The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

The GUTZ

OK, something to spice up Geekslutz = here is where we post images of the INSIDE of audio equipment. Disclaimer; any photo...

Tim Farrant
replies: 1,138 views: 529,648
msbettyhunt 4 weeks ago

DSP Innovations has recently launched a FREE data sheet search site. The site, Datasheetpro.com - Search Electronic Components ,...

gabriel1
replies: 19 views: 52,456
msbettyhunt 27th March 2020

Anyone who offers technical services should get themselves listed into the new member directory here... Gearslutz Directory:...

Tim Farrant
replies: 9 views: 41,542
msbettyhunt 24th March 2020

I have been collecting schematics for 30 years and 5 years ago I started make them available at my site www.SecretMind.dk but...

MicroSonic
replies: 78 views: 112,111
msbettyhunt 3rd March 2020

Hi! Hope you all doing good these hard and strange times. I have a issue with a DJ mixer I got and I treasure, it is a Behringer...

Maxir4k
replies: 3 views: 114
enginefire 31 minutes ago

Hi everyone, My Alesis M1 Active 360 died while giving off burnt plastic smell. The attached image shows the only place on the...

amu
replies: 2 views: 114
amu 43 minutes ago

Hi guys and gals, Quick question. I have just built my first diy project, an AML ez1073 pre. I'm at the calibration stage...

megatonemark
replies: 16 views: 3,122
Solderfreak 1 hour ago

hi, I am building a rack mount unit, i bought a IEC connector for the mains, that has a builtin 120/240 switch on the back on...

oxide54
replies: 12 views: 8,174
aries1470 2 hours ago

I would like to start a thread for all of you slutz out there that has any info or schematics on AMEKS BIG, Recall, and 501 by...

stevo991
replies: 35 views: 4,554
Matt Syson 4 hours ago

Hi I have an h949 I got fairly cheap ($850). The seller said the “master” pot was a little dirty and needed to simply be...

jml designs
replies: 0 views: 84
jml designs 12 hours ago

Hi, Anybody got a line on a capsule for the Sennheiser 409? Trying to resurrect a 409 that needs some help. Thanks in...

jrmprod
replies: 0 views: 79
jrmprod 13 hours ago

There has been alot of talk about importance of conversion in recording chain, and lots of people want to know which AD/DA chip...

Chagalj
replies: 489 views: 325,209
madriaan 1 day ago

Hey there, long time lurker, first post :-) I scored a pretty beat up Mackie CR1604 which is showing strange behaviour on three...

Tschibo00
replies: 0 views: 124
Tschibo00 1 day ago

We just had a "brown-out" here. The power went off for about a minute. It got me thinking that I should have a...

stixstudios
replies: 13 views: 289
Muser 1 day ago

Revving up to build one of these. I noticed that CAPI have now stopped using Ed Anderson trafos (EA2622) for their own design...

nomoreflakes
replies: 1 views: 141
nomoreflakes 1 day ago

Hey fellas. This is my first post on the Geekslutz section and I'm just a humble recording engineer who barely knows how to...

WarmJetGuitar
replies: 22 views: 1,191
WarmJetGuitar 1 day ago

Hey everyone... I have a Soundcraft Delta 8. I use the tape returns on the board for channels 1-16 from my DAW to the...

streber
replies: 5 views: 510
systo 1 day ago

Anyone have any opinions? I've read the R8 has more balls to it's sound plus the extra outs which I don't need plus I guess the...

Thisiscobras
replies: 4 views: 1,350
Thisiscobras 1 day ago

Hi Everyone , I don't have much D.I.Y. experience. I've seen videos of reverb made from Slinky's. I was considering making an...

alba359
replies: 3 views: 253
Philbo King 1 day ago

Hi everyone. I'm back for more wisdom and experience from the community. Thanks!!! I have a few old T powered...

Andrew Higgins
replies: 1 views: 263
Andrew Higgins 1 day ago

Today I just wanted to purchase my Presonus Q2 that I have been waiting for it for 3 weeks and suddenly saw a big red headline on...

AhooraMahone
replies: 7 views: 1,393
PeteJames 1 day ago

I just got a used supercheap Yamaha RM1X with small tactile switches for the keys. It seems that the previous owner have tried...

3stamme
replies: 1 views: 145
eatyourguitar 2 days ago

I have an original Alesis Microverb that I'd like to try reviving. It currently passes the dry signal OK, but there is no effect...

RobLewis
replies: 0 views: 104
RobLewis 2 days ago

Hi there, today I turned my Rev2496 on after some months since last time and it sadly seems to have died. When I press the...

Mastropiero
replies: 3 views: 565
Mastropiero 2 days ago

the capstan motor on my Otari locked up, when I opened the motor casing, a small plastic piece fell out, motor spins fine, that...

parpat
replies: 5 views: 1,061
Stereo Steve 2 days ago

If anyone is interested in building a matrix mixer in eurorack format, I have extra PCB to sell. I usually build one for myself...

eatyourguitar
replies: 0 views: 117
eatyourguitar 2 days ago

Hey slutz, I have a pair of Sputniks, and one of them is dead. Doesn't light up, and I've tried replacing the fuse. I sent it...

