The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

The GUTZ

OK, something to spice up Geekslutz = here is where we post images of the INSIDE of audio equipment. Disclaimer; any photo...

Tim Farrant
replies: 1,158 views: 549,805
soundebler 1 week ago

I have been collecting schematics for 30 years and 5 years ago I started make them available at my site www.SecretMind.dk but...

MicroSonic
replies: 86 views: 118,242
waveterm 3 weeks ago

DSP Innovations has recently launched a FREE data sheet search site. The site, Datasheetpro.com - Search Electronic Components ,...

gabriel1
replies: 19 views: 55,314
msbettyhunt 27th March 2020

Anyone who offers technical services should get themselves listed into the new member directory here... Gearslutz Directory:...

Tim Farrant
replies: 9 views: 44,366
msbettyhunt 24th March 2020

Hello everyone! I recently changed all the pots in my Revox A77 MK2. Because some of them were broken, I could not measure...

felixmcore
replies: 5 views: 266
ruffrecords 3 hours ago

I'm looking to build a very simple A/B balanced stereo switcher box. I have 2 preamp channels that I want to be able to quickly,...

drewharris
replies: 4 views: 181
ruffrecords 3 hours ago

Hi peeps, I'm wanting to get my korg m1 serviced but I'm poor and worried about the cost, does anybody know (roughly) what the...

Adam12345678
replies: 2 views: 135
Adam12345678 4 hours ago

Hi! I have a photo of my grandmother at the start of her radio career, and would love to know what kind of mic she is posing with...

Diana McC
replies: 2 views: 247
Diana McC 8 hours ago

Hi , Iam making an u48 now I struggled with a resistor of 150megaohm. Look at the pic of scematic u48. How many W should it be.

QueenSisi
replies: 4 views: 247
QueenSisi 16 hours ago

I've recently gotten the mentioned unit plus a TR-707 and MKS-30 for a laugh. Today I tested it and it made sound for about a...

trondl
replies: 11 views: 2,106
clausi 17 hours ago

Hey guys! I’m a student helping to create the Buttons project. With this project, we're creating a service for making custom...

ButtonBoy
replies: 1 views: 567
Avril.Fr 20 hours ago

hi could not find anywhere a service manual or schematic of studiomaster series 5 mixer. Series 3 did not matter. please help!...

martinusbaum
replies: 0 views: 80
martinusbaum 20 hours ago

Hi there, I have been researching Attenuation for guitar amps. I currently have: AMPS: 15 watt Fender Super Champ X2 50...

codeowl
replies: 1 views: 195
Arthur Stone 22 hours ago

Is there a way to confirm that a dry guitar or bass signal coming out of the instrument's pickups is the same once that same...

rp3703
replies: 3 views: 127
rp3703 22 hours ago

Hi all! Today I was messing with my amplification setup and accidentally turned on my Crown xti 4002 without any speakers...

bassmuse
replies: 14 views: 288
Rick Dalton 22 hours ago

Hello, I'm looking to buy a UTC HA-100X (vintage), is anyone selling one?

u929
replies: 1 views: 140
Thomas W. Bethe 1 day ago

Hi. I'd like to add transformer colouring in my processing chain, I've been reading a bit on how it works, but it would be nice...

ma_headphone
replies: 7 views: 574
cbc6403 1 day ago

Turned on my ghost 32 power supply and it died on me. CPS 275. No power to the board, fan stopped also. The center and right...

arch1
replies: 33 views: 2,844
Zupe 1 day ago

Hi there, trying to determine if my power transformer has failed, very difficult for me to get to a good technician (im in west...

dimebucker5
replies: 5 views: 154
David Kulka 1 day ago

Hi guys - I just moved to a new place (i'm in CA, USA) and all of my guitars and amps are now picking up quite a nasty bit of...

marcus_k
replies: 19 views: 722
blueNan 2 days ago

Hey all I'm recapping my Soundcraft 6000 console and thought I'd make an excel file of the caps in each of the units. I don't...

Studio ManCave
replies: 17 views: 6,210
Natethekill 2 days ago

It looks like DBX does not have spare part meters of their obsolete DBX 162 SL compressor. What I have found are meters without...

Boris_partys
replies: 2 views: 261
Boris_partys 2 days ago

After building a Command 8 power supply, I’m going to attempt a power supply for my Rane Hc6 (noted as a RS-2 rather than...

golden_ears
replies: 5 views: 326
analogguru 2 days ago

Hi all I'm a long time reader of this forum, and a newly registered member, from Paris, France. I bought a Yamaha SPX90...

thomasdf
replies: 189 views: 24,781
rjb5191 2 days ago

Hi everyone, when ever i use my boss fs7 footswitch with my looper i get this noise as soon as i press a key on piano, it's all...

Adam12345678
replies: 0 views: 98
Adam12345678 2 days ago

Hi, this is my first real post here and I just wanted to thank everyone for all the incredibly valuable information I’ve soaked...

James Meger
replies: 2 views: 157
Thomas W. Bethe 3 days ago

Hi good people, I'm wanting to use the korg m1 vst with boss rc 505 but cant seem to get the vst to communicate with rc 505, (I...

