The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

The GUTZ

OK, something to spice up Geekslutz = here is where we post images of the INSIDE of audio equipment. Disclaimer; any photo...

Tim Farrant
replies: 1,138 views: 530,515
msbettyhunt 24th April 2020

DSP Innovations has recently launched a FREE data sheet search site. The site, Datasheetpro.com - Search Electronic Components ,...

gabriel1
replies: 19 views: 52,581
msbettyhunt 27th March 2020

Anyone who offers technical services should get themselves listed into the new member directory here... Gearslutz Directory:...

Tim Farrant
replies: 9 views: 41,670
msbettyhunt 24th March 2020

I have been collecting schematics for 30 years and 5 years ago I started make them available at my site www.SecretMind.dk but...

MicroSonic
replies: 78 views: 112,411
msbettyhunt 3rd March 2020

Hi, Ive been using this preamp lately quiet often and during long sessions. The unit gets hot, but I consider it normal , from...

nucelar
replies: 5 views: 164
jensenmann 33 minutes ago

Hello there. I'm attempting to modify my coleman M3 to send a stereo meter feed out to my dorrough unit. Glen Coleman was kind...

Dor
replies: 6 views: 1,228
IM WHO YOU THINK 2 hours ago

Hello all, new poster here long time lurker, DIY'er, tinkerer of amps and beat up instruments. Occasionally I try to play...

grouse789
replies: 1 views: 106
enginefire 16 hours ago

Given the age of the dbx 100 and dbx 110, it is hardly surprising that the used ones typically have issues. Bad caps, fried...

RetrovertNYC
replies: 2 views: 2,221
atavacron 17 hours ago

Hi Everyone, I've just bought a Drawmer M500 that needs some work. The battery is flat and i'm going to replace it with a new...

emm853
replies: 1 views: 93
nucelar 18 hours ago

Hello can we talk MIDI voltage for a second? I need to understand this: I'm having an issue with my Novation Impulse 49...

proche3
replies: 1 views: 144
DrewE 20 hours ago

Hey guys, i'm currently running an ART Pro-Channel II tube preamp and it has served me very well for a few years. Unfortunately...

Tablex
replies: 3 views: 132
ripple_fx1 20 hours ago

Has anyone experimented with using a C3G Triode Strapped in a U47 circuit? Modifications to the socket assembly, bias circuit,...

madbeavis
replies: 1 views: 169
gyraf 1 day ago

Revving up to build one of these. I noticed that CAPI have now stopped using Ed Anderson trafos (EA2622) for their own design...

nomoreflakes
replies: 3 views: 227
nomoreflakes 1 day ago

Hello technically skilled fellow slutz! On my Behringer X2222usb mixer, each channel has tiny buttons for Master and Sub-Master...

DeciBox
replies: 3 views: 199
gyraf 1 day ago

hello I have a sony mxp 29 mixer and I would like to add a direct out on each channel! Could you help me to pick the signal...

sonotor
replies: 23 views: 6,251
bagomusic 1 day ago

1. What happens to a preamp, if the FET is not biased correctly? What kind of faults would a person be able to audibly hear? ...

play.exe
replies: 5 views: 175
mrfantastic 1 day ago

I am trying to use the tally output (TB All Tally) on an SSL AWS948 to turn on a red light. I was advised by SSL to use an...

originalscottyg
replies: 11 views: 1,735
grmusik 1 day ago

Is anyone familiar with the Yamaha MV1602? I've just refurbished one, and going through the manual I saw that Aux 3/4 were wired...

urgentmeow
replies: 0 views: 120
urgentmeow 1 day ago

Hi, so I got this thing on a whim, because I think it looks cool, built into a little suitcase. I've seen Ramsa schematics...

weary
replies: 11 views: 2,750
ndstudio 1 day ago

Hi, currently I use an Allen and heath GL2200 direct outs into my UAD apollo 16 into my 64bit pc via thunderbolt. My mixer has...

Velvet1
replies: 0 views: 96
Velvet1 1 day ago

I assembled a cable as described in Mike Senior's "Mixing Secrets" book to hook up an Avantone 5c to one of the...

bartitude666
replies: 5 views: 404
bartitude666 1 day ago

Hi everyone, My Alesis M1 Active 360 died while giving off burnt plastic smell. The attached image shows the only place on the...

amu
replies: 7 views: 310
kludgeaudio 1 day ago

I have an A/DA STD-1 (stereo tapped delay) from the ‘80’s that I dearly love. It’s regeneration/feedback has stopped...

myles
replies: 0 views: 97
myles 1 day ago

Hi! I'm planning to do a complete recap of my Sony MX-P61 mixing console. Unfortunately it uses many very tiny capacitors and...

tr0x
replies: 2 views: 929
Robo 2 days ago

Hi all , when i hear Some shootout with clones and original k47 capsule diagram I hear Some diffent freqresponse in the capsules....

QueenSisi
replies: 6 views: 687
vintagelove 2 days ago

I bought a Paia Fatman. It seems to have problems. Is there anyone close to Winston-Salem,NC that works on such things? I have...

gtrjedi
replies: 0 views: 140
gtrjedi 2 days ago

This is a guide for replacing the screen in the Akai S900/950. The lcd screen was $8 it is a blue background with white script,...

seaborg
replies: 12 views: 2,559
MoodyStudios 2 days ago

Hi there, I was curious how it looks inside my Go Keys and so i opened it. Good news: Only type of screw. Bad news: Cables are...

