The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

The GUTZ

OK, something to spice up Geekslutz = here is where we post images of the INSIDE of audio equipment. Disclaimer; any photo...

Tim Farrant
replies: 1,161 views: 552,515
DGL 13 hours ago

I have been collecting schematics for 30 years and 5 years ago I started make them available at my site www.SecretMind.dk but...

MicroSonic
replies: 86 views: 119,011
waveterm 25th December 2020

DSP Innovations has recently launched a FREE data sheet search site. The site, Datasheetpro.com - Search Electronic Components ,...

gabriel1
replies: 19 views: 55,773
msbettyhunt 27th March 2020

Anyone who offers technical services should get themselves listed into the new member directory here... Gearslutz Directory:...

Tim Farrant
replies: 9 views: 44,812
msbettyhunt 24th March 2020

Does anyone know good DIY versions of this inline preamp? A schematic with high quality components would be excellent. Like what...

ickefes
replies: 47 views: 7,699
vincefedor 6 hours ago

Is is dangerous for a mic to plug in its XLR cable while the phantom power is switched on? Does this 48 volt jolt have any...

question
replies: 53 views: 31,447
Coconut_Head 7 hours ago

Hi there I have an MX5050 8 track Mk3 machine that is almost running perfectly. I had the heads recently relapped, which made...

tobeknows
replies: 1 views: 277
WTMNMF 7 hours ago

Following the passing of Rupert Neve I was pondering the longevity of his designs and others of the period versus the myriad...

ruffrecords
replies: 12 views: 273
Jim Williams 7 hours ago

Hey there, Im sourcing parts for a u48 build, and i was wondering if any of the mic experts could maybe lend me a hand, as i’m...

salomonander
replies: 3 views: 145
Radardoug 11 hours ago

Forward Hello fellow GS'ers! This is a reissue of a thread that I started over in the Cakewalk forums. It was immensely...

M.Retra
replies: 83 views: 25,868
jahberger 12 hours ago

Hello, Does anyone have the physical dimensions of a Royer 121; circumference, height, and so on? A friend wants to print a 3D...

trubadoor
replies: 2 views: 115
trubadoor 12 hours ago

Hey there, another akward question by me. I restore lots of old gear and always try to make it look as close as possible to the...

salomonander
replies: 9 views: 346
sin night 13 hours ago

Hello! I’ve recently had success in turning a small transistor radios into a portable guitar amplifiers and as such, I decided...

halloy
replies: 11 views: 414
cathode 13 hours ago

dear Geekslutz, I accidently fried a Matrix-1000 that was configured for 120 volt by plugging it into 220 volt - :facepalm:...

themachinesoul
replies: 9 views: 1,803
LarryBee 13 hours ago

I have a very nice incredible sounding vintage La3a modded by Jim Williams whcich i love and use every day, BUT, the lamp blows...

HansMues
replies: 8 views: 274
HansMues 14 hours ago

I am looking for a mic tech in Seattle. I can do some diy stuff, but when I reach the limits of my skill level, I would like to...

Prince Vision
replies: 1 views: 180
Prince Vision 14 hours ago

hello people! recently got a used srv330 in overall good shape and working condition, however the Alpha jog wheel doesn't seem...

xRepx
replies: 11 views: 383
Confucio 18 hours ago

Now that I'm scrutinizing and modding my Soundcraft 800B, I noticed there's a bad spot in one of the ribbon cables--creates noise...

jnashguitar
replies: 10 views: 5,114
rsarkar 19 hours ago

Hi there guys! We've just recently acquired a beautiful SSL 4052 with G+ computer from another studio to our studio in the...

deRoland
replies: 4 views: 2,934
guinga 22 hours ago

Hello Folks, wondering if anyone has the manual for the ADR express limiter that they would be so kind as to share....

drplywood
replies: 9 views: 2,872
rjb5191 1 day ago

Hey there. This might be a silly question... and maybe even a silly question where the answer depends on so many factors its...

WarmJetGuitar
replies: 3 views: 183
golden_ears 1 day ago

Hi, Anyone has the schematic for the DSP board of the lexicon pcm81? I got an old revision (DSP board revision 00) and the only...

nickstomp
replies: 0 views: 107
nickstomp 2 days ago

I have a 2 - LSR6328P monitors. The 8" lf in one of them is sounding low in volume and distorted. I've swapped out the...

mrjoeaudio
replies: 0 views: 123
mrjoeaudio 2 days ago

I'm looking to build a very simple A/B balanced stereo switcher box. I have 2 preamp channels that I want to be able to quickly,...

drewharris
replies: 6 views: 394
drewharris 2 days ago

Posted this over in the main forum, but no joy... Not much to find on a search, either here or on the net, so I'll do my...

myles
replies: 10 views: 9,738
GuitarPimp 2 days ago

Hi everybody! My TC Electronic M5000 needs a battery replacement. The battery keeps all license codes on a device, which...

Alex Kretov
replies: 2 views: 272
smartfreq 2 days ago

Hi there I have been working on my s900. Replacing the disk drive with a gotek, and also replacing the screen. The disk...

knob twiddler
replies: 2 views: 252
b2001bt 2 days ago

I have located a small number of NOS a/d converters for the Lexicon PCM 80 PCM 90 series of digital reverbs that I am using for...