Adam12345678
replies: 0 views: 117
Adam12345678 3 days ago

I just got a soundtracs FMX off a friend for free. Nice mixer. Running it into dynaudio BM5A.With no inputs plugged into it, all...

Jobot
replies: 0 views: 99
Jobot 3 days ago

Hi, Have some nice vintage xformers here, And been thinking of building a DI box. Guitar/bass in- XLR + unbal out. Any...

Mr. Tom
replies: 1 views: 139
cbc6403 3 days ago

Here is the replacement relay for K101 on Tascam Tape Decks 32. 34 and 38. Took a while to find but it works great! The...

Thomas W. Bethe
replies: 0 views: 112
Thomas W. Bethe 3 days ago

Says it's disabled... anybody know how can I register? I wanted to ask some questions about Hairball's preamp kits over there and...

Deleted c117a9d
replies: 54 views: 4,347
James Meger 3 days ago

I´m planing to build a mutron III clone. Most of the parts are no problem but maybe someone can suggest an opto coupler for the...

Rubbl
replies: 3 views: 303
Cylon Centurion 3 days ago

Hi there, does anyone know how to get vst to communicate with foucusrite 2i2 scarlett ? Thanks Adam...

Adam12345678
replies: 4 views: 248
Adam12345678 3 days ago

Hello, my good ole Radial X-Amp (old version, blue chassis) suddenly died after remaining turned on for some hours in a row. You...

nitraus
replies: 2 views: 212
nitraus 3 days ago

Hi there ! Has anyone replaced the rotary encoder on a Sony DPS unit ? I have a DPS-F7 that has a broken rotary encoder. It...

waveterm
replies: 1 views: 143
waveterm 4 days ago

Hello, I'm trying to fix a Roland HP 2900g, but i can't find a schematic or a service manual. A small transistor...

owai
replies: 15 views: 3,169
Jovlie 4 days ago

Hi to all, I'm new here! Few moments ago my beloved Prophecy died - it wont turn on. I feel really bad, had it just for over a...

denmla
replies: 15 views: 416
Rick Dalton 4 days ago

I have a Tapco 4400a spring reverb on long-term borrow that I finally got around to testing. I know these things are noisy, but...

wadesey
replies: 6 views: 461
wadesey 5 days ago

Hey guys, I just got a used Alta Moda Hippo compressor off of Reverb for a pretty good deal. Apart from some cosmetic issues,...

JJSound21
replies: 2 views: 671
Audio Atelier 5 days ago
replies: 0 views: 173
FMunny 5 days ago

Well I’m dead in the water it seems, after rebuilding the power supply I tracked down the 2-prong ac cable today and while the...

plutoniq
replies: 5 views: 890
maxbobo 5 days ago

#35 1 minute ago I know this is an old thread but I am in dire need of some assistance. I own a VX2 and I pulled my studio...

CeeNotez
replies: 0 views: 144
CeeNotez 5 days ago

Hi folks. I am looking for a service manual for a Korg DT-1 Pro. This is the rack version of the tuner. Specifically I am looking...

5stringfretless
replies: 1 views: 349
LoveRawk69 5 days ago

Hi all. I just received a pair NS-10Ms from Japan. Good price and I was told they are fully working. One of the woofers isn’t...

davidsound
replies: 2 views: 247
davidsound 5 days ago

Hi guys, I live outside the US and the main power supplies here run at 230-240v. I just had a friend in the states pick me...

jayc
replies: 8 views: 2,208
ang3l 5 days ago

hello! finally joining the forum after years of lurking to make this thread... I have a Yamaha DX7 (mk.1) I got given a couple...

el foarko
replies: 10 views: 434
el foarko 5 days ago

Hi, Having some major buzz in my system. Not electrical ground related me thinks. Read somewhere here that when building a...

Mr. Tom
replies: 2 views: 186
Mr. Tom 6 days ago

Hi-- I have some minor problems with certain audio cards that my tech Dan Zellman believes to be related to caps on the audio...

mattwa1sh
replies: 5 views: 934
WarmJetGuitar 6 days ago

OK this is freaking me out - with music playing and the monitors cut, I hear music coming from my Vari Mu... like there's a...

alloysound
replies: 22 views: 2,556
Matt Syson 6 days ago

Hi GEARSLUTZ I own a brand new tube tech cl1b compressor and is not working when the compressor is engaged. When bypassed the...

griploc_1981
replies: 42 views: 7,161
Matt Syson 6 days ago

Hey there, another question if you guys dont mind. I need to clean these alps rotary switches. now, the hifi freaks seem to...

salomonander
replies: 7 views: 342
salomonander 6 days ago

So you'll have to forgive my terminologies here, as I've kind of stumbled into all this on a journey of discovery, so I'll likely...

TequilaKez
replies: 29 views: 734
TequilaKez 6 days ago

There has been alot of talk about importance of conversion in recording chain, and lots of people want to know which AD/DA chip...

Chagalj
replies: 538 views: 355,838
play.exe 6 days ago

Tonight the 17v +/- lights went out on my power supply. I have yet to remove it from the rack, but I was curious to see if anyone...

recordinghopkins
replies: 159 views: 30,423
Jim Williams 6 days ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search