutmeg II. 6th October 2003

I read in another thread about recapping guitar electronics with Jensen copper foil in oil capacitors, specifically. Will this...

flexoffset
replies: 7 views: 1,794
Jay Kahrs 6th October 2003

I have a pile of Neumann and other German modules I collected through the years with the initial idea to build a line mixer to...

andre tchmil
replies: 1 views: 1,863
Gone Fission 4th October 2003

I wonder! The capsule in the BETA looks like it is the same like it could be the same as in the BETA 57/58. Could it be that the...

Nutmeg II.
replies: 1 views: 1,777
Bernd G 3rd October 2003

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search