The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

The GUTZ

OK, something to spice up Geekslutz = here is where we post images of the INSIDE of audio equipment. Disclaimer; any photo...

Tim Farrant
replies: 1,161 views: 552,588
DGL 2 days ago

I have been collecting schematics for 30 years and 5 years ago I started make them available at my site www.SecretMind.dk but...

MicroSonic
replies: 86 views: 119,042
waveterm 25th December 2020

DSP Innovations has recently launched a FREE data sheet search site. The site, Datasheetpro.com - Search Electronic Components ,...

gabriel1
replies: 19 views: 55,792
msbettyhunt 27th March 2020

Anyone who offers technical services should get themselves listed into the new member directory here... Gearslutz Directory:...

Tim Farrant
replies: 9 views: 44,832
msbettyhunt 24th March 2020

I’ve been using this console in pairing with my Tascam MSR16 for 7 years now. Slowly over time, many channels on the console...

RBG
replies: 5 views: 58
Rick Dalton 3 minutes ago

Hello, Not sure which thread to post this in so apologize if I'm in the wrong place! I should mention I very little about...

frenchji
replies: 0 views: 1
frenchji 10 minutes ago

Hi Guys, Vocalist here with a cry for help:) I have two Aphex 107 Mic-Preamps which both have the same blown part. I know nothing...

MsRat3
replies: 10 views: 1,797
Jim Williams 2 hours ago

Hey there. This might be a silly question... and maybe even a silly question where the answer depends on so many factors its...

WarmJetGuitar
replies: 5 views: 252
Jim Williams 2 hours ago

I'm restoring an EMT 140 at the moment which has been in storage for a few years. Sonically everything is fine but there is a...

seanbarry
replies: 23 views: 5,389
Joao B. 3 hours ago

Hey there, Im sourcing parts for a u48 build, and i was wondering if any of the mic experts could maybe lend me a hand, as i’m...

salomonander
replies: 6 views: 226
salomonander 9 hours ago

Hi Geekslutz, We are going to be renaming this sub forum very soon - to have a more inclusive / suitable for work &...

Jules
replies: 7 views: 224
Tim Farrant 10 hours ago

I have recently acquired a Roland Bolt-30 guitar amp which is of hybrid design, featuring a solid state pre amp with a pair of ...

dialectic
replies: 15 views: 301
Rick Dalton 12 hours ago

Hi Im trying bring back to life my Voiceworks harmony processor. The problem is i cant get 1kC potentiometer especially that one...

C_04
replies: 6 views: 1,158
Rick Dalton 16 hours ago

I've done my previous designs straight to PCB, but decided that I wanted to try prototyping on turret board this round. Before,...

MadDave
replies: 1 views: 97
tINY 21 hours ago

Following the passing of Rupert Neve I was pondering the longevity of his designs and others of the period versus the myriad...

ruffrecords
replies: 15 views: 407
ruffrecords 1 day ago

Is is dangerous for a mic to plug in its XLR cable while the phantom power is switched on? Does this 48 volt jolt have any...

question
replies: 54 views: 31,525
Jim Williams 1 day ago

Hi! I have a Allen&Heath ZED 18 and there is no audio coming out from the master output and headphones (only in pfl). I’ve...

vso
replies: 1 views: 340
Vasilgv11 1 day ago

my lovely old 1st gen Solina String Ensemble has some of the hard to find "mullard fish" capacitors damaged. I was...

starfield
replies: 10 views: 1,994
Studiowise 1 day ago

so to make a long story short I came upon an old arp solina (first version) a while back and failed to open it up and check it...

starfield
replies: 28 views: 4,561
Studiowise 1 day ago

Hi there I have an MX5050 8 track Mk3 machine that is almost running perfectly. I had the heads recently relapped, which made...

tobeknows
replies: 2 views: 412
Thomas W. Bethe 1 day ago

Hi there I have an MX5050 8 track Mk3 machine that is almost running perfectly. I had the heads recently relapped, which made...

tobeknows
replies: 0 views: 90
tobeknows 1 day ago

Does anyone know good DIY versions of this inline preamp? A schematic with high quality components would be excellent. Like what...

ickefes
replies: 47 views: 7,735
vincefedor 1 day ago

Forward Hello fellow GS'ers! This is a reissue of a thread that I started over in the Cakewalk forums. It was immensely...

M.Retra
replies: 83 views: 25,945
jahberger 1 day ago

Hello, Does anyone have the physical dimensions of a Royer 121; circumference, height, and so on? A friend wants to print a 3D...

trubadoor
replies: 2 views: 136
trubadoor 1 day ago

Hey there, another akward question by me. I restore lots of old gear and always try to make it look as close as possible to the...

salomonander
replies: 9 views: 372
sin night 2 days ago

Hello! I’ve recently had success in turning a small transistor radios into a portable guitar amplifiers and as such, I decided...

halloy
replies: 11 views: 445
cathode 2 days ago

dear Geekslutz, I accidently fried a Matrix-1000 that was configured for 120 volt by plugging it into 220 volt - :facepalm:...

themachinesoul
replies: 9 views: 1,823
LarryBee 2 days ago

I have a very nice incredible sounding vintage La3a modded by Jim Williams whcich i love and use every day, BUT, the lamp blows...

