The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Options
Views: 561
30th June 2020
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

the sound doesn't come from the woofer. 10 days ago this happend for the first time (those strange sounds, 3 times or so),...

capoeira
replies: 9 views: 277
capoeira 3 weeks ago

I saw Jacquire King talk about this in a puremix vid and later on in a livestream with F. Reid Shippen and Vance Powell. They...

Its Mork
replies: 6 views: 352
Bushman 3 weeks ago

Hey Gearslutz!! rockout First post and it's a doozie. I am an intern at a studio, and I was tasked with searching/sourcing...

buenasuertesound
replies: 3 views: 253
Thomas W. Bethe 3 weeks ago

Hey folks, I just picked up a used GSSL compressor from Reverb. When I use it on its own on my mix bus it sounds great and...

LandtBand
replies: 3 views: 274
LandtBand 3 weeks ago

My Yamaha HS50m Volume Knob is Broken Any idea how to fix it ? Thanks

[email protected]
replies: 2 views: 214
[email protected] 3 weeks ago

hello I have a sony mxp 29 mixer and I would like to add a direct out on each channel! Could you help me to pick the signal...

sonotor
replies: 24 views: 6,515
bagomusic 3 weeks ago

Hi, everyone! Long time lurker, firs time poster here. I'm trying to build a fully analog studio with an Orati Mx-70(16tk) as the...

konstantingroove
replies: 44 views: 2,178
konstantingroove 3 weeks ago

Is there a easy build for a very simple line-level (or mic level) passive high-pass filter? It's hard to find any designs catered...

PaRaNoId
replies: 56 views: 30,081
ulysses 3 weeks ago

Hi, today the front capsule(?), or, the gridded 3-4mm steel cap on the front of the mic, just fell off - and all the high end...

Sailor Hope
replies: 30 views: 6,272
lukpac 3 weeks ago

Hi, I have a late 80's Soundcraft Series 6000 which is no longer in use @ the studio however I always liked the flavour of the...

hally
replies: 3 views: 493
Tomás Mulcahy 3 weeks ago

Hi Guys! I have a little problem with my OTARI MX7800 multi-track tape machine that I finally decided to solve. When I press...

Yoski
replies: 12 views: 501
Yoski 3 weeks ago

Hi all, I've had my X7000 for 30 years. It's been in storage, nice and dry, and when I stored it, it had an issue where no...

TheMightyImp2
replies: 1 views: 323
Synth Guru 3 weeks ago

Hi everyone, I acquired an MS2K the other day which was listed as faulty. The problem is that all of the audio outputs crackle...

Maverick616
replies: 7 views: 1,412
Farmboy presents 3 weeks ago

I have some 3M 90 spray, a gallon of regular elmers glue, spray adhesives galore... do I really need to shell out $40 for...

jml designs
replies: 10 views: 539
mbrebes 3 weeks ago

is there a fan inside the Avid HD I/O (8 Analog I/O + 8 Digital) ? if yes - how does it compare to say.... a 96 io? thanks

mixerguy
replies: 20 views: 6,638
TommyFullzy 3 weeks ago

Hey there Gearslutz, Anybody had experience of smoke comming out of a VXT8? Mine did just now, smells like a rotten...

jimmylemper
replies: 4 views: 802
Radardoug 3 weeks ago

Hi, So I want to make a sound tracking device. Think of triangulation but with sound. I will obviously need multiple caps that...

complex
replies: 8 views: 313
complex 3 weeks ago

Today I've checked the frequency response of my Amek Blue Angela at few different outputs using Waves Q Clone and this is what...

smilan
replies: 5 views: 455
smilan 3 weeks ago

I just finished rehabbing a few Scully 280 preamps and I have a question about racking them up. I learned through doing this...

wirehair
replies: 3 views: 302
David Kulka 3 weeks ago

A tech is currently refurbishing my Yamaha 03D console, whose ergonomics, MIDI implementation and built-in effects I love (I'm...

Widowsky
replies: 25 views: 546

Hi all, I just repaired a Cyclone TT-303 mk1 that had power issue. It got blown up for some reason a few months ago and...

why_be
replies: 0 views: 189
why_be 3 weeks ago

I've got a Neve BA283 copy that I'm using as make up gain for a passive EQ. When I was putting the EQ in a new chassis,...

craigmorris74
replies: 5 views: 232

Hi, I have a Crown SASS in otherwise perfect condition. Powering the mic with phantom power, I get white noise in one of the...

leddy
replies: 3 views: 229
tINY 3 weeks ago

MKS-50 has a humming mains transformer which I'd like to replace (P/N for 240V: 245-466D) but unobtainium as NOS. MKS-50...

some_turnips
replies: 8 views: 837
some_turnips 3 weeks ago

I'm not sure if this is a high end question but it seems a lot of people don't even pay attention to this issue. I've been...

WarWeasel
replies: 13 views: 1,138
JohnRoberts 3 weeks ago

One of the Focals went belly up. We have made progress but it sure would be helpful to have the schematic. Does anyone happen to...

