The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Forum  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending

Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

I have been collecting schematics for 30 years and 5 years ago I started make them available at my site www.SecretMind.dk but...

MicroSonic
replies: 72 views: 96,781
hebjam 30th August 2019

The GUTZ

OK, something to spice up Geekslutz = here is where we post images of the INSIDE of audio equipment. Disclaimer; any photo...

Tim Farrant
replies: 1,106 views: 492,555
chipss36 29th August 2019

DSP Innovations has recently launched a FREE data sheet search site. The site, Datasheetpro.com - Search Electronic Components ,...

gabriel1
replies: 16 views: 46,354
ponzi 27th October 2017

Anyone who offers technical services should get themselves listed into the new member directory here... Gearslutz Directory:...

Tim Farrant
replies: 8 views: 35,145
Aniol1349 10th June 2017

Hello, I have a CAD VSM-1 microphone that needs a new tube. Currently it has a Sovtek 12AX7WA. I was wondering if someone...

muddbros
replies: 43 views: 3,294
Radardoug 41 minutes ago

Tonight the 17v +/- lights went out on my power supply. I have yet to remove it from the rack, but I was curious to see if anyone...

recordinghopkins
replies: 125 views: 24,387
kenrinc 1 hour ago

Today I took an IEC power cord apart, hoping to use the internal wires for a short bit of internal power wiring. It's power...

lame pseudonym
replies: 2 views: 130
DrewE 4 hours ago

Hi - I have a MCI JH110C-8 (1") -there are very small flat spots on the faces of the tape lifter rods (nothing drastic)...

juniorexploder
replies: 7 views: 933
2Low 4 hours ago

My Roland JX8P is noisy. Not noisy in a gargling, crackling kind of way, it just has a high background noisefloor all the time....

Slutty Professor
replies: 3 views: 337
becks bolero 6 hours ago

Hi, I've got a HiFi stereo preamp with two 12ax7 valves. Attaching the schematics (the schematics uses 12au7 as the second...

hohohoho
replies: 1 views: 206
tINY 6 hours ago

I just went to fire up my RED Audio Type A tube mic and when I plug the 7 pin cable into the mic body the light on the power...

TheVillageIdiot
replies: 4 views: 647
Byron Pierce 6 hours ago

There has been alot of talk about importance of conversion in recording chain, and lots of people want to know which AD/DA chip...

Chagalj
replies: 441 views: 294,501
Giro1991 1 day ago

i bought an old psu for my soundcraft dlx delta some months ago. it has been working fine until the other day when i couldnt get...

5.333V
replies: 91 views: 11,619
Jim Williams 1 day ago

I'm not able to find a schematic for this. Does anyone know if this is a starved plate design? I had my VLA modded to full...

Old Goat
replies: 11 views: 4,103
JimmyT 1 day ago

I have managed to track down the manual and a service manual for the 224x, but it is lacking a schematic for the NVS...

LittleDev
replies: 2 views: 550
justanalogue 1 day ago

Hello, I just finished a few mods on my Korg MS-20 Mini. There are already some resources online showing how to add...

sin night
replies: 0 views: 131
sin night 1 day ago

Mixer mod

Hi I have a Soundtracs 32/4/2 mixer, not used at the moment but still a good unit. Just feel it's a bit lifeless... I'm going to...

Transmutant
replies: 62 views: 2,093
Transmutant 1 day ago

the capstan motor on my Otari locked up, when I opened the motor casing, a small plastic piece fell out, motor spins fine, that...

parpat
replies: 4 views: 701
parpat 2 days ago

Hey! I'm having trouble with interference that I think is coming from the mains. The noise is a high pitched whine that sounds...

lpww
replies: 17 views: 606
samwinston123 2 days ago

I need a 3.5mm to bare wire. Bought a 3.5mm to rca and clipped the ends but I found there are 2 wires plus a shield. Wires are...

jerry123
replies: 4 views: 195
jerry123 2 days ago

I am restoring my Auditronics 26 channel Son of 36 Grant console. I have seen many posts suggesting a replacement of the power...

jvancorduroy
replies: 4 views: 229
Jim Williams 2 days ago

Hi ! I'm going to unite a bunch of Bose satelite speakers to make a poor man's L1..... I opened up the se-5 speaker and found...

LukeAndListen
replies: 33 views: 1,822
Richard Crowley 3 days ago

I just got two Orban tanks the other day and I'm wondering how to wire one of them up to my driver( tank driver from Radial). I...

mick61
replies: 3 views: 303
Jim Williams 3 days ago

Hi i am not technical wizard but I can solder :) can anyone do me a favour and point me in the right direction for a replacement...

Minilove
replies: 5 views: 304
Jim Williams 3 days ago

Hi all, I have an NPNG DMP-2NW that needs a (hopefully minor) repair. The problem is no signal on channel 1. No action on...

Byron
replies: 1 views: 476
Byron 3 days ago

I've got a Yamaha SPX 1000 open on the work bench that came to me with "Warning Data Error" upon boot. It passes...

btmohler
replies: 1 views: 329
btmohler 3 days ago

man it hurts typing this out; I was playing my cs50 recently when I suddenly heard a soft pop and noticed afterwards only 3/4...

dannykorrson
replies: 3 views: 632
yesman 3 days ago

Hello, This is my first post on GS, although I've been lurking since my teenage. My TR-808 is giving me a headache. After...

