The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Geekslutz forum

Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

The GUTZ

OK, something to spice up Geekslutz = here is where we post images of the INSIDE of audio equipment. Disclaimer; any photo...

Tim Farrant
replies: 1,064 views: 442,320
Kronos147 1 week ago

I have been collecting schematics for 30 years and 5 years ago I started make them available at my site www.SecretMind.dk but...

MicroSonic
replies: 65 views: 79,827
Tony cheese 5th January 2018

DSP Innovations has recently launched a FREE data sheet search site. The site, Datasheetpro.com - Search Electronic Components ,...

gabriel1
replies: 16 views: 38,203
ponzi 27th October 2017

Anyone who offers technical services should get themselves listed into the new member directory here... Gearslutz Directory:...

Tim Farrant
replies: 8 views: 27,236
Aniol1349 10th June 2017

Which brands and models of USB interfaces have the best: 1) Pre-amps. 2) Antialiasing filters.

heavymetalmixer
replies: 0 views: 84
heavymetalmixer 7 hours ago

There has been alot of talk about importance of conversion in recording chain, and lots of people want to know which AD/DA chip...

Chagalj
replies: 373 views: 237,633
Monroy 12 hours ago

Hi-- I have some minor problems with certain audio cards that my tech Dan Zellman believes to be related to caps on the audio...

mattwa1sh
replies: 1 views: 159
Jim Williams 13 hours ago

Here’s the poop. Master outs are unbalanced and go to tape. Years ago I tapped the headphone monitor leads at the PCB and...

Brian M. Boykin
replies: 3 views: 319
Jim Williams 13 hours ago

I'm thinking about getting an analogue synthetic clap generator like a Boss HC-2 and I'm not sure wether it would be a good idea...

FrankWagner
replies: 2 views: 309
FrankWagner 13 hours ago

Hello, I don't know how that happened, but some buttons on my Roland A-500PRO were damaged. That's really strange because the...

HC7UY
replies: 0 views: 186
HC7UY 17 hours ago

Hi guys and gals, Quick question. I have just built my first diy project, an AML ez1073 pre. I'm at the calibration stage...

megatonemark
replies: 7 views: 738
Pollobailando 19 hours ago

Hi I recently bought a hand built Tube based channel strip. It has 3 impedence selections, line, 500 Ohm and 1.2k. As I was...

Mr Funk
replies: 23 views: 680
Mr Funk 21 hours ago

Hi, Does anyone knows about some website with informations about ADDA converters builds in audio interfaces? For example: I...

Monroy
replies: 2 views: 253
Monroy 23 hours ago

Was gifted a pair of NS10s with one blown woofer. Replacements have more than tripled in price so I decided to try the recone kit...

Bramley
replies: 29 views: 6,004
stevep 1 day ago

Hey all, I've got a furman system, which uses 2 ethernet cords. The cords hang off the units, stressing the cable. They also...

spice house
replies: 3 views: 295
dfchandler 1 day ago

Anyone have a copy of this? If a parts list is available, that would be a bonus :). - Thanks

Fader Biscuit
replies: 2 views: 310
Fader Biscuit 1 day ago

Hello, My recent ill advised purchase of a beautiful Scully 280 has put me in the rabbit hole of schematics. All seems to...

OHM GHOST
replies: 14 views: 630
totallybertini 1 day ago

HI, I'm looking to do some mods to this little Kesley mixer, beyond a recap bypass caps thing.. and would appreciate Some chiming...

leeharveyosmond
replies: 0 views: 298
leeharveyosmond 1 day ago

So I was wondering if it would be able to tweak the vca and the limiter circuit in a way to make it a nicer 3:1 compressor with a...

Nutmeg II.
replies: 3 views: 889
LiveWire 2 days ago

Semi rookie here. Is this what a fried trace looks like? Just confirming what I’m already pretty sure of.

Brian M. Boykin
replies: 31 views: 659
Brian M. Boykin 2 days ago

Hello ma dudez, It is coming up to dissertation season where I am and as such my title and hypothesis are as...

JJproduction
replies: 5 views: 375
gyraf 2 days ago

Hey folks, This is concerning squeezing more gain out of channel strips that have been racked up and wired to go directly out...

Jonk
replies: 4 views: 562
Matt Syson 3 days ago

One fellow in a FB group said that it simulates "tube sound". What it is actually, and how it works?

Wavebourn
replies: 0 views: 258
Wavebourn 3 days ago

Working on a couple JCM 900s for a guy, swapping power tubes and rebiasing. One was the model that came with 5881s and the...

B. Toast
replies: 4 views: 450
Vitalis 3 days ago

Hi folks, I was thinking of upgrading the summing and output drivers in my console., they use NE5532's for this. I've noticed...

