The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

The GUTZ

OK, something to spice up Geekslutz = here is where we post images of the INSIDE of audio equipment. Disclaimer; any photo...

Tim Farrant
replies: 1,159 views: 550,144
PurpleOhmAudio 20 hours ago

I have been collecting schematics for 30 years and 5 years ago I started make them available at my site www.SecretMind.dk but...

MicroSonic
replies: 86 views: 118,372
waveterm 4 weeks ago

DSP Innovations has recently launched a FREE data sheet search site. The site, Datasheetpro.com - Search Electronic Components ,...

gabriel1
replies: 19 views: 55,383
msbettyhunt 27th March 2020

Anyone who offers technical services should get themselves listed into the new member directory here... Gearslutz Directory:...

Tim Farrant
replies: 9 views: 44,427
msbettyhunt 24th March 2020

Happy new year, Gearslutz! I need some help with my 1176 that stopped passing signal recently. I have confirmed it powers up,...

soul.
replies: 32 views: 941
soul. 29 minutes ago

Does anyone know good DIY versions of this inline preamp? A schematic with high quality components would be excellent. Like what...

ickefes
replies: 24 views: 6,302
PurpleOhmAudio 36 minutes ago

In the early 1980's my band had an 8 track recording setup. We bought a DBX 160 new, (can't remember if it was an "a"...

Peter Pav
replies: 2 views: 110
Jim Williams 44 minutes ago

Hello All, First of all, I hope you're doing well. Then, I hope my query is posted at the right place. Finally, please pardon my...

Mark Harris
replies: 5 views: 206
Mesmerised 4 hours ago

Hi guys Im a long time DynAudio BM6a user, sadly i had to leave them behind when i moved, long story short i cant afford...

logic pro
replies: 6 views: 740
Thomas W. Bethe 6 hours ago

Hey guys, Has anyone ever had any major water leak from the ceiling pouring water into their SSL 4000 series console? What was...

Radiotech96
replies: 2 views: 152
Thomas W. Bethe 6 hours ago

Hello friends! Im working to fix a Mackie HUI that I buy , with some logical problems. One of the pieces I like to test a...

Cris_ProMusic
replies: 1 views: 186
Cris_ProMusic 8 hours ago

Hi there guys, a lot to get across with this question, so here goes! I have a Sontronics STC-2 which has developed a...

PurpleOhmAudio
replies: 4 views: 132
Radardoug 12 hours ago

Hi, I bought the Echolette NG51S echo unit (Golden Cage) few weeks ago. When I plug in my guitar the dray signal is not going...

Sin1949
replies: 1 views: 164
Sin1949 15 hours ago

Hi there, I'm a beginner with recording, but do plenty of work on my guitar equipment and love messing around with FX pedals...

PurpleOhmAudio
replies: 2 views: 254
PurpleOhmAudio 17 hours ago

Just kind of curious what the difference is between an SM57 and an SM58. I have the cheaper SM57 (a PGA57) and an SM58 and I...

Ben_G7
replies: 2 views: 104
loujudson 18 hours ago

Hi, today the front capsule(?), or, the gridded 3-4mm steel cap on the front of the mic, just fell off - and all the high end...

Sailor Hope
replies: 51 views: 7,981
JBob 20 hours ago

There has been alot of talk about importance of conversion in recording chain, and lots of people want to know which AD/DA chip...

Chagalj
replies: 539 views: 356,729
Kamurah 20 hours ago

Hey all, Would really appreciate it if anyone could point me in the direction of a Soundtracs PC MIDI 24 Manual. Thanks...

Blissy
replies: 4 views: 1,393
vincentsemper 21 hours ago

I have a Baby Bottle that has a buzz every time I use it in my studio, running it through my LA-610 or Grace 101 into a MiniME...

slowrain
replies: 11 views: 2,654
ache1978 22 hours ago

Hello! For years I've just been lurking these threads, always looking at what people's opinions were on the gear they've...

Brosefski
replies: 0 views: 86
Brosefski 23 hours ago

Hi. I’ve been considering buying the bullet on a 500 series chassis. I have read terrible things about the Midas L6 and L10,...

Soulriots
replies: 1 views: 95
NeveSSL1 1 day ago

After building a Command 8 power supply, I’m going to attempt a power supply for my Rane Hc6 (noted as a RS-2 rather than...

golden_ears
replies: 6 views: 397
golden_ears 1 day ago

Hi all, I'm hoping the hive mind can help me with this problem that has stumped me, as well as a local studio tech. There are...

Lewis Robertson
replies: 86 views: 12,055
soundbarnfool 1 day ago

I'm getting my old studio up and running again and fired up my trusty Panasonic WR-DA7 mixing board. I was getting a...

UncleGroOve
replies: 7 views: 405
UncleGroOve 1 day ago

Hi there - Did anyone ever changed the diaphragm on a K+H 098 mid-range speaker? One of mine blew up. The voice coil is 38mm...

Pieroom
replies: 2 views: 167
Pieroom 1 day ago

Hi all! I just got an old Sennheiser MD441 and 2 of the 5 tantalum caps are dead, so I want to replace them all as the 3 good...

niva
replies: 3 views: 193
analogguru 1 day ago

Hi everyone! I need to repair a Ddrum AT module : the trigger inputs are not working and i have distortion on outputs, and the...

