The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Geekslutz forum

Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

The GUTZ

OK, something to spice up Geekslutz = here is where we post images of the INSIDE of audio equipment. Disclaimer; any photo...

Tim Farrant
replies: 1,064 views: 442,403
Kronos147 1 week ago

I have been collecting schematics for 30 years and 5 years ago I started make them available at my site www.SecretMind.dk but...

MicroSonic
replies: 65 views: 79,860
Tony cheese 5th January 2018

DSP Innovations has recently launched a FREE data sheet search site. The site, Datasheetpro.com - Search Electronic Components ,...

gabriel1
replies: 16 views: 38,217
ponzi 27th October 2017

Anyone who offers technical services should get themselves listed into the new member directory here... Gearslutz Directory:...

Tim Farrant
replies: 8 views: 27,247
Aniol1349 10th June 2017

Hello Everyone, Don't really have a presence on Gearslutz but I have reached an impasse and I desperately need some help and...

Arioch
replies: 0 views: 35
Arioch 1 hour ago

I have an old but great sounding AKG BX-15 spring reverb that I'm just giving the once over. It's all working fine with the...

Rocketnmber10
replies: 1 views: 902
uijui 2 hours ago

Have an old T912 sitting around.. seems to work mostly, but when running there is a banging/knocking noise. Any idea what...

biggator6
replies: 1 views: 230
Richard Crowley 4 hours ago

Hey guys, one day suddenly one of my KRK rokit monitor significantly dropped in volume. After turning them on and off again,...

Freddy94
replies: 0 views: 71
Freddy94 4 hours ago

Seeking a bit of guidance on my UK mains installation. little rooms \ project studio __________________ / | c | ...

forestcreature
replies: 8 views: 238
forestcreature 5 hours ago

Forward Hello fellow GS'ers! This is a reissue of a thread that I started over in the Cakewalk forums. It was immensely...

M.Retra
replies: 23 views: 1,802
Richard Crowley 13 hours ago

Hello all! I've been (almost) happy Dayner owner for about 3 years now, and as with all older desks there have been some...

Jkunelius
replies: 0 views: 199
Jkunelius 20 hours ago

Excuse the crosspost from the Mastering forum, but I'm looking for a tech or shop that specializes in repairing obsolete vintage...

Jeff Willens
replies: 5 views: 545
magneticfidelity 22 hours ago

Hello, My recent ill advised purchase of a beautiful Scully 280 has put me in the rabbit hole of schematics. All seems to...

OHM GHOST
replies: 21 views: 696
12ax7 22 hours ago

Hi I'm new here so not sure if this is the right place to post this... I have an EMU AUDITY 2000 that isn't well, it is on OS...

stonevibe
replies: 8 views: 4,039
s4zando 23 hours ago

Hi! First I'd like to say I'm new here and that I've been gigging professionally for about a year and a half and things are...

NickFaulconer
replies: 2 views: 250
Poinzy 23 hours ago

Which brands and models of USB interfaces have the best: 1) Pre-amps. 2) Antialiasing filters.

heavymetalmixer
replies: 4 views: 289
Richard Crowley 1 day ago

There has been alot of talk about importance of conversion in recording chain, and lots of people want to know which AD/DA chip...

Chagalj
replies: 374 views: 237,818
soundebler 1 day ago

Soooooo, Both amps in my ASP8s developed the same failure within a few months of each other - the woofer pulses/thumps even...

aaeronn
replies: 36 views: 6,732
ASP Electronics 1 day ago

Hi-- I have some minor problems with certain audio cards that my tech Dan Zellman believes to be related to caps on the audio...

mattwa1sh
replies: 1 views: 325
Jim Williams 1 day ago

Here’s the poop. Master outs are unbalanced and go to tape. Years ago I tapped the headphone monitor leads at the PCB and...

Brian M. Boykin
replies: 3 views: 378
Jim Williams 1 day ago

I'm thinking about getting an analogue synthetic clap generator like a Boss HC-2 and I'm not sure wether it would be a good idea...

FrankWagner
replies: 2 views: 370
FrankWagner 1 day ago

Hello, I don't know how that happened, but some buttons on my Roland A-500PRO were damaged. That's really strange because the...

HC7UY
replies: 0 views: 309
HC7UY 2 days ago

Hi guys and gals, Quick question. I have just built my first diy project, an AML ez1073 pre. I'm at the calibration stage...

megatonemark
replies: 7 views: 751
Pollobailando 2 days ago

Hi I recently bought a hand built Tube based channel strip. It has 3 impedence selections, line, 500 Ohm and 1.2k. As I was...

Mr Funk
replies: 23 views: 698
Mr Funk 2 days ago

Hi, Does anyone knows about some website with informations about ADDA converters builds in audio interfaces? For example: I...

Monroy
replies: 2 views: 342
Monroy 2 days ago

Was gifted a pair of NS10s with one blown woofer. Replacements have more than tripled in price so I decided to try the recone kit...