HansMues
replies: 8 views: 304
HansMues 2 days ago

I am looking for a mic tech in Seattle. I can do some diy stuff, but when I reach the limits of my skill level, I would like to...

Prince Vision
replies: 1 views: 200
Prince Vision 2 days ago

hello people! recently got a used srv330 in overall good shape and working condition, however the Alpha jog wheel doesn't seem...

xRepx
replies: 11 views: 403
Confucio 2 days ago

Now that I'm scrutinizing and modding my Soundcraft 800B, I noticed there's a bad spot in one of the ribbon cables--creates noise...

jnashguitar
replies: 10 views: 5,137
rsarkar 2 days ago

Hi there guys! We've just recently acquired a beautiful SSL 4052 with G+ computer from another studio to our studio in the...

deRoland
replies: 4 views: 2,958
guinga 2 days ago

Hello Folks, wondering if anyone has the manual for the ADR express limiter that they would be so kind as to share....

drplywood
replies: 9 views: 2,890
rjb5191 2 days ago

Hi, Anyone has the schematic for the DSP board of the lexicon pcm81? I got an old revision (DSP board revision 00) and the only...

nickstomp
replies: 0 views: 125
nickstomp 3 days ago

I have a 2 - LSR6328P monitors. The 8" lf in one of them is sounding low in volume and distorted. I've swapped out the...

mrjoeaudio
replies: 0 views: 141
mrjoeaudio 3 days ago

I'm looking to build a very simple A/B balanced stereo switcher box. I have 2 preamp channels that I want to be able to quickly,...

drewharris
replies: 6 views: 412
drewharris 3 days ago

Posted this over in the main forum, but no joy... Not much to find on a search, either here or on the net, so I'll do my...

myles
replies: 10 views: 9,761
GuitarPimp 3 days ago

Hi everybody! My TC Electronic M5000 needs a battery replacement. The battery keeps all license codes on a device, which...

Alex Kretov
replies: 2 views: 290
smartfreq 3 days ago

Hi there I have been working on my s900. Replacing the disk drive with a gotek, and also replacing the screen. The disk...

knob twiddler
replies: 2 views: 271
b2001bt 4 days ago

I have located a small number of NOS a/d converters for the Lexicon PCM 80 PCM 90 series of digital reverbs that I am using for...

TMI
replies: 132 views: 30,542
nickstomp 4 days ago

I have a Made in China (alas) Lexicon PCM81 (REV 3 with REV 1 DSP board). Upon normal power on, it goes through the various boot...

parousia
replies: 4 views: 1,399
nickstomp 4 days ago

This is the first thread I think I've started here. I want to admit I am a GearSlut. Right now, I think i would be...

Sense_A
replies: 5 views: 615
jackies 4 days ago

Hi, Where can I buy a Lindell 1731 OpAmp in the UK (not Europe) ? Many thanks

Iscape
replies: 0 views: 157
Iscape 4 days ago

Im doing some maintenance to my Ursa Major 8x32. It has problems with the tactical switches, sometimes they double trigger and...

BHW
replies: 2 views: 264
rowsbywoof 4 days ago

Says it's disabled... anybody know how can I register? I wanted to ask some questions about Hairball's preamp kits over there and...

Deleted c117a9d
replies: 67 views: 5,166
hotfingers 4 days ago

Hi all, I'm hoping the hive mind can help me with this problem that has stumped me, as well as a local studio tech. There are...

Lewis Robertson
replies: 87 views: 12,327
Lewis Robertson 4 days ago

this seems to be an ideal candidate to turn into a stunner. good bones but hopeing i can make it shine. i love the...

buschfsu
replies: 40 views: 23,368
chaosium 4 days ago

I have a Yamaha SY77 with a whining inverter. I've read that the problem is extremely common. It doesn't bleed into the outputs...

Eggbread
replies: 1 views: 564
lakehousememory 4 days ago

I bought a WA-2A off of eBay a while back, and I’m increasingly convinced it’s not working right. I don’t have access to...

skrasms
replies: 1 views: 188
skrasms 4 days ago

I've been looking at this MOTU M4 because 1) I like the DAC and ADC chips, 2) inputs 3/4 are line level only and don't have...

guitarburrito
replies: 1 views: 175
rez 5 days ago

so i picked up a fostex xr7 4 track in mint condition....i want to use it's 4 tape outs (which are rca) going into my mixer...

hinterlandwho
replies: 3 views: 367
cyrano 5 days ago

So I recently purchased an old Mackie 8 Bus, I made sure to test it before buying and everything sounded good besides a little...

DCsLostBoy
replies: 13 views: 474
Rick Dalton 5 days ago

Hi guys I've posted this at another sub forum, I hope this is the right place for the thread. My Roland JV1080 keeps turning...

claudioferrari
replies: 0 views: 158
claudioferrari 6 days ago

Hi! I just recently purchased the Slate VMS System (Pre-amp and Slate ML-1 Mic). I'm having alot of issues with gain staging,...

DavidCasalinova
replies: 0 views: 157
DavidCasalinova 6 days ago

Moderators