The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Supported By Beesneez Pro Audio
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

The GUTZ

OK, something to spice up Geekslutz = here is where we post images of the INSIDE of audio equipment. Disclaimer; any photo...

Tim Farrant
replies: 1,121 views: 501,166
Lumbergh 2 weeks ago

I have been collecting schematics for 30 years and 5 years ago I started make them available at my site www.SecretMind.dk but...

MicroSonic
replies: 72 views: 100,270
hebjam 30th August 2019

DSP Innovations has recently launched a FREE data sheet search site. The site, Datasheetpro.com - Search Electronic Components ,...

gabriel1
replies: 16 views: 47,776
ponzi 27th October 2017

Anyone who offers technical services should get themselves listed into the new member directory here... Gearslutz Directory:...

Tim Farrant
replies: 8 views: 36,730
Aniol1349 10th June 2017

Hey Gang Has anybody else had this problem? I am getting no sound from the main, direct, or headphone outs. I reinitalized the...

e_just
replies: 7 views: 2,692
Octobus 57 minutes ago

Can you recommend me the best tube to use with spl mk2-t vitalizer? Unit has stock Sovtek 12AX7LPS tubes (one operating in stereo...

sat159p1
replies: 15 views: 3,748
Sound Arch 2 hours ago

I picked up a Wavestation keyboard a couple of months ago. Aside from a dead battery and typical failing/dead backlight with the...

Thisiscobras
replies: 6 views: 1,016
MacroDX 7 hours ago

Im trying for the third time to correctly connect a Sony SRA-3 preamp to a neutrik 1/4" patch bay. The Sony has TS mic in,...

camadair
replies: 0 views: 82
camadair 7 hours ago

Hey guys, yesterday i turned my moog subphatty on, and i realised that the white noise wasn't working anymore (you can mix 2 OSC...

Jpastor
replies: 3 views: 258
MacroDX 7 hours ago

I'm trying to put a 240x60 6963 style LED screen into a device that uses a 12 pin, 4bit protocol instead of the usual 22 pin, 8...

bubblebash
replies: 4 views: 172
DrewE 9 hours ago

Hello all, About a week ago my left studio monitor (krk vxt8) started making a horrible crackling and popping noise. I tested it...

Silos
replies: 13 views: 3,274
kevinbuckley70 19 hours ago

I set a J201 up as a self-biased common source amp with 24V DC supply. I have about 15dB of clean gain, pleasant symmetrical...

forestcreature
replies: 1 views: 160
tINY 20 hours ago

Hi, I have a late 80's Soundcraft Series 6000 which is no longer in use @ the studio however I always liked the flavour of the...

hally
replies: 0 views: 151
hally 1 day ago

Hi, I've come a long way and I'm working my way through fixing a DR 110 I picked up second hand and there appears to have been...

iaw1978
replies: 3 views: 169
Jim Williams 1 day ago

I just picked up a REV2496 V-Verb and the display seems a little washed out with some faint lines running down it. I'm wondering...

ab2010
replies: 0 views: 122
ab2010 1 day ago

I'm hoping to confirm that the underside of the Presonus Firestudio has screws or some kind of grounding/fastener that connects...

bubblebash
replies: 1 views: 159
bubblebash 2 days ago

Tonight the 17v +/- lights went out on my power supply. I have yet to remove it from the rack, but I was curious to see if anyone...

recordinghopkins
replies: 138 views: 25,996
ronerone 2 days ago

Hi, im cabling my Bantam Patchbay. And i have a question about the connectors. On TRS Cables the tip is hot(red or blue),...

xxxxxl
replies: 2 views: 179
David Kulka 2 days ago

Hi all, first post for me here after years of lurking. Background: I'm a technician working my way from the homestudio level...

change_01
replies: 12 views: 5,675
AceFireForce117 3 days ago

I'm about to undertake some mods to my VLA and thought it would be fun for anyone else keen to do the same to join in the...

gouge
replies: 20 views: 5,614
dshodge 3 days ago

Hi I have a Scarlet 18i20 audio interface that is working well with the exception of one audio input (CH 3). it does detect...

tame1
replies: 0 views: 138
tame1 3 days ago

I have a Yamaha EM1800 PA mixer that someone gave me and I want to add direct outs to each channel and use it to record with. ...

DCT3
replies: 6 views: 1,104
Brian M. Boykin 3 days ago

I'm working on my friend's CR-78 trying to repair what apparently is the dreaded battery leak / corrosion on the traces. I've...

whinylittlerunt
replies: 2 views: 229
whinylittlerunt 3 days ago

Can anyone tell me how to replace this type of battery? It's an Oberheim Prommer. Do I desolder the leads at the pcb, or do I...

morebutter
replies: 5 views: 2,015
RonF 3 days ago

Hi all! I have one of these channel strips which has finally given up after many years almost non-stop operation. I guess it's...

nucelar
replies: 9 views: 5,184
xxxxxl 3 days ago

This is a guide for replacing the screen in the Akai S900/950. The lcd screen was $8 it is a blue background with white script,...

seaborg
replies: 10 views: 2,079
elcct 3 days ago

HI, I'm searching around and can't seem to find the difference between these two. About to order a bunch of cables from Redco so...