Bramley
replies: 29 views: 6,025
stevep 2 days ago

Hey all, I've got a furman system, which uses 2 ethernet cords. The cords hang off the units, stressing the cable. They also...

spice house
replies: 3 views: 303
dfchandler 2 days ago

Anyone have a copy of this? If a parts list is available, that would be a bonus :). - Thanks

Fader Biscuit
replies: 2 views: 368
Fader Biscuit 2 days ago

HI, I'm looking to do some mods to this little Kesley mixer, beyond a recap bypass caps thing.. and would appreciate Some chiming...

leeharveyosmond
replies: 0 views: 349
leeharveyosmond 3 days ago

So I was wondering if it would be able to tweak the vca and the limiter circuit in a way to make it a nicer 3:1 compressor with a...

Nutmeg II.
replies: 3 views: 894
LiveWire 3 days ago

Semi rookie here. Is this what a fried trace looks like? Just confirming what I’m already pretty sure of.

Brian M. Boykin
replies: 31 views: 674
Brian M. Boykin 4 days ago

Hello ma dudez, It is coming up to dissertation season where I am and as such my title and hypothesis are as...

JJproduction
replies: 5 views: 384
gyraf 4 days ago

Hey folks, This is concerning squeezing more gain out of channel strips that have been racked up and wired to go directly out...

Jonk
replies: 4 views: 567
Matt Syson 4 days ago

One fellow in a FB group said that it simulates "tube sound". What it is actually, and how it works?

Wavebourn
replies: 0 views: 266
Wavebourn 4 days ago

Working on a couple JCM 900s for a guy, swapping power tubes and rebiasing. One was the model that came with 5881s and the...

B. Toast
replies: 4 views: 459
Vitalis 4 days ago

Hi folks, I was thinking of upgrading the summing and output drivers in my console., they use NE5532's for this. I've noticed...

PartHunter
replies: 6 views: 546
Jim Williams 4 days ago

Hello. A year ago I pulled out the Opamps for the line inputs and the fader buffers on my Trident 24 desk. In the Line Input...

firby
replies: 5 views: 360
Jim Williams 4 days ago

Hi guys, I`m looking for the SPDIF brand - photo attached. There is a logo of bat on the connector. Thanks for hint.

aljaz
replies: 43 views: 814
monomer 5 days ago

I used to buy Belden 46349 https://catalog.belden.com/techdata/EN/BE46349_techdata.pdf for all my unbalanced cable needs...

belzrebuth
replies: 4 views: 316
belzrebuth 5 days ago

hey, i have a broken lexicon 224 here that im stuck with. i was never able to use it - i bought it broken for a steal. problem...

salomonander
replies: 12 views: 519
salomonander 5 days ago

While the Emu Emax service manual covers a good portion of the circuitry, one key element that is primarily glossed over or...

Rasputin1916
replies: 6 views: 857
tdot 5 days ago

Hi. I'm using an Orion 32+ with Pro tools 12 LE and having issues with setting up the HW insert delay for the Orion. Has...

DavidAshman
replies: 1 views: 448
sdiazmun 5 days ago

One of the peak level (VU) meters in my Focusrite ISA 428 has stopped moving. The needle won’t jump when a signal is fed...

filmcomposer
replies: 1 views: 328
Richard Crowley 6 days ago

Hi, cross posting with the electronic music forum, just in case. Forgot to change the battery and now the a6 refuses to...

dalshim
replies: 0 views: 252
dalshim 6 days ago

Hello, I'm trying to piece my studio back together, and am trying to figure out if it is worthwhile to restore this Quantum...

chunger
replies: 12 views: 2,365
belstudios 6 days ago

I bought a NOS McOne some time ago and it's obvious that some of the parts are not the best quality. That's to be expected from...

auralart
replies: 19 views: 1,008
Matt Syson 6 days ago

Hi all, I've got a Casio VZ-10m that turns on but does not output any sound. All outputs are dead silent. I tried the...

belzrebuth
replies: 3 views: 346
belzrebuth 1 week ago

Does anyone know if the microphone-parts RK-12 (sold on microphone-parts.com for $159) and the Rayking RK12 (sold on Alibaba for...

VitaEtMusica
replies: 0 views: 341
VitaEtMusica 1 week ago

I am interested in replacing a switching power supply with a very good linear power supply and I'm looking for some...

Toolbag
replies: 16 views: 1,520
tINY 1 week ago

I recently purchased a Soundcraft PSM290 PSU that was modified to power my Soundtracs 16:8:16 mixing board (modification was the...

RichTone
replies: 0 views: 313
RichTone 1 week ago

Developing new enhanced Dolby B version, far more advanced than standard. Standard B is also supported and switchable between B...

Chapai
replies: 29 views: 733
Chapai 1 week ago

If anyone can help me, or give me suggestions that I can investigate to fix this problem, that would be great. I have a Fostex...

noelp
replies: 2 views: 309
noelp 1 week ago

I have begun making modifications to an old Univox Maxi-Korg synthesizer. When I bought the unit it was partially functioning...

Hollowman9
replies: 18 views: 736
Hollowman9 1 week ago

Hello, Finding information on units like this is seemingly difficult. I have a circa 1995 Tube Tech PE1C that I've sort of...

Thecmarus
replies: 4 views: 474
griploc_1981 1 week ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search