TMI
replies: 132 views: 30,512
nickstomp 2 days ago

I have a Made in China (alas) Lexicon PCM81 (REV 3 with REV 1 DSP board). Upon normal power on, it goes through the various boot...

parousia
replies: 4 views: 1,380
nickstomp 2 days ago

This is the first thread I think I've started here. I want to admit I am a GearSlut. Right now, I think i would be...

Sense_A
replies: 5 views: 594
jackies 2 days ago

Hi, Where can I buy a Lindell 1731 OpAmp in the UK (not Europe) ? Many thanks

Iscape
replies: 0 views: 136
Iscape 2 days ago

Im doing some maintenance to my Ursa Major 8x32. It has problems with the tactical switches, sometimes they double trigger and...

BHW
replies: 2 views: 248
rowsbywoof 2 days ago

Says it's disabled... anybody know how can I register? I wanted to ask some questions about Hairball's preamp kits over there and...

Deleted c117a9d
replies: 67 views: 5,143
hotfingers 2 days ago

Hi all, I'm hoping the hive mind can help me with this problem that has stumped me, as well as a local studio tech. There are...

Lewis Robertson
replies: 87 views: 12,308
Lewis Robertson 3 days ago

I have recently acquired a Roland Bolt-30 guitar amp which is of hybrid design, featuring a solid state pre amp with a pair of ...

dialectic
replies: 3 views: 217
Rick Dalton 3 days ago

this seems to be an ideal candidate to turn into a stunner. good bones but hopeing i can make it shine. i love the...

buschfsu
replies: 40 views: 23,344
chaosium 3 days ago

I have a Yamaha SY77 with a whining inverter. I've read that the problem is extremely common. It doesn't bleed into the outputs...

Eggbread
replies: 1 views: 544
lakehousememory 3 days ago

I bought a WA-2A off of eBay a while back, and I’m increasingly convinced it’s not working right. I don’t have access to...

skrasms
replies: 1 views: 168
skrasms 3 days ago

I've been looking at this MOTU M4 because 1) I like the DAC and ADC chips, 2) inputs 3/4 are line level only and don't have...

guitarburrito
replies: 1 views: 157
rez 3 days ago

so i picked up a fostex xr7 4 track in mint condition....i want to use it's 4 tape outs (which are rca) going into my mixer...

hinterlandwho
replies: 3 views: 350
cyrano 4 days ago

So I recently purchased an old Mackie 8 Bus, I made sure to test it before buying and everything sounded good besides a little...

DCsLostBoy
replies: 13 views: 456
Rick Dalton 4 days ago

Hi guys I've posted this at another sub forum, I hope this is the right place for the thread. My Roland JV1080 keeps turning...

claudioferrari
replies: 0 views: 141
claudioferrari 4 days ago

Hi! I just recently purchased the Slate VMS System (Pre-amp and Slate ML-1 Mic). I'm having alot of issues with gain staging,...

DavidCasalinova
DavidCasalinova 4 days ago

I am building some cables using Mogami W2930 and Neutrik NC3MXX-EMC. The W2930 has a shield and a drain wire. Normally, with...

wildplum
replies: 2 views: 178
kirkus 4 days ago

I want to generate an analog test tone (1kHz sine wave at +4dBu) from my sequencer (Cubase which has a digital tone generator...

amathie
replies: 13 views: 12,069
Matt Syson 5 days ago

Ok so I think I have read every post about this I could find on the internet, and nothing suggested in any of those threads has...

Simpleton
replies: 18 views: 554
David Rick 5 days ago

I'm using a Groove Tubes CL1s Compressor/Limiter in studio and I want to calibrate the tubes of the CL1s ... so I need the right...

macmini
replies: 27 views: 3,845
Crash 5 days ago

So I've pulled out of storage my VERY CLEAN TS-10, and have been enjoying it again. Seems ONE button has gone wonky over...

RonF
RonF 5 days ago

I have been waiting on approval for some time now. If anybody on here can help me get approved it would be greatly appreciated....

Mister Karloff
replies: 10 views: 826
vashuba 5 days ago

Hi all two weeks ago I've looked about the Universal Audio Apollo x8 at the main online store (Sweetwater, Thoman) and I saw the...

Amirmi
replies: 2 views: 225
Amirmi 5 days ago

Hello! I've been having a small issue with my Blue Dragonfly mic lately. I love the tone of it, but there has been a strange...

mikexmike
replies: 7 views: 415
Thomas W. Bethe 5 days ago

Hi All ... I posted this on the Guitars and Pedals forum, however no joy there, so I'm trying here! I recently acquired a...

horiprod
replies: 0 views: 149
horiprod 6 days ago

Hello fellow geekslutz, I’ve been a big fan of these Orban 111b spring reverbs first quite a while. At one time, I shot my...

iangomes
replies: 7 views: 893
iangomes 6 days ago

Hi all, Yesterday evening/night my trusty Digi002R died on me, which came at a very bad time as I had recordings today...

Basite
replies: 30 views: 7,883
davetech 6 days ago

Moderators