Buddspencer
replies: 0 views: 275
Buddspencer 4 days ago

Can you recommend me the best tube to use with spl mk2-t vitalizer? Unit has stock Sovtek 12AX7LPS tubes (one operating in stereo...

sat159p1
replies: 12 views: 3,467
work 4 days ago

Can anyone provide a copy of the Yamaha diagnostic software (or a link) for the M7CL? I see the references in the service manual...

CraigF
replies: 0 views: 281
CraigF 4 days ago

Hey everybody, I'm thinking about building / developing a MCU-based hardware controller for plugins. Does anybody know whether...

Uli Auer
replies: 5 views: 1,097
Uli Auer 4 days ago

Hello, I'm getting a very strange intermittent problem with my TLA "Ivory 2" 5051, which is ruining some recordings...

compo
replies: 14 views: 1,621
Radardoug 4 days ago

I have a vintage Tesla channel strip that I've recapped the EQ section, and have fixed up the PSU on. It's now receiving a...

ryandfaris
replies: 0 views: 291
ryandfaris 5 days ago

Hi Folks does anyone have a schematic for a Furman LC3. I would like to add the balance circuit and not sure what the deal is...

Shak
replies: 7 views: 944
soundshots 5 days ago

Hey all, I just bought a piece of vintage test equipment (Leeds and Northrup 5430) with some cool knobs and faceplate. I was...

ryanisprism
replies: 0 views: 321
ryanisprism 5 days ago

Welcome to exactly what the title of this thread suggests! And let me go straight to the disclaimer for all you millennial-,...

okkokkokko
replies: 40 views: 3,688
crosscutred 5 days ago

Hello, What could I do to my DBX 386 to make it sound less "consumer"? I figure I can change the 12AU7 tubes to...

Chris Parsons
replies: 20 views: 7,024
indigenous 5 days ago

I'm fixing up a Tesla EJU 124 channel strip I got for next to nothing. Got it working just "fine" but it's got real low...

ryandfaris
replies: 7 views: 465
ryandfaris 5 days ago

I am fixing a M-Audio Prokeys 88SX which has a faulty main board. Anyone here with a faulty Prokeys 88SX and may want to get...

gkmaia
replies: 0 views: 346
gkmaia 6 days ago

Hello, I believe cardioid takes two signals and does something with the phase to produce the cardioid pattern. Is it...

gearstudent
replies: 3 views: 440
gearstudent 6 days ago

Assuming I don't get an existing MK219 or 319, I'm wondering about building the circuit from scratch using something like a...

les24preludes
replies: 3 views: 362
Lumbergh 6 days ago

Having a look at the Midi Implementation (p.234 onwards) with a vague view to having some remote access to some parameters...

whatever17
replies: 1 views: 329
whatever17 6 days ago

Can I swap the akai MPC60’s IC, PCM54HP 16-bit D/A converter, with a 8-bit d/a converter. Like if I wanted the MPC60 to be...

LoFizle
replies: 3 views: 447
acreil 1 week ago

Hello, I'm very new to using a soldering iron, but I've soldered a few hundred cable connectors so far and put together a...

trubadoor
replies: 36 views: 2,768
committments 1 week ago

I hadn't used my gear in 5 years after quitting gigging and closing my project studio, but I kept it and have recently started...

lotech
replies: 1 views: 1,383
lmerck 1 week ago

Some time ago I read on Tape Op where Jim Williams spoke about modding his Tascam 38 by doing some various mods to the cards that...

illacov
replies: 55 views: 20,071
Brian M. Boykin 1 week ago

Has anyone ever heard of refurbishing worn faders? I have P&G conductive plastic faders in my MCI 400 console. I like them...

Outlaw Hans
replies: 14 views: 3,172
EvLoutonian 1 week ago

Hello! I have a little problem with my Otari MX7000. It‘s a 2 track 1/4“ tape machine. It has 3x tape speeds: 15, 7 ½ and 3...

Yoski
replies: 2 views: 1,154
Bill Way 1 week ago

Hey everybody ! I'm searching for schematics of the API 550B(!) Equalizer module. I'd like to change the boost/cut gain on...

Uli Auer
replies: 0 views: 451
Uli Auer 1 week ago

I've got an old Dukane comp on the way. I'd like to move the switches on the back to the front. I can use a soldering iron but...

Rob Coates
replies: 2 views: 457
Brian M. Boykin 1 week ago

I've been searching around through all the Soundcraft posts looking for info on pots for the Sapphyre but haven't had too much...

kenrinc
replies: 1 views: 1,151
kenrinc 1 week ago

Hello smart people, I know zero about electronics. I have a Strymon Deco pedal that I had modified, I had a mono/stereo...

ljefe
replies: 2 views: 562
ljefe 1 week ago

So i read that you can decouple an opamp from the power rails with a small ceramic cap from + and minus to ground. Then i...

sameal
replies: 27 views: 1,407
Jim Williams 1 week ago

Hi there! My 808 problem is that after switching it on it doesn't work the first 2-3 minutes. - "Basic Variation" and...

Patrick Dexter
replies: 4 views: 2,328
Buddspencer 1 week ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search