Jacksonian
replies: 1 views: 221
Montreal 3 weeks ago

Any Slutz out there who have wired up a GAC-7 cable for an Apex 460? I‘m having trouble figuring out which pins the two thicker...

MYN
replies: 2 views: 267
MYN 3 weeks ago

Beating a dead horse comp here. I bought two of these because i like to torture myself. Don't look at me like that! My...

sameal
replies: 5 views: 390
tchgtr 4 weeks ago

I bought a well used Tascam M-1516, but after the sale, i realized it didn't include a power supply. according to Tascam, the...

travis.farmer
replies: 4 views: 289
travis.farmer 4 weeks ago

I have a project that needs some engineering. I am trying to house an electret microphone in an aluminum housing that is somewhat...

FilmDevices
replies: 3 views: 261
nosebleedaudio 4 weeks ago

I replaced my R0DE NTV Tube with an equivalent GrooveTubes 12AT7 tube. While replacing the tube, I spied 2 adjustable pots on...

Ideasite
replies: 17 views: 2,193
Thomas W. Bethe 4 weeks ago

Hello Guys, Anyone happen to have Echo Audiofire 12's schematics? Here in China Echo's product support is non-existent. Given...

trymonlam
replies: 7 views: 2,717
bolshed 4 weeks ago

Hi Folks, Recently I bought a bunch of NOS Tubes for my Uad 4-710 and of course I left one of the stock ones inside to do a...

Holladihitti
replies: 5 views: 643
msbettyhunt 4 weeks ago

Dear fellow gearslutz, I'm new to the subject of transistors clipping when the transient of the audio signal is too loud, and...

samsegarra
replies: 3 views: 314
samsegarra 4 weeks ago

I destroyed the Capsule Connector Assembly on my 1980's-era C452EB when I tried to take it apart the other day. I've taken these...

Piyono
replies: 8 views: 714
Piyono 4 weeks ago

Hi everyone. The LCD on my OB12 died and I ordered a replacement, that at least on datasheet is compatible. Allll the graphics...

Alphavoyager
replies: 0 views: 174
Alphavoyager 4 weeks ago

I'm at it again while I wait on parts for my mixer I'm modding a pr8 I've already pulled out all couipling caps and redundant...

doulos24
replies: 16 views: 7,733
drhardlove 4 weeks ago

Hi guys, hope I'm in the right section. I've recently purchased Studer 904 console in working order, but a bit rough around...

cuba1956
replies: 0 views: 208
cuba1956 4 weeks ago

Haven’t seen this problem in the countless SPX90 repair forums so I figured I’d make a new thread in hopes of solving my...

mikewolfe
replies: 0 views: 229
mikewolfe 4 weeks ago

Hey slutz, I have a pair of Sputniks, and one of them is dead. Doesn't light up, and I've tried replacing the fuse. I sent it...

RaygunRS
replies: 5 views: 977
RaygunRS 4 weeks ago

Hello, I just bought a soundcraft delta 8 with its CPS / 450B power supply. Everything works perfectly except the...

systo
replies: 2 views: 354
streber 4 weeks ago

Quick question: I just blew the fuse in my Alta Moda Unicomp and the manual suggests using a 250v/250mA slow blow fuse. I can't...

azirkin
replies: 15 views: 21,725
nosebleedaudio 4 weeks ago

Hi I just got some old M-Audio BX8a speakers and every time I plug them in I'm getting a very loud feedback sound even with the...

Neko2020
replies: 0 views: 162
Neko2020 4 weeks ago

Hello all, I’ve got an RME fireface800 and have just purchased a Dangerous D-Box+ which I’ll be connecting via the spdif...

harrywrigley
replies: 0 views: 201
harrywrigley 4 weeks ago

Hi all, so there is a lot of stuff around here on DIY audio gear, and many conversations occured like 6-7 years ago. So I think...

lynxpoint
replies: 4 views: 4,931
KabbySoundStudio 4 weeks ago

Dang. I killed my CRO. My trusty Tektronix 2465A. It finally caught fire. :( What's economical and good these days? I...

S21
replies: 2 views: 280
S21 4 weeks ago

In advance, I have already read searched and read threads about this topic. Problem: While using a used set of KRK VXT8's with...

styphon
replies: 51 views: 25,973
kludgeaudio 4 weeks ago

Hi! I am building a small midi controller for a one-room-studio, and I want a slide linear fader that will control click-level...

jimj3114
replies: 3 views: 264
DrewE 4 weeks ago

Hi! I'm planning to do a complete recap of my Sony MX-P61 mixing console. Unfortunately it uses many very tiny capacitors and...

tr0x
replies: 3 views: 1,064
Cantante popular 4 weeks ago

Hey I’m tweaking out a urei562. I’m looking at the output section and want to add a pot to control the output drive. Any...

enginefire
replies: 1 views: 193
Cabirio 4 weeks ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search