The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Geekslutz forum

Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

The GUTZ

OK, something to spice up Geekslutz = here is where we post images of the INSIDE of audio equipment. Disclaimer; any photo...

Tim Farrant
replies: 1,054 views: 432,287
monkeyxx 7 hours ago

I have been collecting schematics for 30 years and 5 years ago I started make them available at my site www.SecretMind.dk but...

MicroSonic
replies: 65 views: 76,907
Tony cheese 5th January 2018

DSP Innovations has recently launched a FREE data sheet search site. The site, Datasheetpro.com - Search Electronic Components ,...

gabriel1
replies: 16 views: 36,752
ponzi 27th October 2017

Anyone who offers technical services should get themselves listed into the new member directory here... Gearslutz Directory:...

Tim Farrant
replies: 8 views: 25,864
Aniol1349 10th June 2017

Looking for fellow CS-80 owners to help establish a standard of what internal resistance readings to expect. With the power off,...

yonny
replies: 0 views: 1
yonny 2 minutes ago

Hi guys, I have a question about proper grounding in my home studio. I have 3 guitar amps, and a Mackie Onyx 1640i. I...

Krauthammer
replies: 13 views: 308
Krauthammer 34 minutes ago

I have 4 mono output synths that I would like to feed all into one DI and out to a preamp. I will only be using one at a time. ...

HostaMahogey
replies: 0 views: 39
HostaMahogey 1 hour ago

Does the quality of a volume pot have any effect on the sound or is it simply the durability that is different?

dysenterygary
replies: 14 views: 7,472
u87allen 1 hour ago

Just went to use my Mutronics Mutator for the first time in a little while and my LFO Waveform 4-position switch is not working. ...

SF_Green
replies: 11 views: 182
wrgkmc 1 hour ago

I realize this is asking a lot, but I've hit rock bottom here. I wonder how you gentlemen here would go about finding...

SongJohn
replies: 7 views: 503
wrgkmc 1 hour ago

Is there anything anywhere to help me build my own converter?

inthere
replies: 8 views: 14,624
Schoeller 3 hours ago

Hi, I bought a second hand 28/24 Amek Angela with a 2000 series power unit PSU last week and the PSU fans need to be...

smilan
replies: 3 views: 177
Schoeller 3 hours ago

All the Bass and Middle pots on my Bassman 72 Silverface don't work! Hi! This is my very first post on gearslutz! Anyways, I...

jakekeisler7
replies: 2 views: 227
wrgkmc 4 hours ago

I have a friend's Studiomaster 16-16-2 that has TBM (Tsubame Radio Co.) 90mm travel 5kohm Audio taper slide pots. I have searched...

Travis1000
replies: 4 views: 840
neil.johnson 11 hours ago

Hello there, I have a 20 year old Allen & Heath Mixwizard. The left master channel exhibits a faint rustling "wind...

conroy
replies: 6 views: 266
Schoeller 17 hours ago

Hello. Hopefully someone who has done this sees my post. I did multiple searches for this and surprisingly didn't find my...

weenhillage
replies: 13 views: 453
Richard Crowley 17 hours ago

Hi fellows my 81 ADJUST encoder went crazy. Turning it clockwise or counter-C-W takes the displayed parameter to its max....

italo de angelis
replies: 25 views: 810
researchtriangle 1 day ago

Hi all. I have the last couple of month experienced some problems with my Emu Emax SE. It made a funny buzzzzzzz sound from...

mmc_808
replies: 1 views: 397
Visor 1 day ago

Hi guys, I own two and one of them is unfortunately not working properly. After some investigation and exclusion of problems...

burningd
replies: 1 views: 313
dfchandler 1 day ago

Hello... Making a patch/switch box. In short, the box will have 16 inputs (8 standard XLR and 8 combo XLR for TRS 1/4 plugs),...

iMisspell
replies: 2 views: 338
iMisspell 1 day ago

Hello, my first post this year! Looking to find details on some DI box transformers which would keep the colouring to...

AtomicMidi
replies: 22 views: 716
AtomicMidi 1 day ago

Hi all, Had an 80's Dynamix mixing console sat around for a while now which I want to do some work on.. problem is, the whole...

kinjack
replies: 9 views: 317
kinjack 1 day ago

Hi guys, Just chiming in to ask people's own experience with caps and sound improvements/not. I'm gettting some EQ's racked up...

PartHunter
replies: 30 views: 1,151
Schoeller 2 days ago

Hi everyone, I haven't posted anything for a while so I have just recently decided to extract the digit and fully restore my...

strahany
replies: 58 views: 7,610
phawsea 2 days ago

not totally sure if this is the right place for this but here it goes anyway! just stumbled into an old yamaha m916 that is in...

ngh
replies: 2 views: 348
lukaroono 2 days ago

Can anyone share any links to or actuall schematics for API or Clone mic preamp? Also need info on where to get the compononets...

J_DMONT
replies: 3 views: 465
gtzack4 2 days ago

hey geeks!!! i just assembled my first DIY project (a fuzzbox that sounds like hot trash on garbage) and im interested in any...

Curtis Franklin
replies: 10 views: 39,040
brianroth 2 days ago

There has been alot of talk about importance of conversion in recording chain, and lots of people want to know which AD/DA chip...