WarWeasel
replies: 8 views: 7,235
mbuetow 3 days ago

Hi all, I remember years ago seeing the schematic of a 60hz-120VAC generator to be used for US Hammond used in europe...

jpdesroc
replies: 2 views: 201
jpdesroc 3 days ago

Hi there...I am a newbie to the site. I just found a virtually unused jvc cd-1770 and wondering if it is a true 4 track...

shoffer
replies: 2 views: 803
nucelar 4 days ago

I have completed a new track which needs bit mixing and mastering that i want to sell for $50 I want to buy a ukulele so bad...

notfairchild
replies: 5 views: 470
enginefire 4 days ago

Hello guys, I've got an Seeport mixer from Seem Audio which needs some sevice. Does anyone has an service manual or...

Soundzman
replies: 1 views: 732
Microphoniac 4 days ago

I wonder if I can get some thoughts on how possible this is. The PM2000 has 33K summing resistors going into the...

Jonk
replies: 17 views: 531
Radardoug 4 days ago

I have a simple JFET buffer that sounded reasonable when I breadboarded it, but the simulation suggests some questions. I would...

forestcreature
replies: 11 views: 1,048
forestcreature 4 days ago

I just bought this speaker and I admit that my expectations were not too high. But because the price was good, I gave it a...

sott
replies: 15 views: 1,181
TVPostSound 4 days ago

Just recently acquired two Dbx 165a's. Both have switchable mains voltage and the person I purchased them off switched the...

DavidT
replies: 3 views: 239
Jim Williams 4 days ago

Do these work? I ran across them building a parts list for a power supply for my console. I don’t really have an EMI/RFI...

Brian M. Boykin
replies: 3 views: 187
Jim Williams 4 days ago

Hi everyone, I’m currently restoring an Amek BCII (large frame size) studio format console. I bought it without power supplies....

Yashoda
replies: 0 views: 157
Yashoda 5 days ago

I'm just hoping to understand what's going on here... Here are some links to pics of a vintage AKG (Dyn 60 K, probably late...

Cashhewn
replies: 0 views: 161
Cashhewn 5 days ago

My D&R Octagon has dynamics for the channels. The circuit uses a THAT 4301 VCA. The compressors work fine, very clean... to...

stevep
replies: 14 views: 407
elcct 5 days ago

Hey, I have an RME Fireface and a Presonus D8 8 channel Microphone Preamp. I want to add a Focusrite MKII 8 channel mic preamp...

Glennmusic
replies: 8 views: 247
Glennmusic 6 days ago

Welcome to exactly what the title of this thread suggests! And let me go straight to the disclaimer for all you millennial-,...

okkokkokko
replies: 77 views: 5,809
2Low 6 days ago

The USB port on my Fireface UCX was damaged due to a VBUS overvoltage. The UCX still works perfectly by using the Firewire port...

freefall322
replies: 0 views: 167
freefall322 6 days ago

Hi, I've had this pultec looking (and sounding) EQ for a while, it looks the same from the outside except the studio that owned...

Sadomiso
replies: 1 views: 213
David Kulka 6 days ago

Forward Hello fellow GS'ers! This is a reissue of a thread that I started over in the Cakewalk forums. It was immensely...

M.Retra
replies: 40 views: 10,700
M.Retra 1 week ago

Hi! I wanted to ask what type of connectors these are? They came out of Studer half-track. Thanks!

jimj3114
replies: 1 views: 400
mrfantastic 1 week ago

Hey everyone! I have lurked through posts of this forum for some time, and you all are always very helpful. I decided to make my...

xRaBBiTx
replies: 7 views: 7,480
Goodguy 1 week ago

Hi all, I hope I am posting in the correct spot. I am having an issue that is causing low sensitivity. Basically my mic isn't...

Glsec507
replies: 1 views: 207
pkuchar 1 week ago

I recently bought a Lexicon Prime Time 93 from the U.S. It apparently left in good condition but arrived with the delay circuit...

mahoor
replies: 17 views: 4,603
littlem4tt 1 week ago

Machine has been sitting for a while. A friend brought it by to transfer an old DAT to cd. We inserted the dat and it made a...

Louderock
replies: 2 views: 1,826
ReeseWin 1 week ago

Ok I have a 4x12 cab with 16 ohm speakers, How would I go about wiring these things so that they are 8 ohm? I found this......

Halloween
replies: 24 views: 20,318
jimbow 1 week ago

Does anyone have any good tips for soldering DB25 connectors to an 8 channel snake? I finally gave in and ordered myself a...

Fishy1500
replies: 107 views: 45,429
BHW 1 week ago

We travel with a Soundcraft Si Impact. Upon powering up the desk at a remote site, the previous show failed to load. The desk...

cinequip
replies: 0 views: 208
cinequip 1 week ago

Hello everyone, I have recently had an issue with a Cheetah MS6. I was replacing one of the CEM3396 chips when one of the...

phroggiey
replies: 32 views: 3,222
elcct 1 week ago

Oscillator A on my Prophet 600 is unpredictable with regards to tuning. I've scaled it correctly but the problem still remains. ...

Thisiscobras
replies: 2 views: 269
Thisiscobras 1 week ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search