RaygunRS
replies: 4 views: 794
mjmajilton 2 days ago

PSA here. I've been using a Nektar Impact LX25+ for a couple years now without issue but yesterday it starting randomly blinking...

ill narrator
replies: 0 views: 117
ill narrator 3 days ago

Hi guys, so I copped this beauty recently and intend to use it as a summing card. However it is missing two of the opamps. They...

AtomicMidi
replies: 0 views: 148
AtomicMidi 3 days ago

Trying to get into building pedals, and I decided to do a clone of an MXR Distortion+ as my first build. The attached picture...

TwistedGlass
replies: 15 views: 351
Rick Dalton 3 days ago

Hi all. I've been into used and vintage audio stuff (stereos, speakers, synths, 80s/90s samplers, etc.) for years now and...

onlywhelmed
replies: 14 views: 366
uOpt 3 days ago

I could not find much online for this M-800 problem but it also seems to have affected the M-1400 big brother. Here is a website...

Blue280z
replies: 0 views: 125
Blue280z 3 days ago

I just bought a used Prophet 600 from a friend. After a bit of searching I was able to find a SYSEX file with the factory...

alexkywalker
replies: 4 views: 835
alexkywalker 3 days ago

Hi, I have a Golden Age COMP-54 compressor in for repair, the fault being meter needle slamming into the stop when the function...

traxcontrols
replies: 9 views: 1,708
ryandfaris 3 days ago

Hello Geekslutz I have started a recap on my Soundcraft Spirit Studio 24x8. I have no schematics or service manual for...

Sonic Lush
replies: 3 views: 229
Sonic Lush 3 days ago

Lately I've been working on several Eventide SP2016's. All are slightly different and came to me in various states of disrepair,...

David Kulka
replies: 29 views: 4,984
Gitou 4 days ago

Hi there, the tech directories aren't working so I thought Id post here. Sorry if it's against the rules. My usual techs are up...

Robb Robinson
replies: 1 views: 202
Robb Robinson 4 days ago

Hello I hope this is in the right forum. Sorry if it is not. My monitor Adam A7x started to make some crackles once in a...

claudioferrari
replies: 5 views: 267
12ax7 4 days ago

Is there a easy build for a very simple line-level (or mic level) passive high-pass filter? It's hard to find any designs catered...

PaRaNoId
replies: 55 views: 29,726
Cabirio 4 days ago

Given the current climate, I decided to see if I could make a ribbon mic for as little as possible, with some success! I...

Marcuswcw
replies: 4 views: 322
msbettyhunt 4 days ago

Hi fellow musicians, Some time ago I got this unit from a friend of mine, but it's battery collapsed a long time ago and the...

Hypothesis
replies: 16 views: 8,388
poldus 4 days ago

Hi everyone! I need to repair a Ddrum AT module : the trigger inputs are not working and i have distortion on outputs, and the...

Uby62
replies: 8 views: 1,073
Uby62 4 days ago

ive got my ramsa WR-s4416 sounding good by rolling chips and bypassing caps. while i have it pulled apart id like to give some...

buschfsu
replies: 3 views: 6,242
shibboleth 4 days ago

Who in hear has upgrade the tubes on the Art pro channel II? And which tubes would you guys recommend me? I specifically want it...

Cuki777
replies: 1 views: 170
breakmixer 4 days ago

I have to replace three Jupiter 6 100kb rotary potentiometers. I can’t seem to find replacements anywhere, and was hoping to...

quink333
replies: 1 views: 164
tINY 4 days ago

Hi - Don't know if anyone can help with this...I got a EV 664 Dynamic Cardioid mic for free from a guy who had evicted a studio...

JohnnyFree
replies: 26 views: 21,840
hho13 4 days ago

Anyone know of a single place online to buy these obscure “z” legs? They’re tubular and quite rare. Custom vintage...

jml designs
replies: 4 views: 271
Old Gretscher 5 days ago

U67 tube

I need to replace the tube in my U67. Any suggestions on which one( brand) i should use? Thanks

heromusic
replies: 35 views: 13,273
iLCacciLLo 5 days ago

Hi. I have a MURA DX-20V cardioid dynamic microphone (the long silver one people sometimes refer to as a "Bob Barker/Game...

superwack
replies: 2 views: 247
superwack 5 days ago

Today I've checked the frequency response of my Amek Blue Angela at few different outputs using Waves Q Clone and this is what...

smilan
replies: 4 views: 292
Skip Burrows 5 days ago

Hello! I’m thinking in make a couple of small mod on my meyer cp 10 eq. To replace the output op-amp with the sparkos ones...

Audiotales
replies: 9 views: 1,590
lagachette 6 days ago

Greetings, I hope everyone is doing well and keeping as safe as possible. I am currently fixing my polysix. I recently took...

polynoobsix
replies: 4 views: 288
NeilC 6 days ago

A little while ago I bought a second hand Orville - I only just finished wiring it up in my rack and starting to familiarize...

Bitsmith
replies: 2 views: 205
Bitsmith 6 days ago

I know I know... Was using a step down transformer with no issues but during a studio cleanup I've accidently plugged one of...

adamts13
replies: 7 views: 583
adamts13 6 days ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search