The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
urei 1176 woes Dynamics Processors (HW)
Old 4th March 2014
Here for the gear

urei 1176 woes

Hello all.I have a pair of 1176s with the same problem-meter pegs when put into the meter GR mode.No limiting,passes audio OK.Any common problems or ideas? Is there a modern replacement for the FET Q1?
Thanks
Old 4th March 2014
Lives for gear

Hi,
I doubt this is the FET. As always, more background info will help you get help with these. Are they new, used, new-to-you, recent e-bay purchase, been sitting in an unused condition for a long time etc? Have they been calibrated? Or, has someone attempted to calibrate them? It sounds to me like they may be in the early stage of the cal procedure, with R-81 dialed full CCW. That would certainly get you no GR...or R-81 may have gone bad. More info, maybe some pics would help.
Best,
Ike
Old 4th March 2014
Here for the gear

They are a friends.I'm fixing them They are older blackfaced -all discrete.I'm a experienced tech with test equipment and schematics,I just haven't worked on 1176s.power supply voltages are there,I can see the control voltages on the gate of the FET.The attack control does not affect the waveform of the control voltage, but the release does.If I can't suss it out,he has a functioning one I can A/B with.I'll check the cal.
Thanks
Old 6th March 2014
Led
Lives for gear

Probably not this but worth a read :
Is your black face 1176LN also an AM transmitter?
Old 10th June 2016
Here for the gear

I'm having the exact same issue with my 1176. Did you find a solution?
Old 5th October 2017
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampex601 View Post
I'm having the exact same issue with my 1176. Did you find a solution?
Me too
Old 9th October 2017
Village Idiot

Check if its just the calibration first.

Gustav
Top Mentioned Products
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search