The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Hi to all, I have a problem with my CS50, when I turn on blow the input fuse of 400, I have disassembled the power supply, I...

dancelwerk
replies: 3 views: 185
Thomas W. Bethe 1 week ago

I am trying to replace the cable/minijack assembly on my Beyerdynamic DT990's and have obviously resoldered the thing...

thermal
replies: 5 views: 1,497
thermal 1 week ago

Does anyone know about the quality and likeness of these recreations as compared to the originals? I was thinking about buying...

A.dash
replies: 114 views: 41,617
piano 1 week ago

Hey guys, so I'm looking for opinions regarding a few specific cheaper CK12 type capsules that are available. Obviously there is...

Prince Vision
replies: 7 views: 642
Prince Vision 1 week ago

Hello everyone, this is my first time posting here, but I've been frequenting the forums for a few years now. I am also fairly...

Meier
replies: 6 views: 249
Meier 1 week ago

Hi there! My 808 problem is that after switching it on it doesn't work the first 2-3 minutes. - "Basic Variation" and...

Patrick Dexter
replies: 5 views: 2,689
ComodoComplex 1 week ago

It looks like DBX does not have spare part meters of their obsolete DBX 162 SL compressor. What I have found are meters without...

Boris_partys
replies: 1 views: 177
Thomas W. Bethe 1 week ago

Does anyone have a schematic for the original E8 Expose' monitors from KRK?

Panelhead
replies: 6 views: 3,191
Rockman 1 week ago

I have a(very) limited understanding about analog shift register and aliasing in regard to vintage A to D converters. DBX NR is...

Jelly
replies: 3 views: 292
Jelly 1 week ago

Hi Im trying bring back to life my Voiceworks harmony processor. The problem is i cant get 1kC potentiometer especially that one...

C_04
replies: 2 views: 840
cowudders 1 week ago

Hi readers, I was wondering if anyone here has any experience with retrofitting motorised pots into analog gear? Would the...

BarryLimestone
replies: 14 views: 784
BarryLimestone 1 week ago

Hi everyone! My friend’s SSL 4000G PSU has died and tech service diagnostics revealed a couple of dead 2n3899 thyristors....

zvukofor
replies: 5 views: 721
zvukofor 1 week ago

Does anyone have experience using Jameco brand AC-DC regulated switching power supplies? They're $10 cheaper than same spec...

Mr.E
replies: 4 views: 309
Mr.E 1 week ago

I have a set of Genelec 1031A, and a while ago one of my speakers started to behave really strange. It just randomly starts to...

Funky Animal
replies: 7 views: 667
horacewimp 2 weeks ago

I’m looking for some tech assistance, so please do t turn this thread into “ I hate this microphone.” I’m installing a...

Northamusi
replies: 11 views: 1,006
simonstav 2 weeks ago

Has anyone experimented with using a C3G Triode Strapped in a U47 circuit? Modifications to the socket assembly, bias circuit,...

madbeavis
replies: 6 views: 632
madbeavis 2 weeks ago

Curious what's going on electronically here... I have a pair of Don Classics U76 1176 blue stripe clones. When fed...

Teej
replies: 1 views: 247
Radardoug 2 weeks ago

I've got an old CD player - it's one of those old 5CD carousel players. It's pretty much on it's last legs. Sometimes a CD will...

stixstudios
replies: 27 views: 547
stixstudios 2 weeks ago

I need a little help fixing our early mutronics mutator.. my tech guy says mutronics doesn't have them anymore.. ch 1 pcb board...

dabigfrog
replies: 4 views: 2,581
tomklondon 2 weeks ago

Hi Guys! I wanted to show you my road to making an EMT140 inspired plate reverb with a damper controllable with MIDI :) It...

pass-out
replies: 13 views: 1,449
Alejandro Varela 2 weeks ago

A friend tells me that people are starting to use standard CAT-5 data cable for balanced analog and digital audio wiring, with...

David Kulka
replies: 100 views: 30,036
Cuboctahedron 2 weeks ago

Hi I need to change the battery in my Roland XV5080. I have the top cover off and can see that I need to remove the expansion...

UnderTheStairs
replies: 3 views: 203
Farmboy presents 2 weeks ago

I'm hoping to get this one serviced. Any ideas where to send it in Europe? It's not broken, but has some small issues such as a...

JoyousSound
replies: 8 views: 2,544
Studerfreak 2 weeks ago

Hello all! This is a question for Neve aficionados and the tech savvy. I just racked up my Neve 33609/JD. Sounds great on mix...

kennethtyler
replies: 4 views: 272
kennethtyler 2 weeks ago

Hi, I just purchased a handful of old SM82's, and am puzzled to find that they are all only working as mono units. I've opened...

frog.jr
replies: 7 views: 3,096
cesar delly 2 weeks ago

Forward Hello fellow GS'ers! This is a reissue of a thread that I started over in the Cakewalk forums. It was immensely...