Chagalj
replies: 314 views: 227,003
Jim Williams 2 days ago

Hi I did a search in the forum but I didn't find anything that matches this problem. I've got the original PS-02 psu and the...

soundmachinery
replies: 2 views: 259
soundmachinery 2 days ago

I recently purchased an old Neve 2057 EQ (germanium) and wonder if anyone can point me in the right direction to how this should...

davemoog
replies: 1 views: 1,521
Kasroc 2 days ago

I scored this cool old Electra EP350 flat response tape echo on ebay. I'm cleaning it up and restoring it. I popped a new tape in...

Beneficial
replies: 3 views: 1,236
whatitdoux 3 days ago

Hey guys, No idea how this was able to happen. However, the power button cap of my DSP 20 is gone. Does anybody know where I can...

Bonie3001
replies: 6 views: 265
WorldPowerLabs 3 days ago

Hi - My goal is to own a Maselec without paying Maselec prices. My fantasy EQ would be that or the Buzz Audio REQ-2.2 so that's...

jml designs
replies: 1 views: 282
ruffrecords 3 days ago

Hey guys, So troubled by my KC550 Roland amp, and decided to post for help. I have 3x of these amps, and run two of them in...

phildog33
replies: 1 views: 292
phildog33 3 days ago

Hi, Sorry if this question don't make sense i'm just trying to ge tto grip ith the concept. But say if i have a wav file of a...

complex
replies: 8 views: 485
acreil 4 days ago

Neumann mic transformers BV11 & TAB/Siemans V76 transformers. Hi guys, does anyone have any information on the exact...

DannyMac
replies: 0 views: 249
DannyMac 4 days ago

Hey all, I don't have any modding experience, so please excuse my ignorance. I've got an ART Pro MPA II Reference Series (the...

slimjim5792
replies: 8 views: 1,527
Barorik 4 days ago

Hi I have a semi-working Solton programmer 24 and I need som help with troubleshooting before I dig in with the multimeter...

Boytec
replies: 0 views: 252
Boytec 4 days ago

I want to learn more about the components and how they work in a circuit in music gear. And are there any special ICs that the...

RobinJacobsson
replies: 4 views: 290
Frank_Case 5 days ago

Knowing how much electricity a modern audio interface or convertor consumes (along with a computer); I've put my setup in limbo...

bxt403
replies: 25 views: 998
Matt Syson 5 days ago

I just installed the Organix midi mod in my JX-3P. The mod functions perfectly and as expected... but... Now the saw wave of...

Rufuss Sewell
replies: 0 views: 244
Rufuss Sewell 5 days ago

Hello, Brand new to the forum so go easy on the noob. I just aquired a 65 Super Reverb cab with the old Jensen Alnico...

Slowdazzle
replies: 1 views: 313
Frank_Case 5 days ago

Hey All, My (usually) 100% reliable Moog Voyager has been intermittently shutting down after powering up. It's not a clean...

Praxisaxis
replies: 13 views: 385
Schoeller 5 days ago

While the Emu Emax service manual covers a good portion of the circuitry, one key element that is primarily glossed over or...

Rasputin1916
replies: 2 views: 678
Stephencl 6 days ago

Hi all Maybe you can help me: I can't switch on my Lexicon MPX1 anymore. It's just as if it doesn't receive any power. I...

AuraCore
replies: 4 views: 4,022
chaitanyo 6 days ago

Hi. Just wondering if anyone can tell if this display will work to replace the display in a PC3X. I know it isn't tall enough, I...

lahatte
replies: 9 views: 374
lahatte 6 days ago

Hi! I just bought Ensoniq EPS and when I try load OS disc (I have 4) after about 4-5 sec. FDD stopped making noise and Epsonic...

imago10
replies: 0 views: 256
imago10 6 days ago

Was gifted a pair of NS10s with one blown woofer. Replacements have more than tripled in price so I decided to try the recone kit...

Bramley
replies: 26 views: 5,260
iamkimosabi 1 week ago

I just went to fire up my RED Audio Type A tube mic and when I plug the 7 pin cable into the mic body the light on the power...

TheVillageIdiot
replies: 3 views: 411
jwh1192 1 week ago

no matter what cables i use, no matter what inputs im goin in or what out put im using theres a noisy hum in my mfc42... makes it...

Billy Nojokes
replies: 6 views: 1,830
kicks91 1 week ago

There is a proper technique for terminating the screens of audio cables with a separate wire so they can be connect to crimp...

ruffrecords
replies: 20 views: 781
ruffrecords 1 week ago

Hi , I have a Yamaha 03D that has gone blank. There is no display on the screen but the screen light is on. Does anyone have...

JohnWong78
replies: 18 views: 10,751
fullbackup 1 week ago

Hello all. Ive tried searching, but dont know the lingo to find the correct results. What im looking for is a "box"...

iMisspell
replies: 8 views: 527
iMisspell 1 week ago

Anybody out there in GSLand ever calibrate their Burl B80 Mothership BDA and BAD convertors? I've seen posted PDF's for B2ADC...

juniorexploder
replies: 2 views: 350
juniorexploder 1 week ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search