The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
A/B xlr selector
Old 5th October 2015
Here for the gear

So awesome to see this thread still going. I am assembling one this week, but it will be running through my Phantom Powered Blue Microphone. Keeping fingers crossed that I can get it working.
Old 3rd May 2018
Here for the gear

Hi,

I was just wondering if anyone could advise me as to how I could add some LED lights to this switch. So there would be a green light for one output and a red light for the other for example. Presumably I need the LEDs obviously and some resistors, just not sure exactly where I would put this in?

Thanks
Old 3rd May 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattatooi View Post
Hi,

I was just wondering if anyone could advise me as to how I could add some LED lights to this switch. So there would be a green light for one output and a red light for the other for example. Presumably I need the LEDs obviously and some resistors, just not sure exactly where I would put this in?

Thanks
You can't really just "put this in". You would need an ADDITIONAL section on the switch to operate the LEDs. A 4-pole, double-throw (4PDT) switch is difficult enough to find. A 5-pole (or 6-pole) switch is even more rare/expensive. I only mention 6-pole because switches are typically made with an even number of poles.

Unless you don't need muting, in which case, a 4PDT would work well.
Old 8th November 2018
Here for the gear
Hi, new to this great forum, sorry for bringing this up again.

May I ask, if I were to use a metal case instead, should I tie all Pin 1 to the chassis, so to complete the shielding?

thanks!
Old 9th November 2018
Lives for gear

YES, you SHOULD use a metal enclosure for complete shielding.
YES, you should connect XLR pin 1 to the enclosure for proper grounding.

Welcome to the forums.
You might find it helpful to complete your profile to at least reveal what country you are in.
Many questions depend on WHERE you are.
Old 9th November 2018
Here for the gear
Greeting Sir!

Thank you for the advice.
Yes of course, I have just updated my profile. :D
Top Mentioned Products
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search