M.Retra
replies: 61 views: 19,675
Athhos 2 weeks ago

Hi there! I have an Alesis AM 62 tube mic with the gt psm1 powersupply. Both have 6-pin xlr connections and I am missing that...

monstermusiker
replies: 5 views: 1,938
Thomas W. Bethe 2 weeks ago

I'm looking for some parts for my YC45D. Ribbon controller, or just the spring (I know I'm dreaming on this...) Frequency...

dragonslair
replies: 2 views: 636
Gyalpo 2 weeks ago

Having some intermittent power issues... PFL/AFL light lights up and VUs are pegged. Then it cuts back to normal... I’ve...

mont_man22
replies: 1 views: 258
jamesp 2 weeks ago

I've pulled my PR99 Mk 1 tape deck off of the high shelf it's been stored on for the last twenty years and was genuinely...

Riley Casey
replies: 8 views: 510
jamesp 2 weeks ago

I've bee hunting around for wire strippers and am confused as to what to use for the different cables I need to make. I need to...

Mr.E
replies: 0 views: 167
Mr.E 2 weeks ago

Hey there, I know this isn't a console-specific subforum, but I figured I'd give it a shot. I recently picked up a small...

Kyamcalvert
replies: 8 views: 364
Kyamcalvert 2 weeks ago

Hi I wanted to verify whether outputs in Behringer UMC204HD are balanced. In order to do that i decided to connect stereo...

lapsio
replies: 11 views: 335
Philbo King 2 weeks ago

Curious if anyone has experience migrating console floppy data to a non-linear drive or if it's possible to extract recall...

gunofason
replies: 1 views: 193
Radardoug 2 weeks ago

Hi All, Please advise me if I can connect the Bellari RP220 tube Mic preamp to the rca connectors on a home cassette deck...

alba359
replies: 2 views: 191
alba359 2 weeks ago

Hello !!! please I'm looking for the Mitsubishi X-86 service manual (PDX8620), please, can someone help me? Thanks

GabriMix
replies: 1 views: 617
Rodney Pearson 2 weeks ago

I recently bought a Lexicon Prime Time 93 from the U.S. It apparently left in good condition but arrived with the delay circuit...

mahoor
replies: 19 views: 5,246
egloss 2 weeks ago

Hi, I recently acquired a Sennheiser MKH-416 P48 - it was totally dead. It's an early version - it's quite a bit different from...

Bonara
replies: 2 views: 5,391
danybtsonyc 2 weeks ago

Hello Everyone, My roland srv-330(100V) is burnt with 240V AC power. I accidentally powered it up without step down...

Kungsy93
replies: 2 views: 249
Kungsy93 2 weeks ago

Since the 1960s, I have heard of Howard Holzer, Haeco/Holzer Audio Engineering Company. (Van Nuys, California ?) The reason for...

Bo Hansén
replies: 8 views: 1,701
David Kulka 2 weeks ago

Hi everyone, I haven't posted anything for a while so I have just recently decided to extract the digit and fully restore my...

strahany
replies: 70 views: 17,236
Breaks Dude 2 weeks ago

Hi All, Currently Repairing an Allen and Heath MPS 14 SMPS for a Allen and Heath ML5000 The PSU was failing under load,...

Blissy
replies: 0 views: 170
Blissy 2 weeks ago

I need help, please. The Orion X console has a great quality sound. It is transparent. Sounds big and clean. Perhaps I am...

Melodicca
replies: 40 views: 7,762
lame pseudonym 2 weeks ago

Hi guys, so I copped this beauty recently and intend to use it as a summing card. However it is missing two of the opamps. They...

AtomicMidi
replies: 1 views: 312
AdamAsnan 2 weeks ago

I’ve searched this and other forums and can’t find an answer to this: There are 2 wires (black and red I think) coming...

myrios
replies: 1 views: 175
Philbo King 2 weeks ago

Forgive me, i am a total Mac Noob. I moved a bunch of files from my Imac (Sierra) to a new WD My Book external drive to free up...

joecandy
replies: 1 views: 193
rez 2 weeks ago

I have recently built 4 SCA N72 preamps and I have a few questions before I plug them in for the first time. The only...

kennyplex
replies: 9 views: 1,244
p0llen_p0ny 2 weeks ago

I found this rad old mic for sale, but they listed the model number of the dang stand. Any ideas?

CantStevens
replies: 4 views: 310
CantStevens 2 weeks ago

I have an RCA 77DX ribbon mic in mint condition. Frankly, I rarely use it. Many years ago, I had Clarence Kane re-ribbon it and...

Bill Fike
replies: 9 views: 432
12ax7 2 weeks ago

Hello there! Some people wanted me to share how I did the slow mod on my 76KT, so here is a quick video showing the mod. Short...

DannVal
replies: 10 views: 864
Matti 2 weeks ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search