The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

The GUTZ

OK, something to spice up Geekslutz = here is where we post images of the INSIDE of audio equipment. Disclaimer; any photo...

Tim Farrant
replies: 1,149 views: 543,225
rez 12 hours ago

I have been collecting schematics for 30 years and 5 years ago I started make them available at my site www.SecretMind.dk but...

MicroSonic
replies: 82 views: 116,587
MicroSonic 18th July 2020

DSP Innovations has recently launched a FREE data sheet search site. The site, Datasheetpro.com - Search Electronic Components ,...

gabriel1
replies: 19 views: 54,519
msbettyhunt 27th March 2020

Anyone who offers technical services should get themselves listed into the new member directory here... Gearslutz Directory:...

Tim Farrant
replies: 9 views: 43,606
msbettyhunt 24th March 2020

Hi! First post in theese forums! =) My Hi-fi-amp which I'm going to use as a guitar amp blows fuses after I accidentally made...

Boksholm
replies: 4 views: 950
analogguru 2 hours ago

I recently recapped my VC/L2, replacing the electrolytics and upgrading the coupling caps as recommended by Jim Williams. I got...

Whoopysnorp
replies: 6 views: 514
Whoopysnorp 3 hours ago

I have a Tascam M-2524, and the M-2500 series EQ usually gets comments from "It has an EQ" to "the EQ sucks"....

regebro
replies: 16 views: 1,415
regebro 6 hours ago

Hi, long time reader first time poster, this felt like the appropriate thread. I'm a bit of a DIY dabbler having build synth...

futurama82
replies: 5 views: 338
SP2016 7 hours ago

hello, a lot of large diaphragm condenser mics have a substantial presence peak somewhere in the 5k-12k range when in cardioid...

gearstudent
replies: 4 views: 942
XHipHop 7 hours ago

Hi friends! I know this has been covered here before... I´m a total noob to electronics apart from soldering prepared DIY...

Ted Krotkiewski
replies: 3 views: 965
Yoski 10 hours ago

I've discovered a slightly odd thing with my 160x: Sinewave passes through very cleanly when bypassed, but when the compressor...

Oli_W
replies: 4 views: 301
jaddie 11 hours ago

I picked up a TPSII recently and it was DOA, so, started to troubleshoot. Actually the toroid transformer got REALLY hot REALLY...

smakdaady
replies: 4 views: 568
Thomas W. Bethe 13 hours ago

I have now purchased two MOTU M2's from different sellers about 3-4 weeks apart and both exhibited similar behaviour. The first...

DarkAlchy
replies: 2 views: 208
DarkAlchy 18 hours ago

Hey Everyone, What is some gear that hasn't been made that you would like to hear? What circuit design do you wish existed? ...

Sircalhobz
replies: 0 views: 171
Sircalhobz 1 day ago

Hi there, Wondering if someone can help me out. Up front would like to ask that you forgive my ignorance if the answer seems...

Rizz0
replies: 5 views: 1,241
Cabirio 1 day ago

Hi, I am finally able to startup a Soundcraft DC2000 buy at a good price a few years ago. But after the happiness of seeing...

SgtHammer
replies: 2 views: 970
ministerpepe 1 day ago

---I know this had been a popular topic in the past, but I have not found any answers. Most posts say "they" are...

golden_ears
replies: 13 views: 3,307
Gae 1 day ago

Hello, I use 2 appolos: 1 Appolo 16 MK2 and 1 Appolo8 MK2 when I do summation in a Vintage maker summator, I noticed a...

Pilepoile
replies: 1 views: 424
Pilepoile 2 days ago

I have been looking at upgrading my Avantone CV-12 and by putting a new tube and capsule in it. I can't seem to find any info on...

Maxcutch
replies: 1 views: 525
Whoopysnorp 2 days ago

Can anyone with a healthy NX5R or NS5R tell me what voltages I should be expecting on pins 1-8 of CNA3 and/or pins 1-4 of CNA2...

koitsu
replies: 1 views: 141
koitsu 2 days ago

Hey Everyone, Long time first time. I'm a synth/pedal designer from NY (You can check out my shop at l0rez.com) I've...

L0rez
replies: 1 views: 139
L0rez 2 days ago

I just found a pair of old RODE NT1 microphones at the bottom of my mic locker. I can only remember buying one so it must have...

rudolpho
replies: 114 views: 61,427
Gorquin 2 days ago

I once cleaned some pots with deoxit d5 and it brought them back to life... but they were very loose since the deoxit ate through...

HSLand
replies: 23 views: 4,787
RJHollins 2 days ago

Anyone have these? The ones in manual are too vague to really find out what to do to repair a channel. I contacted local...

E Orjatsalo
replies: 16 views: 15,254
citygas 2 days ago

Has anyone ever used Neutrik NP3TT-1 style bantam plugs? I bought a bunch and now it looks like you need a special Neutrik...

theslygoose
replies: 3 views: 1,117
Avatar for Pinebox Studio Services
Pinebox Studio Services 2 days ago

I attached 2 images to see what the capsule looks like (I marked it with numbers), and also an image with the colors of the...

gabrielguinez
replies: 1 views: 440
gabrielguinez 3 days ago

Hi All....I just purchased a Roland JD 990 without a power cord. Looking to purchase one but am not too sure if it is a...

dpbel
replies: 1 views: 537
Hangdog Cat 3 days ago

Hi all, I while back I purchased a "Finhol Air Kick" which was a novel idea of triggering a bass drum sample via air...