Florianinside
replies: 2 views: 1,167
andrer 2 days ago

I am thinking of building the DIY kit supplied by Total Audio Control, the model TAC506 basic ..link here...

pencilextremist
replies: 0 views: 108
pencilextremist 2 days ago

I wasn’t quite sure where to post this but this forum seems like one of the most knowledgeable. I just recently received a...

liltracystan007
replies: 0 views: 115
liltracystan007 2 days ago

Hey Guys & Gals! CoCo The Geek here and I need a little help if anyone can help me. I have been working on fixing this...

CoCo The Geek
replies: 0 views: 110
CoCo The Geek 2 days ago

Hi Friends. I have recently started learning the basics of electronics and have built a few simple circuits from schematics on...

Ted Krotkiewski
replies: 10 views: 688
Ted Krotkiewski 2 days ago

I have seen some of you guys are members of GroupDIY as well.... I have tried to register on this site with ZERO success. Is...

soundrick
replies: 67 views: 7,667
JarnoT 2 days ago

Hello fellow geekslutz, I’ve been a big fan of these Orban 111b spring reverbs first quite a while. At one time, I shot my...

iangomes
replies: 1 views: 123
Thomas W. Bethe 3 days ago

Hello ! I was given nice big old irons with the goal to build 2 langevin 5116B preamps. The irons are Peerless / Altec Lansing...

pi_amp
replies: 14 views: 527
emrr 3 days ago

I am wanting to experiment with my old RODE NT2 that I dug out of storage. I have read there are all sorts of little hacks to...

JohnnyBlack
replies: 9 views: 2,077
Jim Williams 3 days ago

I am looking at some pages from an evidently incomplete document called: Appendix A : DD1500/DR8/DR16 'Core' Protocol Dated: 12...

s9dd
replies: 2 views: 575
jameshw 3 days ago

Hi! Hope you all doing good these hard and strange times. I have a issue with a DJ mixer I got and I treasure, it is a Behringer...

Maxir4k
replies: 5 views: 257
Maxir4k 3 days ago

Hi guys and gals, Quick question. I have just built my first diy project, an AML ez1073 pre. I'm at the calibration stage...

megatonemark
replies: 16 views: 3,203
Solderfreak 4 days ago

hi, I am building a rack mount unit, i bought a IEC connector for the mains, that has a builtin 120/240 switch on the back on...

oxide54
replies: 12 views: 8,257
aries1470 4 days ago

I would like to start a thread for all of you slutz out there that has any info or schematics on AMEKS BIG, Recall, and 501 by...

stevo991
replies: 35 views: 4,623
Matt Syson 4 days ago

Hi I have an h949 I got fairly cheap ($850). The seller said the “master” pot was a little dirty and needed to simply be...

jml designs
replies: 0 views: 161
jml designs 5 days ago

Hi, Anybody got a line on a capsule for the Sennheiser 409? Trying to resurrect a 409 that needs some help. Thanks in...

jrmprod
replies: 0 views: 135
jrmprod 5 days ago

There has been alot of talk about importance of conversion in recording chain, and lots of people want to know which AD/DA chip...

Chagalj
replies: 489 views: 325,885
madriaan 5 days ago

Hey there, long time lurker, first post :-) I scored a pretty beat up Mackie CR1604 which is showing strange behaviour on three...

Tschibo00
replies: 0 views: 216
Tschibo00 5 days ago

We just had a "brown-out" here. The power went off for about a minute. It got me thinking that I should have a...

stixstudios
replies: 13 views: 348
Muser 5 days ago

Hey fellas. This is my first post on the Geekslutz section and I'm just a humble recording engineer who barely knows how to...

WarmJetGuitar
replies: 22 views: 1,245
WarmJetGuitar 5 days ago

Hey everyone... I have a Soundcraft Delta 8. I use the tape returns on the board for channels 1-16 from my DAW to the...

streber
replies: 5 views: 549
systo 6 days ago

Anyone have any opinions? I've read the R8 has more balls to it's sound plus the extra outs which I don't need plus I guess the...

Thisiscobras
replies: 4 views: 1,392
Thisiscobras 6 days ago

Hi Everyone , I don't have much D.I.Y. experience. I've seen videos of reverb made from Slinky's. I was considering making an...

alba359
replies: 3 views: 307
Philbo King 6 days ago

Hi everyone. I'm back for more wisdom and experience from the community. Thanks!!! I have a few old T powered...

Andrew Higgins
replies: 1 views: 304
Andrew Higgins 6 days ago

Today I just wanted to purchase my Presonus Q2 that I have been waiting for it for 3 weeks and suddenly saw a big red headline on...

AhooraMahone
replies: 7 views: 1,467
PeteJames 6 days ago

I just got a used supercheap Yamaha RM1X with small tactile switches for the keys. It seems that the previous owner have tried...

3stamme
replies: 1 views: 190
eatyourguitar 6 days ago

I have an original Alesis Microverb that I'd like to try reviving. It currently passes the dry signal OK, but there is no effect...

RobLewis
replies: 0 views: 148
RobLewis 6 days ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search