PartHunter
replies: 6 views: 535
Jim Williams 3 days ago

Hello. A year ago I pulled out the Opamps for the line inputs and the fader buffers on my Trident 24 desk. In the Line Input...

firby
replies: 5 views: 347
Jim Williams 3 days ago

Hi guys, I`m looking for the SPDIF brand - photo attached. There is a logo of bat on the connector. Thanks for hint.

aljaz
replies: 43 views: 806
monomer 3 days ago

I used to buy Belden 46349 https://catalog.belden.com/techdata/EN/BE46349_techdata.pdf for all my unbalanced cable needs...

belzrebuth
replies: 4 views: 309
belzrebuth 3 days ago

hey, i have a broken lexicon 224 here that im stuck with. i was never able to use it - i bought it broken for a steal. problem...

salomonander
replies: 12 views: 503
salomonander 3 days ago

While the Emu Emax service manual covers a good portion of the circuitry, one key element that is primarily glossed over or...

Rasputin1916
replies: 6 views: 851
tdot 3 days ago

Hi. I'm using an Orion 32+ with Pro tools 12 LE and having issues with setting up the HW insert delay for the Orion. Has...

DavidAshman
replies: 1 views: 444
sdiazmun 4 days ago

One of the peak level (VU) meters in my Focusrite ISA 428 has stopped moving. The needle won’t jump when a signal is fed...

filmcomposer
replies: 1 views: 321
Richard Crowley 4 days ago

Hi, cross posting with the electronic music forum, just in case. Forgot to change the battery and now the a6 refuses to...

dalshim
replies: 0 views: 246
dalshim 4 days ago

Excuse the crosspost from the Mastering forum, but I'm looking for a tech or shop that specializes in repairing obsolete vintage...

Jeff Willens
replies: 4 views: 516
Jeff Willens 5 days ago

Hello, I'm trying to piece my studio back together, and am trying to figure out if it is worthwhile to restore this Quantum...

chunger
replies: 12 views: 2,359
belstudios 5 days ago

I bought a NOS McOne some time ago and it's obvious that some of the parts are not the best quality. That's to be expected from...

auralart
replies: 19 views: 1,000
Matt Syson 5 days ago

Hi all, I've got a Casio VZ-10m that turns on but does not output any sound. All outputs are dead silent. I tried the...

belzrebuth
replies: 3 views: 339
belzrebuth 5 days ago

Does anyone know if the microphone-parts RK-12 (sold on microphone-parts.com for $159) and the Rayking RK12 (sold on Alibaba for...

VitaEtMusica
replies: 0 views: 332
VitaEtMusica 6 days ago

I am interested in replacing a switching power supply with a very good linear power supply and I'm looking for some...

Toolbag
replies: 16 views: 1,515
tINY 6 days ago

I recently purchased a Soundcraft PSM290 PSU that was modified to power my Soundtracs 16:8:16 mixing board (modification was the...

RichTone
replies: 0 views: 306
RichTone 6 days ago

Developing new enhanced Dolby B version, far more advanced than standard. Standard B is also supported and switchable between B...

Chapai
replies: 29 views: 723
Chapai 6 days ago

If anyone can help me, or give me suggestions that I can investigate to fix this problem, that would be great. I have a Fostex...

noelp
replies: 2 views: 302
noelp 6 days ago

I have begun making modifications to an old Univox Maxi-Korg synthesizer. When I bought the unit it was partially functioning...

Hollowman9
replies: 18 views: 732
Hollowman9 1 week ago

Hello, Finding information on units like this is seemingly difficult. I have a circa 1995 Tube Tech PE1C that I've sort of...

Thecmarus
replies: 4 views: 470
griploc_1981 1 week ago

is it possible to add direct outs (post eq, post fader) to a console.. instead of routing them to a master buss, route them to...

Disjointed
replies: 33 views: 16,098
GabrielLove 1 week ago

I have a pair of mics (Dynamic ?) they have 555 written on them Can anyone tell me their make & model (See Picture) Many...

Arny
replies: 3 views: 349
Studerfreak 1 week ago

Hi everyone, I hope this is the right subforum for this. I have a old SM58 I bought from sometime in the late 60'-80's's, which...

Konan
replies: 3 views: 453
Fader Biscuit 1 week ago

Anyone here have any documentation on this mic? A schematic would be most appreciated!

slor
replies: 8 views: 1,507
analogguru 1 week ago

I have an NS-10 woofer I’m building a DIY subkick out of. General recommendation is to plug that woofer into a DI to do some...

Spindrift
replies: 7 views: 589
philsaudio 1 week ago

Everywhere one reads, it’s emphasized that only ‘Hammond tonewheel generator oil’ must be used to oil a Hammond...

filmcomposer
replies: 2 views: 350
filmcomposer 1 week ago
Avatar for Pinebox Studio Services

Hello, I have a Coutant PSU in front of me that I need a reference for. Do not see a model number. All I can find are the ones...

Pinebox Studio Services
replies: 5 views: 538
Geoff_T 1 week ago

Hi. can anyone suggest model numbers /specs for replacement relays on the audio cards of an Otari MX70? The original relays...

Harald
replies: 16 views: 2,724
silva1 1 week ago

I am looking for 2 HPA2 PCB modules from Benchmark Replacement for my Shadow Hills Monitor Console. Taking a chance...

hasbeen
replies: 2 views: 404
hasbeen 1 week ago

Hi, I specifically named the LSR305 since I use them myself (and for another reason explained later) but I guess you could...

dadadam
replies: 12 views: 1,068
sdrosenb 1 week ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search