Jazzy
replies: 3 views: 550
JohnRoberts 4 days ago

Hi, I have a LA Audio Classic compressor here with 1 knob broken. Does anyone here know where I can get a replacement for...

grouphome
replies: 0 views: 240
grouphome 4 days ago

Anyone know Richard from Lingenberg Sound? Several years ago I got some bits from Richard @ Lingenberg sound sent over here to...

mick61
replies: 1 views: 654
UGP 4 days ago

Hello I have a Roland D-5 that came to me with all sort of problems. After a full cap job and tact switches replacement,...

stevefuzz72
replies: 0 views: 373
stevefuzz72 4 days ago

so to make a long story short I came upon an old arp solina (first version) a while back and failed to open it up and check it...

starfield
replies: 27 views: 4,296
guvech 4 days ago

Hi, so I'm an audio engineer who has been lucky enough to have my hands and ears grace some of the best or at least most well...

Sircalhobz
replies: 14 views: 1,502
Disharmonic 5 days ago

... asking in some forums and got very mixed replies. I have two 16 ohm cabs (AX/BX) that'd I'd would like to run together with...

LeftRustle
replies: 4 views: 378
Cabirio 5 days ago

Wondering if anyone could help me out please. I have an Issue with a korg poly 61, everything seems to function as it should...

DaSunlounge
replies: 0 views: 187
DaSunlounge 5 days ago

Does anyone have a Drawmer M500 service manual or schematic? I have one channel distorted. It looks like the digital processor...

Jhonnie
replies: 25 views: 5,342
Zapman 5 days ago

Hey y'all. I'm a hobbyist, and I just came upon an Aphex CX-1 compressor. It seems like a cool vintage unit. I saw on the...

JJSound21
replies: 2 views: 801
Gnarmageddon 5 days ago

Hi all, I'm hoping the hive mind can help me with this problem that has stumped me, as well as a local studio tech. There are...

Lewis Robertson
replies: 81 views: 11,817
Jim Williams 5 days ago

So, I want to build what I think should be a relatively simple piece of equipment. You know how we pass signal through an 1176...

Un_Illuminate
replies: 4 views: 415
Cabirio 5 days ago

I just went to fire up my RED Audio Type A tube mic and when I plug the 7 pin cable into the mic body the light on the power...

TheVillageIdiot
replies: 5 views: 1,005
polimorfos 5 days ago

Hi, does anyone have any experience or ideas regarding a Blue Bottle Rocket Stage 2 power supply, the red light turned to green...

Hoffmanwantsgear
replies: 15 views: 1,933
polimorfos 5 days ago

Hello all, For those into analog tape, in particular Studer analog tape, might enjoy our recent renovation of a Studer...

audiofileAus
replies: 3 views: 516
ruffrecords 5 days ago

hey guys today i realized that my converters have some real serious issues (mytek 8x192). there is high frequency oscillation...

salomonander
replies: 31 views: 1,600
dreske 5 days ago

Hey slutz, I have a pair of Sputniks, and one of them is dead. Doesn't light up, and I've tried replacing the fuse. I sent it...

RaygunRS
replies: 8 views: 1,779
imaginaryday 5 days ago

So I'm using a very nice soldering rod that was gifted to me by a very nice and awesome. They moved away before I could get a...

Spano
replies: 27 views: 2,522
12ax7 6 days ago

I had a problem with my Waldorf Q Rack's "shift" button so I opened my Waldorf Q Rack to see if it was a problem I...

Mandala69
replies: 2 views: 1,358
tfgibbon 6 days ago

HI Does anyone have TL AUDIO M1 TUBETRACKER schematic ? I have some problem in the pre preamp after i change tubes :deth: same...

rajaaudio
replies: 0 views: 548
rajaaudio 6 days ago

Hi, a client sent me a Beezneez Arabella mike that the power supply had died on. Turned out to be the power transformer. So I...

Radardoug
replies: 0 views: 370
Radardoug 6 days ago

Hey all I'm recapping my Soundcraft 6000 console and thought I'd make an excel file of the caps in each of the units. I don't...

Studio ManCave
replies: 16 views: 6,012
Jim Williams 1 week ago

Hi! howdy I am new here, so please tell me if I post this question in the wrong place. I have a Mac Air that I use almost...

Animisha
replies: 3 views: 514
Animisha 1 week ago

My computer is a RFI hot bed that I only found once I purchased my first two mics and I need some help. If I get within six...

DarkAlchy
replies: 20 views: 1,835
Rick Dalton 1 week ago

I have a constant "err-90" message on the remote control for my Otari MX80 24 track machine. I read all the comments...

spectrasound
replies: 2 views: 620
Thomas W. Bethe 1 week ago

I hadn't used my M88 in a while. I pulled it out a few months ago and it suddenly sounded thin and hollow. Not at all how I...

NvisibleSound
replies: 5 views: 945
chris661 1 week ago

Well I’m dead in the water it seems, after rebuilding the power supply I tracked down the 2-prong ac cable today and while the...

plutoniq
replies: 3 views: 663
plutoniq 1 week ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search