Uby62
replies: 14 views: 2,001
Nunobali 1 day ago

Please here thee schematics of Lauten LA120 pencil mic. I reverse engineered it, in attempt to find a way to make this...

TormyVanCool
replies: 5 views: 302
cathode 2 days ago

Hello, I'm trying to fix a Roland HP 2900g, but i can't find a schematic or a service manual. A small transistor...

owai
replies: 16 views: 3,252
Jovlie 2 days ago

This is a guide for replacing the screen in the Akai S900/950. The lcd screen was $8 it is a blue background with white script,...

seaborg
replies: 13 views: 3,103
knob twiddler 2 days ago

Hi. I'd like to add transformer colouring in my processing chain, I've been reading a bit on how it works, but it would be nice...

ma_headphone
replies: 17 views: 885
bangbang 2 days ago

I built a DIY passive summing mixer but I have problems to pan channels at the exact center of the stereo field. The mixer is...

ma_headphone
replies: 2 views: 139
ma_headphone 2 days ago

i have a tl audio indigo 2012, this unit was working perfectly till one months ago, now some of the frequency potentiometers seem...

valeot
replies: 5 views: 1,042
ma_headphone 2 days ago

So I am Canadian, I have been on a waiting list for 1 full year at our biggest music retailer to get one here and nope , no go....

Chicharones
replies: 0 views: 109
Chicharones 2 days ago

Hi Guys, this is my first time posting here hopefully I am in the right forum. Does anyone knows the size of the potentiometers...

Systematic999
replies: 1 views: 133
CFB4 3 days ago

Hi all I'm a long time reader of this forum, and a newly registered member, from Paris, France. I bought a Yamaha SPX90...

thomasdf
replies: 195 views: 25,120
Tomás Mulcahy 3 days ago

Hi all! As some of you know, the power supplies in the Soundcraft MTK line are not particularly reliable. They tend to overheat,...

dioniZz
replies: 0 views: 127
dioniZz 3 days ago

My Dad got this thing at a studio closing in Munich. We've been planning to refurbish it step by step for a long time. But...

g4b0
replies: 67 views: 14,737
sonicdom 3 days ago

Hi, i'm interested in a more historical question. For decades, Lexicon designed Reverbs defining studio standards until...

sirko2
replies: 7 views: 241
elegentdrum 3 days ago

hi, I've got CL Audio C1 Compressor (2nd gen.) and the gain potentiometer is deffected. I tried bought a new one, but...

bazsa82
replies: 0 views: 109
bazsa82 3 days ago

Says it's disabled... anybody know how can I register? I wanted to ask some questions about Hairball's preamp kits over there and...

Deleted c117a9d
replies: 58 views: 4,606
u929 3 days ago

Hi, Have some nice vintage xformers here, And been thinking of building a DI box. Guitar/bass in- XLR + unbal out. Any...

Mr. Tom
replies: 5 views: 309
Mr. Tom 4 days ago

Hi, I'm not asking how to repair it - I cba fiddling around inside expensive equipment I'm not qualified to repair. I just...

Salarssie
replies: 1 views: 591
buster.friendly 4 days ago

I'm looking to build a very simple A/B balanced stereo switcher box. I have 2 preamp channels that I want to be able to quickly,...

drewharris
replies: 5 views: 305
kirkus 5 days ago

Hi there! Somewhat offtopic but anyway, I'm hoping for some ideas. I have a device that has several capacitive touch...

nucelar
replies: 7 views: 1,298
xavi104 5 days ago

I got a alesis quadraverb that outputs a very loud hum rendering the unit unusable even though I can hear the effects...

belzrebuth
replies: 4 views: 637
belzrebuth 5 days ago

Hi gear folks, I bought Rane SP-15 off of Ebay, it arrived today, so I connected it to give it a whirl. After about 10 minutes or...

elrobis
replies: 0 views: 143
elrobis 5 days ago

It's the 4-channel germanium mixer. It looks like the attached pic. Any leads on a schematic appreciated. Thanks. Paul Babiak

Paul Babiak
replies: 16 views: 5,986
Mario del Rio 5 days ago

Hi all, I have an NPNG DMP-2NW that needs a (hopefully minor) repair. The problem is no signal on channel 1. No action on...

Byron
replies: 4 views: 1,179
Berndalen 5 days ago

Hi all! Today I was messing with my amplification setup and accidentally turned on my Crown xti 4002 without any speakers...

bassmuse
replies: 16 views: 416
Rick Dalton 5 days ago

I have a Mirage DMS-1 that’s seems to be loading sample data into RAM incorrectly on the lower half of the keyboard. The sound...

fvwelsh
replies: 0 views: 129
fvwelsh 5 days ago

Hi, this is my first real post here and I just wanted to thank everyone for all the incredibly valuable information I’ve soaked...

James Meger
replies: 3 views: 262
James Meger 6 days ago

Hello everyone! I recently changed all the pots in my Revox A77 MK2. Because some of them were broken, I could not measure...

felixmcore
replies: 5 views: 360
ruffrecords 6 days ago

Hi peeps, I'm wanting to get my korg m1 serviced but I'm poor and worried about the cost, does anybody know (roughly) what the...

Adam12345678
replies: 2 views: 208
Adam12345678 6 days ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search